Vol 2 Ch 15 (Lee): Overdue Explanation
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of a heart monitor...It was faint, but brought back so many memories. I opened my heavy eyes, I wanted to sleep just a bit more. I noticed something on my finger...oh right, I've had this on when I was in the hospital, it's for my heartbeat...I always hated it, it felt like my circulation was cutting off...yet, this one wasn't, guess someone competent put it on for once. Nicholai sat beside me, reading a book...the one Kenneth read when we were younger.

"What are you doing here?" It was surprising, I expected Kenneth or Sam.

"Remember last time? When we were human? You ripped out your medicine, I'm not gonna let that happen again." I guess she had a point. I sat up in my bed, leaning against the little wall it had. We sat in silence mostly, the only noise being the heart rate monitor beeping at the same interval, changing slightly only when I moved a bit, the only other noise was inconsistent, the pages turning on Nicholai's book.

"Hey" I spoke quietly.

"Yeah?" She stopped reading and looked up.

"Do you remember that illness Sam had?" Nicholai sighed and stood up from her chair, setting the book down.

"Listen Lee, if you're thinking it's your fault that happened, then I don't know what to tell you."

"No, no...it's just...nevermind" I thought back to my guitar...thinking about it now, when did she learn...and by who? She was in a hospital for most of her life...yet when she came out of it, when she recovered, she knew guitar and joined me in playing music the second she found out.

"Well, as long as you're not blaming yourself...you know, if I was to join this band coming together again I'd have to get another electric piano." She said it like it was no big deal, I expected she would decline and I'd have to convince her to join...but this was better.

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard, I think I still remember how to make costumes as well."

"Right, I forget you have a talent other than writing in a journal"

"Well, it's not like it mattered too much" Talent...that word felt made me feel a bit queasy. "Anyways, how about we go look for a piano now? That job came through as a success for some reason, and I'm not one to just save money forever"

"That'd imply I didn't get money"

"Ahh...yeah, still, there has to be at least one music store"

"Ah hem" She looked at me, then the heart monitor.

"I'm fine~" Nicholai crossed her arms "Nicholai...I know I'm not the strongest being in the world, but I'm not weak either. How about I walk with a cane, would th-

"You already have a cane." eh? "You were injured before remember?...but, if you have enough strength to continue arguing with me, then...I guess"

"Wow, us hanging out together on our own will, who would've thought." I peeled off the sticker thing around my finger.

"Who would've" She grabbed her book and made it vanish. "Come on then, before anyone realizes you disconnected yourself.

"Don't worry, I'll just teleport"

"oh no...you learned how to travel dimensions didn't you"

"Not that hard actually, I don't know why they didn't just tell us before." I sat up and stretched around. I hadn't been out for long from the looks of it. "You know, we may be able to find your piano, your original one? After all, I have my hat, my headband...and I think I've seen my electric guitar before."

"How'd you tell it was yours" Both of us walked out of my room.

"Mine has a certain engraving. L.N.K.S"

"Our names...why is mine second?"

"It sounds better, L.N.K.S, Links?"

"It does sound like that huh? Clever actually" We continued walking out of the place, it was a full blown hospital...yet, for a species that's protecting humans, I don't see a single one here. "So, in your opinion, where should we search first"

"Well, let's look in the place I saw my guitar first" We were out the door. And from the looks of it, in the center of Eaxura, made sense I guess...this place was pretty massive...five hundred million people lived here...it would have to be huge. But, not big enough where you needed a car, surprisingly. It's been awhile since I saw the morning of Eaxura, the sun was just rising, and a orange hue took over the sky.

"Well, let's get to it then." Nicholai let me lead the way, which of course, I did. It was a peaceful walk through the streets, yet, me and Nicholai didn't have anything to talk about...the only reason we know each other is because of Kenneth...it was really awkward. Sadly, we had to make conversation when we came up to a red light, you think we'd just teleport...yet I didn't wanna swing my sword around when hundreds of people are walking about. "So...how have you been so far" Nicholai started it off.

"A bit terrible...I keep having these dreams and I keep learning all this random stuff and I don't know why I'm being told it, nor do I understand why they kept it from me" Using my left arm I grabbed my right, trying to give myself some comfort. I took a breath, all of this as been tiring, I'm glad we're getting time off. "How about you?"

