Chapter Twenty Three: Minds And Remotes
118 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the moments between the creation of the strange humans and the summoning of Bellatrix Lestrange, the quiet divinity responsible for so much change had a moment all to himself. He stood over the silent, naked humans and gazed down at them.

They were among the very first lifeforms that he had personally created, though they were far from the only lifeforms who owed their existences to him. His demonic horde was still rampaging across the outskirts of the world created by Nevermoor after all. Nevertheless, as he gazed at the pair he felt a cross of possessive pride and fatherly joy stir within his heart. The humans were both beautiful, and their muscular and curvy forms were appealing to anyone who was attracted to humans. 

The male was bald and his body was as strong as a peak human's could be. On the other hand, the woman had a vibrant stock of bright red hair atop her head. Her skills lay in magic and in spiritualism, and she came to life possessing a full repertoire of magical spells as well as limitless magical energy with which to wield her immense knowledge of witchcraft. 

Both humans were still as their minds filled with information and memories. They knew the memories weren't theirs but were instead showcases of the various skills, spells, and abilities that they possessed which were immediately being absorbed to facilitate easy usage themselves. These memories weren't confusing to the humans themselves as their minds were protected by a minor filter put in place by their creator's various powers intersecting to make this sort of downloaded knowledge safe for them to benefit from. 

Their master even gave them special gifts in the form of their very own "Powerpedias" to keep track of their powers, and gave them nerfed versions of his own mighty power known as "Power Matrix" which in time would allow them to truly master even the simplest spell or the mightiest abilities they'd earn. The fused capabilities of "Powerpedia" and "Power Matrix" were frighteningly high and if the two humans had chances to explore their true might they'd be very likely to discover that themselves. 

The vampiric god's final gifts to them were stranger than his first had been. He infected them with the mighty disease which itself played a significant role in his meteoric acquisition of power; Blacklight. This marked the very first time since he had acquired a plethora of new powers that he infected someone with the highly infectious disease, and upon doing so he himself was almost brought to his knees as his mind was rocked by new sensations due to his powers intersecting and building on one another.


The very instant that I infected my two servitors with Blacklight my mind was rocked by new and strange sensations. As quickly as these sensations occurred I understood their causes and made sense of them due to my enhanced intellect and my innate understanding of my powers. 

In an impressive display of self-control, I wasn't brought to my knees by the information embedding itself in my mind. The mental overload was quite significant, but didn't quite tax me enough to force me to my knees. And as my conscious mind began to sift through a variety of newfound information I discovered several things all at once. 

The first thing I discovered was that it should have been impossible for me to do what I did with the Blacklight virus whenever I casually created evolved beings, elevating lifeforms into potent and skilled "Evolved" who were loyal to me. I also discovered the exact mechanism which allowed me to defy that; I was unconsciously sharing more than Blacklight whenever I did that. I was also sharing a potent power I possessed named "Superhuman Desire" through a mixture of powers synergizing without my conscious awareness and correcting an otherwise almost assuredly fatal problem. 

"Superhuman Desire" was a powerful superpower I possessed via my nature as a "Special" that allowed anyone who possessed it to endure any sort of operation or alteration that could empower them even if normally it was almost guaranteed to kill them. The truth was that what I had been doing with Blacklight had a failure rate of over 99.99% and only succeeded in creating any sort of "Evolved" beings less than 0.01% of the time under other circumstances. My powers as a Special and a Living God were able to correct that and instead guaranteed that I could transform anyone into any sort of Blacklight being in unprecedented numbers, which was devastatingly powerful. 

That also wasn't the only thing I was rapidly becoming aware of. Due to my newfound nature as both a Sanguinarch, a powerful vampiric equivalent of a god, I had also gained the traits and perks of countless kinds of vampires, including some breeds of vampires linked to contagions, and various other kinds of undead beings such as zombies, liches, ghosts, and skeletons.

One such breed of vampires were known as "Ravenous" vampires, and they were a truly mighty sort of vampire. Their powers were linked to hunger and disease and by taking their powers into myself my own powers over gluttony and despair, the secretive and eighth deadly sin, underwent a considerable boost. 

With the powers I attained due to my newfound nature as a Sanguinarch I spent a few moments reexamining the countless mental theaters that existed in my mind's eye. I allowed myself to explore not only Mareth but also the other worlds I existed in, even while the majority of my mind was focused on something else altogether; the powerful remote I possessed. It was the artifact that was responsible for my greatest transformation to date after all, it only made sense that I wanted to master it fully and unlock its full potential.


I mentally explored the three worlds I existed on with a disconcerting amount of ease. I was now holistically stronger and better able to make sense of the world around me due to the staggering changes that had occurred to my soul. 

