Side Chapter 2(Future timeline): Strategy and fight
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How is this meant to help me in combat" Crystal and Lee sat at a chess table, Lee was winning, both due to his pieces positions and with a material advantage

"If you can't even lead troops in this, how do you tend to lead an actual army?" They both knew this idea was a good, and equally stupid one

"B-But we're not in the medieval era! We don't use any of this!" Crystal put her head on the table, scratching the top of her head in agitation

"Hey, let's just get this over with, there's no point in complaining, how about this, if you win, or last 14 more turns, I'll buy you anything you want, how about it?" Crystal took awhile to think about it, she soon extended her hand, shaking his after a little bit of time past and Lee noticed it.

"Alright, let's do this!" Crystal had a sudden outburst of energy and a will to win.

"The hell is going on in here" Kenneth stood outside the door, mostly confused and worried, after all, Lee can be competitive at times, we could only imagine the two of them together, playing a very hard game, there was bound to be shouting soon, it really was only a matter of time, and a short amount of time too.

"That's just how they are though" Sam stood near Kenneth "It's nice to see them like this sometimes though, it's nice to be reminded that they can be stupid as well" T-...That wasn't what they were even talking about

"I...I don't think that's related whatsoever" Sam shrugged off Kenneth's words

"Yeah yeah, it's fine, you get the just of it" The two watched the battle from the hallway, and whenever possible, got farther so they wouldn't have their ears destroyed as the shouting matches begin, but it seems like that didn't come. 

"I GOT YOU!" A loud smash filled the room, the two refocused their attentions onto the room, Crystal slammed down her knight, from where Sam and Kenneth were standing, Crystal had clearly won the battle of wits and perseverance

"Tsk Tsk, should've gone for the 14 turns one" He moved a pawn forward, turning it into a knight, Crystal's king was checked

"Damn it" Crystal sounded defeated, the board looked as though she lost, but she didn't give up, she moved her king into a position where it would take two turns to get the knight in position for a check, Lee moved his knight, trying to check Crystal's king, Crystal, however, moved her knight closer to Lee's king, checking him "Now you can't move!" Lee moved his king away, making it so, just like what Crystal did, it would take 2 turns. 

"I don't know how to play chess, I have no clue what's happening" Sam was cheering them on, even if she was clueless on how to play. Crystal almost moved her king to take the knight that Lee moved earlier, but right before she did she noticed it, the bishop in the bottom corner, she was surrounded with pieces, this situation wasn't a good one to be in, if she moved wrongly, she'd get checkmate

"I think cheering them on it good enough" Kenneth reassured Sam. Most of the game was a blur, and in the end it resulted in a draw, there was nothing either of them could do, and so they settled it in a different manner.

"Oh What the hell" Nicholai questioned the two as their swords clashed mid-air "Wasn't the whole point of doing chess was to do it in a civil manner?"

"Well, dueling was civil back then" Nicholai was going to rebuttal against Lee's point but then thought more about it, to be fair, he did have a point, there was a ton of rules for dueling as well, but I mean, since this version of Eaxura allowed sparring and resurrection, there was no need for rules, but there were some, not like they paid attention to it though.

Lee's sword dehined and fired at Crystal, she deflected the shot with her duel swords, she bit her thumb and sent a spear at Lee, which ultimately ended up breaking the floor tiles near him, as he moved out of the way. Lee was able to deploy a mist on the field, and at random intervals, strikes Crystal, not enough to cut her badly though, it was clear what he was doing, create a reality where using brute force isn't an option, and focus on the brain and using yours to the full extent. 

It took a while of being slashed at to notice, the mist was made of something flammable, just the smell was enough to know that. She dodged Lee's attack as he could barely be seen through the mist. but still could if you tried enough, she changed her swords into a rifle and fired a shot, causing the place to burn. The mist cleared and before Crystal knew it, she was chained, the chains had a purple tint to them, it was clear that the person who did it was Lee. He stood in front of her,

"Never, ever go for the most obvious answer unless it's truly the best, it may just be a trap" Crystal looked mad at Lee's comment and taunting, but, that was what Crystal just thought, Lee meant it in a sincere and training manner, he wasn't much better when he delved into corrupted magic or other terms of power, so who was he to judge if they failed or not.

