Chapter Twenty: Worlds & Remotes
154 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had four bodies active in three separate worlds and each of the bodies was providing me with an array of sensory stimuli. Two bodies were in the world of Northos, one was in the world of Mareth, and one was in the world created by Nevermoor. 

In every case, my senses extended across the entire planet that my bodies were occupying. No uttered word or secretive action escaped my notice, be it the astounding lust of minotaurs in the mountains of Mareth or the silent prayers of high elves in Nevermoor's world. I was aware of everything occurring on all three planets and that sort of absolute knowledge was easily capable of filling me with arrogance. Internally, however, my decisions to gain countless new powers and physiologies were having other effects on me. 

I was overflowing with power due to the intersection of two powerful things; my new physiologies and how incredibly sinful the three worlds I was in were. My new nature as a sort of almost omnipotent archdemon was highly synergistic with how depraved all three worlds I had bodies inside of were. As an archdemon who had influence over all eight of the deadly sins, everything from hopelessness to lust would fill me with small amounts of power and a sort of energy that now nestled itself within my soul. 

The five greatest fonts of new power to me at the moment were my natures as a sanguinarch, archdemon, dragon lord, cosmic god, and grand adonis. The creativity of the people of my birth-Earth was now directly empowering me and thanks to them I was already growing even before I actually used the cosmic remote that I now possessed.


In the depths of Castle Spree, one of "me" held the remote in my hand. The simple-looking device was a living, sapient tool that was delighted to serve me and had already empowered me in extremely real ways by connecting me to Earth, and yet it was promising me even greater power.

"I possess the power to function as something akin to a vastly powerful conjuring wand. With me, you can do things like creating portals to other worlds and calling to specific people from other universes." The remote explained unaware of the fact that I already knew this. I understood how the device worked, including its ability to summon all sorts of powerful heroines and villainesses from cartoons and other animated series throughout Earth. 

The image the device was projecting began to change. Instead of showing me different worlds, from the world of the two "Avatar" cartoon series to the galaxy in which Star Wars took place, the images began to be of various animated heroines and villainesses. Powerful monarchs and other royals began to appear in the light of the remote, from Azula to the mighty and feared Queen Grimhilde. And not just villainesses appeared in the light of the remote either. 

I began to see some of the most famous heroines in all of fiction appear in the light of the remote. Ariel, Wonder Woman, and Storm were all also visible in the light projected by the remote. Heroines and villainesses alike were at my fingertips. 

"There is an extensive catalog of heroines and villainesses you can call upon by using me as a wand, a conduit for conjuration magic. All it takes is for you to want to summon them. And what's more..." The remote teased, even as the images of the women on display began to change and as a series of menus were revealed beneath the images of the women I could call to my side. 

"If you summon Princess Azula you could learn how to firebend! And that's just the beginning..." The remote whispered, and underneath each of the dozens of images of various powerful characters I could call to my side details of their powers and the powers I could learn from them began to appear. 

Most of the powers on display were powers that I already possessed. Some of them included things like a Kryptonian's physiology, or immense power over magic though that one was covered by me due to me having "Metamagnus", a Living God power that granted me immense power over magic. Though not every gift it offered me consisted of something I already had, which was quite exciting.

Some of the later entries in the extensive catalog offered by the remote control were not animated and they tended to be the more interesting options. Options on that part of the list included villainesses from very popular series, such as Cersei from the Game of Thrones series and Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. That said the majority of options on the list were cartoon characters.

"The women you can summon to your side will see your true self and thus fall in love with you. They will be among the rare few who get to see the true face of a Living God, an embodiment of beauty and love, and thus their old alignments and goals will... Well, they won't not matter, but they'll matter less. In loving you even sworn enemies can be brought together." The remote was revealed, and I could again hear the smug smile in its voice.

"If you use me you can empower me and allow me to draw forth even more characters from throughout the omniverse. In time I may even be able to summon people from the Earth of your birth and my creation, but such a day is surely far off in the future." The remote explained, while attempting to entice me into using it.

"As a final, preliminary gift to you... Allow me to imbed myself in your inventory." The object uttered before I could feel my inventory or rather my inventories suddenly gain a new item; copies of the remote control. 


In the area just outside of the portal leading to and from the world of Northos, one of my bodies studied my surroundings. I was inside of an ancient and decently sized forest, under a vast and dense canopy of gigantic trees that shaded me from the stark and cruel sun of Mareth. Nevertheless, the few bits of sunlight that penetrated the canopy and reached me infused my body with potent energy. 

