Chapter Fourteen: Beginning The Encounter
216 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time in my life, at least as far as I could recall, I found myself part of the focus of a goddess's attention. At the moment Nevermoor was gazing upon us, and that brought a smile to my face. I could sense her power and her curiosity since she was gazing at something she had surely never seen in her own home; a high-elf that wasn't touched or created by her.

Solana herself was capable of detecting the goddess's gaze, due to her species's perpetual connection to the potent goddess. She shivered as she gazed at me, one of her eyes glowing a stark white light and the other a shimmering golden orb, due to her new physiology. The goddess had cursed every single high-elf to be perpetually connected to herself, thus ensuring that every member of her handcrafted servants also posed as a powerful set of eyes and ears for her, an affliction which even Solana was susceptible to, though I could fix that if I wanted. 

I was capable of preternaturally potent empathy and thus could sense the goddess's total shock and curiosity even though she wasn't physically present in the room. I felt her eyes carefully study the high elf I had created, and I also knew that she had no idea that I planned to create even more high elves in the near future. I also sensed her abject curiosity about the process by which I transformed Solana into a high elf, and that was something I would not allow her to know this early in our little game.

My preternatural empathy, along with my immeasurable psychic power, allowed me to sense the distant thoughts of Nevermoor. I heard her arrogant mental voice question her own powers as she gazed at the evolved elf. 

"What is this? Did I do this and somehow forget?" The goddess asked herself, distantly, from the divine dimension she controlled. I listened to her with a soft smile on my face. She could see me, but she could not get a real read on me. In her eyes I was a strange sort of entity, unlike any she had ever seen. 

"And the stranger... I've never seen him before." She wondered, almost aloud. If I wanted too I could reach out across reality and drag her to me, but I was content to not do that at the moment.


I had come to this world for the explicit purpose of corrupting Nevermoor, and to test out my powers. I had tested many of my abilities so far, but not nearly all of them, especially not all of the powers I had given myself through my status as a potent user of the incredibly mighty "Power Architect" power, or powers I possessed through my status as a sort of incredibly powerful "Abnormal". 

The divine presence of Nevermoor was surprisingly potent up close but the goddess was pathetically weak compared to myself as far as things like direct combat power went. I knew that she possessed no threat to myself, or even to any of my minions so long as I was giving them protection. When the goddess made her first move since she arrived, attempting to infuse Solana with her divine energy, I sensed her exertion as she attempted to push her own energies into the newly evolved high elf. 

The energies surged into the high-elf, causing her to begin to radiate a soft pink light, but then left her just as suddenly. The elf was already "full" as far as divine energy went, having been filled with my divine power, and thus was not able to receive any more divine energy. That said, I was enjoying this. I was gaining new powers as a consequence because of Nevermoor, which I was always happy about. 

At the moment, through my unconscious usage of an incredibly powerful abnormal ability named "The End", I was actively copying the abilities that Nevermoor had demonstrated. One such ability was the power to project my senses wherever I wanted without limitations, and the other was the power to possess people and even gain sensory information through them. Nevermoor was sharing her powers with me, even unknowingly, and that was part of why I didn't want to outright erase her. 

One of the more fun facets of "The End" was that I utterly mastered abilities I copied through this power, to the point that I was capable of using them in greater ways than their original users could! With this my abilities had the chance to grow explosively every time I encountered a deity or any other sort of being who possessed powers I didn't. Every time I met someone with any real power I would grow in might through this incredibly fun abnormality. And then the arrogant goddess proceeded to give me yet another power!

"Strangers... Halt." She commanded, projecting her voice into the space we were in. This wasn't some sort of telepathy, she was for all intents and purposes, directly speaking to us, projecting her voice into the room from her divine dimension. I smiled internally while pretending to look shocked and "search" for the source of the voice. Nevertheless, I was now in possession of an especially fun ability that I'd surely be able to use quite mischievously. 

"You are in the presence of your one true queen, the great goddess Nevermoor!" She roared, arrogantly channeling her pride. 

"I, as the sole goddess of this world, demand to understand your machinations," She continued, and I felt her focus turn to me. "You there, strange... human. What are you doing to this elf?" She asked before I feigned a look of sadness and confusion, which I knew would fool anyone who gazed at me. 

"Queen Nevermoor! I am Fohion Ironheart, son of Aegon Ironheart, and I am but a humble admirer of elven beauty." I proclaimed, allowing my supernatural charisma to work its potent powers on her, and as soon as I spoke I felt my words begin to creep towards her heart.


To me, my greatest strengths weren't what others might have thought I'd think my greatest strength would be. Instead of me valuing something like strength or endurance, what I valued was my charisma, my adaptability, and my intelligence and in moments like this, that became clear. 

Every word I spoke was a weighted one, a heavy, sometimes reality-reshaping utterance. Every sight that I saw granted me greater knowledge, and in many cases greater abilities altogether. With every passing second, even beyond the potent power of "Eternal Ascension", I felt myself growing and becoming greater. 

