053 (Success)
492 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Test Two. Begin."

The girl that sat in front of me had to be at least four or five years old. My nerves were still on edge; I had a hard time trusting anything around me.

She had shoulder-length brown hair and a yellow shirt and green shorts.

But she seemed normal. And she seemed familiar.

"Hello!," she said. I couldn't resist a smile. Her voice was so cute.

My smile evaporated, as suddenly I was overcome by the strong urge to punch a hole in somebody's face. But I couldn't do that to a little girl!

I waved and she smiled and I instantly felt more calm. "What's your name?," she asked me. I hid my pain with another smile and shrugged. It hurt so much because it felt like something vital had been snatched away from me. In a way, there had.

I unconsciously clenched my fists. Anger flooded my system.

The feeling disappeared once again when she asked me, "Do you want to be friends?"

(No I don't want to be your friend. Your an abomination. I'm going to rip you—)

I nodded and her smile became a grin and she patted the spot next to her.

I couldn't do it though. I couldn't go over there and sit next to her. I didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't want to hurt her.

"I know you want to hurt me." Her smile had vanished.

My breath stopped. She knew? How? (How dare she read my mind. That little mother—).

"A lot of people try to hurt me. And they do. But it heals very quickly. I'm strong.

The way she said 'strong' sounded as if she did not know if she really was strong. Like she was repeating something she had been told.

My heart felt like it was trying to beat its way out of my chest. My body was hot with anger.

I couldn't control myself. I made my way toward the girl, fist raised.

The girl didn't flinch. She just stared at me with big round watery eyes that seemed to have the ability to glimpse inside of my soul.

I broke. But not in the way I thought I would. I thought I would kill her for a moment, but my fist just hung there for a while and then dropped to my side.

This seemed to surprise her. I sat down next to her uncomfortably.

I looked away from her cute face, worried and scared that I would hurt her.

Something small and cold wrapped around my thumb. I looked down and my heart flip-flopped in my chest when I saw that she was holding my thumb.

It made me feel sad. Empty. Like I was missing out on something.

There was a buzzing and the door opened. Dr. Avery walked in.

"Test 2 successful."

15