God of Death
463 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What did he say to you?"

I looked at Dr. Avery with visible confusion. "What did 049 say to you after the cameras cut off?," he repeated.

Even if I could talk, I wouldn't tell him a thing. So I shrugged. Surprising even myself, I emphasized my disdain and dislike for the Foundation by giving him the finger. To be honest, I didn't regret it either; the reaction I got out of him was priceless.

First he turned red. Angry red. Like a Tomato red. Then, he growled; a poor imitation of several SCPs I encountered. Then he grabbed me by the collar of my orange jumpsuit, yanked me to my feet, and slammed me up against the brick wall of my cell.

"AVERY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF!," The guard by the door shouted. When Avery refused to comply, the guard simply came forward and yanked Avery backward, nearly taking me with him. The guard said, "Avoid contact with the SCP or else!"

After the guard stepped out and returned to his original position just outside the entranceway to my cell, Avery took a second to regain his composure before continuing once again. "Look, I'm sorry. But I need this information. If 049 escapes containment, the whole world could go to hell. I know you understand me; I see wisdom in those eyes of yours. I don't know if you're capable of speech or if you just refuse to talk, but I need you to tell me what I need to know. Write it down. Do something."

After all that I had been through, after dying so many times, after waking up and being tortured by dreams and a barrage of constant questions, the Foundation 'needed' me. What a paradigm shift, huh? Everything that had happened to me since that day I woke up on the floor of the very cell I was in, I completely lost trust and sympathy for the Foundation. He could [RDFL]* himself. They all could.

I shrugged my shoulders. Avery sighed before leaning down and jotting something down on a piece of paper on his clipboard. When he finished he handed me the paper:

I'll make a del  deal with you: If you give me the information I need, I'll break protocol and tell you all the information you want to know.

I keep this job for the preservation of mankind. I will do whatever I can to make sure I keep the world safe, regardless of the consequences.

I still didn't trust him, but I needed to know who I was. Why I was here.

I wrote:

Deal. But you have to answer any of my questions.


Deal. Ask away. We can only be in the same room for a limited amount of time, so hurry.


Who really am I? Why am I here? Why all the tests? When can I leave?


Your real name is [REDACTED]. You are currently [REDACTED] years old. We are in the SecureContainProtect facility located in [REDACTED]. After the breach in [REDACTED], the foundation was forced to recapture all the SCPs and eliminate all Class D personnel. Class D consists of humans like you who have supernatural abilities. The foundation felt that Class D posed too much of a risk as well as a liability.

They used a serum to kill the Class D personnel. Including you. But you? You were different. You couldn't be killed entirely. You would 'respawn'. And the serum within you underwent a chemical reaction and seemed to mutate you. Now that that had happened, you were examined by SCP researchers and they discovered that you had obtained the ability to absorb the qualities of SCP propensities through death.

The trials are presented to you in order to test your true potential and analyze how much of a risk you are.

As for you last question: I don't know. Despite whatever you believe, the Foundation has good intent. It may seem corrupt at times, but that is a product of your experiences. Think about it as tough love, or something similar.

"Avery. Time's up," The guard announced. Avery rose, a nod replacing his lack of words and walked out, the bars sliding closed behind him.

What I had heard shocked me. Was all that he said really true? I felt the syringe in my pocket and ran my fingers across the outline.

I recalled what 049 had told me. It couldn't be a lie if 049 had said the same thing that Dr. Avery had said. Unless 049 was working with and/or for the Foundation, something I doubted.

The information proved too much for me to handle all at once and I found myself dropping into a dreamless sleep.

 

(*RDFL: Redacted due to foul language)

14