When I utilized my invisible eyes to study the worlds I was in, I was able to see and make sense of all things that caused diseases. I was able to visually identify pathogens, be they worms that naturally spread diseases, vectors such as mosquitos carrying pathogens that would sicken those they bit, or even eldritch spells that transmitted vicious plagues to those they struck as a sort of non-organic vector that when able to sicken someone could cause the growth of deadly pathogens within them. 

More than that though, my psychometric abilities had been refined and altered by my newfound powers over diseases and now they more keenly focused on and unconsciously picked out information related to whenever someone had been sick. This allowed me to more efficiently make mental notes of how someone reacted to sickness, which was highly synergistic with powers such as my power over fear and despair.

With all of that in mind though, there were other things occurring within me as all of my powers mixed and mingled. I felt my inner spark, my essence, which was also the very font from which my power spilled forth, grow ever hotter as it also twisted and became darker. My equivalent to a soul turned and burned inside of me and I felt my connection to things like darkness, disease, and more growing ever firmer and more solid. It was darkly exciting, though at the same time I was pleasantly delighted to notice that none of this weakened any other aspects of myself. 

I silently, invisibly watched countless creatures go about their business. As I watched them I ruminated on the changes occurring within me, from listening to the melodic whispers of an internal chorus of voices that whispered things about my immediate surroundings to me, to the new mental theaters opening up in my mind's eye that showed me strange visions of things I could see in what I immediately assumed were often either metaphorical states or visions of the future. 

I physically felt my brain rewiring as powers I possessed paired up and spontaneously mutated. I could sense a strange phenomenon occurring in my mind's eye and before I knew it I found my whole mind possessing another, lesser stream of consciousness! This new stream of consciousness, a mind in its own rite, was less creative and intuitive than my true mind was but it was hyper fixated on one thing; quantitative information. 

It was a full thought-stream as vibrant as my own but it was focused on studying the worlds around me in quantitative ways, picking up things such as how many people were in any singular mental theater or the exact number of sheep in any one world. This thought-stream was relentless in its observations of the world and through it, I began to be able to far more speedily do things such as read through the countless entries in the menu detailing people I could summon. 

This secondary train of thought was so potent and so unbelievably fast at its simplistic task that faster than I could turn thoughts into something as articulate as words I was done reading through all of the entries available to the remote. I took a single deep breath as I felt the newfound knowledge coursing through my mind. 

In the depths of my mind the knowledge I now consciously possessed began to arrange itself into neat little boxes in the figurative spaces "between" the countless mental theaters that filled my mind's eye. All of this information was known to me but it was sorted for the sake of allowing me to share the information in question with anyone else through a litany of powers that I possessed. 

The knowledge that filled my brain through my second thought-stream also allowed me to make what was, for me anyway, a sudden and snap decision; I was going to go ahead and summon someone using the powerful remote in my hand. The powers of the remote would only grow if I actually used the thing and using it thoughtfully would be challenging but I wanted to give it a try. 

I was mentally armed with information on a truly vast array of potential servants to summon from across the cosmos, information that was often quite detailed and informative even if it wasn't meant to be. Plus the information I possessed was also boasted by out-of-context knowledge I had of the people I could summon from scouring the internet earlier today, though I knew better than to mindlessly trust that information. Nevertheless, the information I possessed led me to believe that there were a number of potential servants that I could call upon who'd be better suited to my needs than others.

It only took me a second to settle on one of the more infamous Harry Potter villains Bellatrix Lestrange due to my own divine mastery of magic meshing well with her personality and particular fixations. When I settled on my choice the actual summoning process was quite easy; all it took was for me to make the menu in my mind's eye be centered on Bellatrix's entry and for me to press one of the buttons on the remote.

The very instant that I did that I felt the remote whirl to life in my hand, beginning to shake and glow for the swiftest of moments. Ir only lasted a split second though, and almost as quickly as it began to vibrate in my hand it stopped and I saw Bellatrix appear in the cosmic void in which my true form resided. 

For the next few moments, I chuckled and waited impatiently before Bellatrix would begin to speak and have her own mini meet-cute with my truest self. The moments turned to minutes as we interacted in my void, and Mareth's moon began to creep out from under the horizon in the distance. Night was beginning to fall!

When the meet-cute was over a spell circle began to appear on the floor in front of me, composed of brilliant and dark eldritch energies. The magic circle faded and in its place emerged a silhouette in the shape of a shapely human woman. I began to smile triumphantly as Bellatrix herself began to slowly gain a new body composed of my own potent magicks mixing with the arcane energy of the mighty artifact in my hand. I couldn't wait to begin to set Bellatrix to work for me, and to allow her to taste true power!

2