Calloused
220 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Umm...hmmmm....nice..."muttered Roy as he finished the small sculpture in his hand and nodded. The wooden figure was about 10 cm tall  it depicted in exquisite detail a man in full plate armour holding a big and long axe in his hand. The armour seemed a bit spiky as it had some protrusion on the joints , and on the chest plate there was the twisted face of a monster.

"Fuuuuuuu.....

Roy blew the wood dust away with hollow eyes and finally placed the figure on the ground. He then got up and went out of the cellar he had called home for such a long time.

 The small wooden figure on the ground looked erie , as if it was ready to come to life , but it was not alone. Beside it, there were six more of them; a big spiked wheel, a muscle monster with only a mouth, a house , a tree filled with thorns, a spider with eyes like camera lenses , and lastly a sphere that seemed to twist and turn in all kinds I directions.  All of these figures were lined beside each other as they faced the same size model of the place Roy had been stranded for so long.

............

"Hmmm...hmmmm....huhummm..." Roy hummed a soong he had long forgotten as he looked at the same sky he had seen for so long. He even doubted that he had ever seen a blue sky or that rain existed, everything before coming to this place was a haze to him.

"Heheh, it's truly been a long time. Maybe 20 years, 30,50, or maybe even more than that?80..." mumbled Roy to himself as he brought his hand to his face. It was the same hand he had seen for so long. After all this  time it had never changed, never got calloused, never bleed, but now it was beginning to fade away. Roy knew what this meat for him, but he didn't particularly care.

" It seems that my body won't hold much longer at this rate, and when that happens they will definitely come for me, but who will have that honour?  Maybe it's the knight,or maybe the wheel? Hehe..." said Roy as he looked to the distance of this unending prison. He had tried to leave so many times that he had lost count. Hope was lost even sooner than that though.

"Hmmm.... finally...." said Roy with a slight tremble of his voice as he felt a feeling of emptiness. It was as if he had removed the anchor that held him in place. He had long expected for it, but he still couldn't keep calm, death was something everyone was afraid of.

"Kiaaaaaaaa.....

A shrill scream broke the silence of the place like wave, and Roy finally smiled. "So it's the spider then......

"Kiaaaaaaaa......

The screaming was heard again as it got closer and closer. Heavy thudding sounds approached , and in less than ten seconds a two meter tall and five meter wide ,green spider appeared in front of him. It's eight eyes were camera lenses, it's legs seemed to be made from reflective metal , and it's outer shell was full of hair that seemed to emit electricity.

"Haha, so it's you. I didn't expect it, but...

"Kiaaaaaaaa.....

"Hey, hey, I didn't see say I was disappointed." said Roy as he shook his head at the spider. This monster was nothing new to him as he had lived in this place for so long, and had even fought with it countless times. Although every encounter with it always ended in defeat, Roy had learned a lot about it's attacking habits.

*Click, click,click....

Without notice there were multiple sounds from the spiders eyes, as if the shutters of a camera , and with them five black spots appeared on the ground where Roy had just been. They sizzled as if they were extremely hot, definitely more than boiling hot.

"Haahh! "

With a shout, Roy who had just escaped the attacks with a jump to the side  didn't wait a single second and immediately ran. This prompted an enraged cry from the monstrous spider who gave chase.

..........

*Click... click....

The sounds of a camera shutter were often heard in the desolate wasteland coupled with sounds of rumbling.

"Haha...hahahaha.....

Roy laughed as he ran with all his strength from the spider who relentlessly chased him. The spider wasn't slowly or unable to attack Roy from range as it could shoot some kind of attack from it's eyes, but Roy seemed to know what it was going to do. He either doged by a hairs breath, or quickly changed directions and entered the abandoned building's.

"Kiiiiiiiiiii......

This clearly enraged the spider, but Roy didn't care at all, and just continued to do what he did.

'Heh, the spider is strong and coupled with it's long raged attacks can definitely kill someone, but it's not smart enough. I have already calculated all the possibilities , all it's attack patterns . It can't tunch me....' thought Roy as he jumped out of the second story window of the building he was on , and then continued to jump and roll forward. It was amazing to witness such a display of parkour , but no one beside the spider was watching.

This chase continued for about one more minute, but unfortunately one of the spiders attack's seemed to hit Roy and made him fall down. 

"Kiiiiiiii.....

The spider immediately headed towards Roy who was on the ground and prepared to kill him, but instead of finding his prey on the ground, Roy was standing, leaning against a four storey building.

"Bye...." was the only word Roy muttered before he heavily kicked the depilated wall next to him, bringing the building down on both of them.

*Booooom*

...........

Tons and tons of ruble fell on them, burying them deep under it. It was almost impossible to escape from it unharmed, but a human had managed to stick out.

"Kaaaa....I thought I wouldn't make it." said Roy as he moved some big chunks of rubble out of the way, and finally got out. " Still, it went as well as I could have hooped for. Even if that didn't kill he spider, it at least incapacitated it. Now I only...."

"GAAAIINNSSS....

*CLANG CLING*

Roy stooped in his tracks as he heard two distinct and familiar sounds. 

" Well fuck...." caused Roy as he noticed the two figures approaching him. One of them a muscle monster with only a mouth, and the other a devilish knight.

"GAAAIINNSSS!" yelled the muscle monster and immediately rushed over. He punched Roy with its monstrous arms , slamming him against the wall. 

"Gahh....

Air was forcibly expelled from Roy's lungs and he fell on a daze, but he was quickly woken up by a cold feeling on his chest. Without waiting , the knight had plunged his sword on Roy's chest, only the hilt was visible. it was a terrifying moment, but Roy wasn't afraid anymore and just looked up at the sky. He couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic looking at the red sky as he looked at it intently, as if it would turn blue, but it never did and Roy's body just disappeared to dust like the numerous other hazy figures.

His soul was finally free from this limbo, but his fate had just begun. He had come to this place as a normal human, but was leaving as something else.

7