Prologue
1.3k 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in my early 30s turned 32 not that long ago.

My life was, to say the least, not unlike anything bad yet neither one would call it disastrous – just average. It was as typical a life that anyone could imagine: a nice-paying job, reliable colleagues with very occasional deadbeat, and a couple of friends who shares a common hobby. 

Many would agree to such circumstance as nothing short of fulfilling. Not to mention few were the problems I had trouble with, but not something that I couldn’t fix. It didn't occur to me at any point that it was too late to find a significant other should I decide to pursue it, a man on his prime that I was with a lot of money stashed under his belt. It wouldn't be a stretch to say there were no caveats on my part. The only problem was that I seemingly couldn’t muster the energy to do so.

It’s not like I was uninterested in the opposite sex or anything, far from it actually. But when it came to commitment, I couldn’t see myself putting in the effort, so any relationship I’d get into was likely doomed to fail. That said, I wasn’t interested in half-hearting it either, being the reason why I was still find myself single even now. At least, from what I see. 

But this is beside the point. 

My life was too perfect. Too plain. Too boring. If I was going to pass away now, the instant regret in my mind would be the lack of spice – anything exciting I could be proud of, really. I never stepped outside of my comfort zone, too afraid to step outside the rose laden path in front of me. Stuck in my own world, I was trapped in a loop that I have set up myself, repeating the same routine over and over.

Come to think of it now, have I not been living a meaningless life then? 

“Huh...” I mumbled. 

No. I don’t think it was always the case. I had aspirations, big dreams and expectations I wanted to accomplish. Since when have those began to fizzle out? 

It started to rain. 

The sound of raindrops pitter-pattering on the roof of the bus stop started to pick up its pace as it quickly intensified, drowning the sound of everything else in its relaxing cacophony. I could no longer focus on thinking as I looked towards the dimming sky. 

Perhaps it would be better off if I hold onto my thoughts for another day... 

But then, as soon as I retracted my gaze, a stream of light instantly flooded my eyes, blinding me to do anything for a moment. I heard a distinct sound hammering into my eardrums, as if trying to motion me away, yet it seemed as though my feet was nailed fixed to the ground. My body refused to respond to every command my brain yelled out.  

In a split moment of clarity, the fast-approaching figure finally resolved itself for me to recognize, but it was already too late at that point. 

“What the fu–” 

My words got cut off under the roaring of the impact, squashing my body in no time flat. 

I swear... 

It was a damned truck. 

 

Get it? Final stop? Clever, I know. No need to praise me that much.

Should I (regarding the mc)...
  • ...go for a yuri relationship. Votes: 23 35.9%
  • ...go for a straight relationship. Votes: 41 64.1%
Total voters: 64 · This poll was closed on Jan 4, 2022 05:49 PM.
26