"What happened here!?" A panicked voice sounded off behind Lee and Crystal, Lee desummoned the chains and grabbed Crystal's hand

"Let's get out of here!" The two started running away as Kenneth, Sam, and Nicholai only just watched in the distance as they were chased, to be fair though, it is funny to see three small dots chassing after each other.

Eventually the two were caught and brought to Raymond

"Don't you know how much that place and gear costs? And you burned the place nonetheless" Raymond started to scold them.

"Well, being fair, I remember seeing a way for magic to not damage the place" Raymond looked at Crystal

"And did you turn it on?" Silence filled the air, no, in actuallity, what filled the air was regret and disapointment for each other "I'll take it as a no" 

The two kept getting scolded about almost everything they did today even if it was a miniscule thing, I guess they really should've focused and paid attention, clearly no amount of watching will actually translate to knowledge, then again all they literally had to do was press a button...so yeah.

"Hey Sam, I've never seen you actually fight recently" He summoned his spear "Wanna give it a go" Sam was going to mention the button, but Kenneth already had it covered "I already pressed the button, our magic will not destroy the place anymore, so give it your all. 

Kenneth jabbed at Sam with no warning, causing her to slide back a bit after blocking. She changed her daggers into pistols and began firing at Kenneth, he spun his Spear around blocking all shots but one, that one shot hit his shoulder, causing him to stop spinning his spear, giving Sam a chance to charge at him without retaliation. trying to trick him, she goes from charging right to charging left, and yet she threw one of her daggers as it was given a serrated edge, it soon hooked onto Kenneth, she janked it back, tripping Kenneth over. Kenneth ragained his posture and stance using his spear to stop him from falling onto the floor, with Sam's speed, that was the last thing you would want, he would have to be standing up at mostly every second. 

Kenneth jumped back, turning his spear into a bow, he loaded a rectangle like box onto the side, every shot fired seemed to fire something relating to ice, Sam only got hit by one being slightly slowed, regardless Sam caught up to Kenneth, kicking his arm to force the drop of his bow, Kenneth though, managed to keep his grip on the bow, and spun around, hitting Sam in the stomach area

"You're fast but you have no strategy, if you wanna be second in command, then you gotta plan for it!" Kenneth charged Sam, he put in a different cartridge and shot the floor, a fire wall appeared. At first on Sam's end there was nothing, the only thing standing there was the fire wall, but the silence didn't last, soon arrows came flying through, being lit on fire as it went through the wall, soon she began to realize that some have fuzes, meaning they're explosive, as more arrows came through she grabbed one, ignoring the pain of heat she was feeling, and threw it back at Kenneth, the arrows stopped coming over and many different explosions went off behind both behind Sam and behind Kenneth. 

Sam turned her swords into a sniper and began to fire into the wall, at first Kenneth dodged them perfectly fine, but soon it seemed like they were homing on to him, even if he got near the wall it only followed him, whatever it was homing onto must've been related to the team-links

"so we're playing that way huh?" Kenneth, using the team-link, teleported infront of Sam and striked down at her with his spear, only to be met with a fake "Huh!" Kenneth then got shot in the side of his chest, he felt too tired to fight any longer

"You know, you were telling me about thinking, yet you didn't realize how much energy you were using yourself" She twirled one of her daggers on her finger, and her voice gave off a taunty aura

"I'll give you this one" Sam helped Kenneth stand "When did you learn to create fakes?" In response to Kenneth's queary, she took out a small box, and with her other hand, bit her thumb, the blood went into the box, Sam then threw the box on the floor and a slightly motionable Sam appeared "Ah, nice diversion" Taking a guess that you couldn't rebox it, he destroyed it 

"Let's go meet up with the others you two" Nicholai redirected both Sam and Kenneth to Lee and Crystal's location "Hopefully they didn't break anything else"

0