Awaken
748 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you've ever died, you know that death goes something like this:

Your bodily function start shutting down. Your brain goes haywire and you start seeing weird lights.

You get warm and cold at the same time. And there's the pain that slowly dissapears along with your ability to breathe. You're aware that you can't breathe but it feels like you're out of energy and you can't bring yourself to bring sweet oxygen into your lungs.

Then the screen of your vision fades to black like the end of a cutscene and you know no more. Just a dreamless sleep.

But I didn't know after death you were supposed to open your eyes and immediately shut them closed because of the bright light on the ceiling.

I didn't know you were supposed to wake up hell didn't burn. That the ground of hell was a hard, blank, bright white floor.

Perhaps the next thing you realize is that you don't know if you're in heaven or hell because you don't know if you've sinned before death. Maybe that's when you realize that you don't remember anything about your past, including who you are.

And then you see the devil (or God) on the other side of the bars that hold you in the cell that you're beginning to stand up in, while you still struggle to gain balance and your bones and joints crack like broken wood. He had dark, poorly trimmed facial hair and wore a white lab coat.

You try to talk; ask him Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How and why the hell the words Secure. Contain. Protect. keep running through your brain.

And then he talks. He sounds just like a robot and for some reason this makes you laugh. He sounds dead inside. Maybe you two weren't that different, since you feel the same way. He holds a voice recorder in one hand, which he speaks into. In the other he holds a clipboard.

"Day one. SCP 6621. Class: To be determined. Has the ability to steal the qualities of other beings, but must kill to attain them." Your confusion continues to expand until your brain feels like it's going to explode. And just as you thought the feeling couldn't get any worse and you stare at your hands that seem foreign, you hear a ssssshhhh sound and you look up to see that the bars to your cell have opened.

"Come with me," the stranger says. And you follow.

After following the man who seems to be have put on mute through a series of corridors that form a maze, you both finally come to a stop in front of a gigantic box in the middle of an–impossibly– even larger empty room.  Men that have helmets over masks that hide their identities and wear white uniforms and are armed with menacing guns stand around the room.

You stare at the box because there seems to be a strange vibe clinging to it like a funk. You barely notice the men leaving along with the man with the unkempt facial hair until one of the armed men mutters "Have fun." into your ear. The doors slide shut before your senses kick in and you're alone.

The speakers in the corner of the room announce "Test one" and the box opens.

And suddenly you wish you could die for the second time.

15