I was now something akin to an ultra-charged Kryptonian, one who possessed all of the powers of that vastly mighty race with none of their weaknesses. Because of that reality, every single bit of sunlight that touched my skin caused me to fill with potent power, though I was admittedly less empowered by the rays of the sun than I was by sin or instances of my domains occurring throughout the three worlds that I was occupying. 

Due to me possessing such vast power, in a dozen different ways, I was able to study my surroundings in the briefest of instants. The next instant I immediately began to work, all while mentally continuing to study the menus that the remote control had filled my mind's eye with. The astounding array of potential allies I could summon was no joke, and neither were the new abilities I had given myself. 

I was actively and busily working on making the area around the portal that I had used to break into Mareth a safer place for me to stay. To do that I utilized the new powers I possessed as an ascendant being and as a pinnacle-power-haver to create a series of structures around the portal itself. I was able to do this nearly instantly due to my speed, and my nature as a Living Image type Living God that would alter reality with a thought and with the slightest mental push. 

The "Modes of Transcendence" I possessed were in some ways my greatest powers to date. Each of them was a powerful ability-giver and they were all linked to my mightiest powers; those I had by virtue of my nature as a Living God. By attaining more "Modes of Transcendence" I'd be able to gain more "Master Spark" powers, powers on the level of "Ex Nihilo" my strongest and greatest power; the power to erase anything with but a thought. If I attained all eight of the remaining modes even "Worldmind", itself my source of knowledge regarding the modes I possessed, wasn't able to tell me what I'd be able to do.


The scene in the depths of the woods surrounding one of the few two-way portals leading in and out of Mareth was an impressive one. The young Living God who had confidently strode into the depths of Castle Spree and then into the area not far from the beating heart of Mareth's oldest wooded area was brilliantly active as he terraformed the area he intended to make into his first home in this strange world. 

He utilized an array of abilities to clear the area immediately surrounding the portal of any sort of hindrances. These hindrances ranged from unnecessary lifeforms such as insects and arachnids to tree stumps and other natural debris. The powers he utilized to do this were largely just isolated usages of "Ex Nihilo" the targeted objects and lifeforms turning to dust and promptly proceeding to blow away a second later, sent out of sight by a potent and magically conjured breeze that filled the air with the scent of vanilla. 

The area around the portal swiftly began to be surrounded by an array of tiny huts, each of which was large enough for a creature of Fohion's size to slip inside of it and then creep underground where the divinity's powers were effortlessly carving out a larger number of habitations fitter for people to be living inside of them. These subterranean rooms were quickly outfitted with a divinely made bed and other elegant furniture that was quite appropriate for those who'd be living underground. 

At the same time, Fohion looked at the edge of where he had just constructed a number of huts and pointed at a clearing with his armored hand. The very instant that he did that the ground where he pointed violently erupted and a massive nether gate, complete with a number of tiny minion portals surrounding it surged out of the ground. The dark-looking thing was crafted by skilled minion hands and served as a potent portal to the netherworld, further connecting the world of Northos with Mareth. 

"Excellent sire! With this, your minions will be able to explore and conquer this part of the omniverse." Gnarl told the dark overlord he served, his raspy voice whispering directly into the mighty being's mind. Soon enough minions did indeed begin to surge out of the tiny portals that appeared beside the gate, armored and eager to be of service to their dark master. 

The minions all looked like variously hued orcs, and they were fully outfitted in ornate, skillfully crafted weapons and armor. As they dashed out of the portals they studied their surroundings and quickly divided themselves up so that they could protect and staff this little forward outpost from any of the nearby woodland monsters that freely stalked these lands. Fohion watched this with an impressed smile, and slightly rose his estimation of the overall skills and intellect of the Blacklight infected minions under his command.

And elsewhere, two of the three total bodies of his that were in spaces other than his warehouse, readied themselves. Big events were occurring around them and if they sought to advance themselves they'd need to be fully prepared.

In Northos he was preparing himself to finish off the werewolves and the enemies that were busily approaching him, while in the world made by Nevermoor she was still talking his ear off but she was drawing to a close. In time he'd need to act on two wholly different fronts to best advance his machinations.

The young godling was determined to be ready. Fortunately, he was more ready than he had ever felt due to his new powers and newest toy.

2