My natural charisma was undeniable, and even the few words I had spoken to the goddess had had an effect on her. I was flattering her, indirectly, while also cleverly not directly saying anything about her but instead focusing on her creations. If I ever felt like losing my subtlety I could directly channel my overwhelming true beauty. 

One move I could use was to just unveil my true form. If I opted to unleash my true form then even a goddess would fall to her knees while exalting my beauty, but I was having fun doing things this way. I wanted to slowly take my time and entertain myself. 

Another move I could do was to use "Alibi Lock", one of my "Not Equal" abilities, and in doing so teleport to her divine realm. While there I could defeat her with a range of powers if I felt like being unsubtle and speedily acquiring victory. Of course, this wasn't about efficiency, it was about having fun. What mattered the most to me wasn't the advancement of anything as simple as evil, it was my own entertainment. 

I could always use "Emanation" to make the powerful goddess lay her eyes on my true beauty without unleashing it against anyone else. If I did that I'd be able to select a way that my true beauty radiated out of me, such as in colors that were as beautiful as I was, causing people to fall in love with me with a glance, or sounds that were so pleasant to hear that they induced a powerful addiction. "Emanation" was a strange power, but a grand one that allowed me to do something important; illustrate to the world that I was as mighty as I said I was. 

If you asked me this world was fun. I wasn't even utilizing the power I had just copied from the goddess and yet I was keenly aware of how sinful this planet was. I could hear all sorts of sexual behaviors going on throughout the city, not to mention all sorts of other sins occurring at the same time. I wanted to take my time and turn this city into my personal den of iniquity. And doing that right meant that I took my time.


Meanwhile, the goddess herself felt flattered by my words. I could feel how pleased she was, and while she was mentally stroking her ego I stealthily activated one of the potent powers I had, unknown to her, taken from her; I spread my senses throughout the world. 

Nevermoor, as this universe's creator, was able to spread her senses throughout the planet to gain a sort of limited omniscience. It was a potent power that she did not use correctly, something that I knew since I was an impossibly powerful telepathy whose mind-reading was so powerful that one didn't need to be in my presence for me to be able to read their minds. I had entered her mind with ease and when in there I had decided to make copies of her memories, which I did with supreme, almost unsettling ease. 

The more important thing that I did, though, was spread my senses to every corner of the world. As I did I felt my knowledge, and even my number of powers, growing by truly absurd leaps and bounds. 

I laid my eyes on dragons, spirits, leviathans, countries of elves, countries of humans, demons in the midst of launching attacks on all sorts of creatures, dwarves creating vast cities deep underground, and even more strange sights. I also gained an awareness of my distant "family", who were based hundreds of miles away from my current location, and that was an especially interesting revelation since they had a number of followers and servants who were like me, in that they possessed "Specials", "Abnormals", "Minuses", and "Not Equals".

I felt my potent stores of powers increasing as my mind absorbed the knowledge it was gaining, and that gave me even more reason to stay here. That said, I didn't need to stay just here, in this one destination, if I didn't want to. I had a number of powers at my disposal that allowed me to be in multiple places at once.


While I was dealing with the goddess of this universe I was also busy doing something else. In the very same field in Northos where I had previously appeared and taken my first steps towards world-conquest a solitary clone of my appeared abruptly with a proud grin on his face. The clone immediately began to emanate his senses around the area, and then silently spread his senses further still, allowing him, and me, to gain true but not quite unlimited omniscience that was, for now anyway, limited to the world. 

The limited omniscience he possessed caused my eyes to subtly widen as I gained even more knowledge and power. As my senses spread all over the world of Northos, I felt myself becoming aware of a true avalanche of information, and in doing so gain a fascinating litany of abilities ranging from the supernatural traits of creatures like elves and dryads to more potent abilities such as the incredible magic of archmages throughout Northos who either hoarded power for themselves or worked for various, powerful organizations. 

Beyond that, though, I also gained awareness of a fascinating secret; the existence of portals to other worlds throughout Northos. Portals that I could tell with but a glance led to places like Mareth, the homeworld of the business-minded goblin named Tamani. One such portal was located in the depths of Castle Spree, and it had previously been the only such portal that I knew existed but now I was armed with the knowledge that there were others throughout Northos. That meant that the quicker I conquered Northos the quicker I could spread throughout the omniverse! 

My clone immediately took action, turning and gazing at the node that I had previously created which led back to the Netherworld. He glanced at the thing and with but a thought he began to call forth an army of potent, skilled minions. The savage, infected, and infectious creatures began to leap out of places known as "burrow holes" which were portals that appeared next to the grand portal that was at the heart of each of the nodes I created.

One "burrow hole" existed for each of the four kinds of minions in existence in each node, and as the minions were spewed out of each hole they eagerly cried out for their master, ready to devote themselves to my will and to spread the potent disease that had infected them. It was time to continue my conquest of Northos, and to spread further still, like an infectious disease in an unprepared world. I was more eager than ever to take over all of Northos.

7