"Well, I can't say things are good, but they're not bad, healing you guys has a lot of strain on my mind, and you, you especially, make it annoying to go through with your recklessness." The cars in front started slowing down, they probably memorized the stop lights changing by now, or their huds are showing it. Nicholai noticed it as well, adjusting her outfit, she was wearing casual clothing which made me realize I still wore my DT Uniform...well, I should've changed...I can still do that right?...how did it go again...I thought of the clothing I wanted, then did a little spin, at the end of it I snapped my fingers and I felt my clothing change, it worked...I guess. "Well...do you..." It wasn't anything stylish, just a hoodie and sweatpants. The light turned green...yet for a split second it looked like it was purple, I immediately felt near my right eye, it felt normal, besides for the feeling of unease. "Lee!" Nicholai was looking back at me as she was crossing the road...and she called me reckless.

"My bad" I looked at both sides by instinct and ran over to the other side. The building we were closest to was this giant building, probably holding multiple offices in it...probably a lot more peaceful than being a DT...that still confused me, I heard the fighters were the ones called DTs, yet we're not human, and everyone can dimension hop, so aren't we all DTs?...I...don't know anymore.

"You gonna zone out every five seconds?" Nicholai nudged my shoulder. "Come on, it's already been awhile, for all we know it's gone."

"Don't worry, it's right here" I walked up to the store I saw before, it was a few seconds so I couldn't see it well, but it was clearly the place.

"Well, you first" She stood beside the door, gesturing a hand to go in. I walked through the door, causing a bell to chime.

"Greetings! How are you today!?" The girl at the counter was really hyper, I think she beat Sam...no, no one can really beat her when she's actually hyper.

"Yeah, there's this guitar that was here" I looked around and saw it on a display case. "That one" 

"Ahh! Alrighty then" She went to go grab it, I heard Nicholai shuffling behind me, when I looked she was around the electric pianos.

"Tsk, I don't think it's here" She sounded annoyed, I guess she did actually care about her instrument, either that, or she's annoyed because this trip will take longer.

"Just give it a second, I'll help you find it" I looked back at the counter, the girl before set the guitar on it, thankfully, she set it down gently, making sure none of the strings got caught on anything.

"This is one hell of an electric guitar. Engravings, some of the best strings, whoever had this before took really great care of it" Now that I thought about it, it was weird and I should've realized it sooner. Didn't my guitar get ruined when I bashed a student's head in during the apocalypse...well, I guess I did fix it later on but how'd it get here?...could my soul manifest instruments as well, it would make sense considering our powers were based on our past hobbies and personalities, maybe playing music allowed this to happen. "Umm...sir? Are you alright" I realized how long I was just idle there. 

"O-Oh, my bad, just thinking about how long I've had this...so yeah, it's mine..."

"Ah huh...anyway to prove that?" She moved the guitar more over to her side of the counter...alright then, i'll get that guitar one way or another.

"There's an engraving on it, L.N.K.S, it's meant to sound like Links" She flipped the guitar over where the engraving was.

"You're right, but it doesn't prove it's yours." You... "I'm kidding, we have a way to tell, set your hand on the edge of the guitar." I was a bit annoyed but I listened. I set my left hand on my guitar and waited. There was this flicker of light that took over the strings, until, all the strings had this constant glow of white. "There you go, it is yours, well, just like your weapon, you should be able to summon and desummon the guitar now, I would say take care of it, but this thing is pristine"

"Hehe, after repairs it looks that way, I had to use this as a weapon"

"Ahh, that explains the minor dent I saw, I assume you fixed everything else, well, that's all I assume. If you need any repairs let me kn-

"Oh, sorry to interrupt, but there's a piano we're looking for"

"Of course, of course" She went under the counter "If you have that guitar, then you must've been that band...I don't think it had a name..."

"The one that winged music? Yeah, that was us...how'd you know though?"

"We went to the same school" She came up with an electric piano, it was too big to fit on the counter without covering our faces, so she walked around and set it up. "Too bad that apocalypse happened right?"

"Yeah, I'm just surprised you kept our instruments"

"Oh yeah, they're practically relics, many people have tried to buy them so I made the price ridiculous"

"Hey Nicholai!" I called her over, she walked over and picked up the piano, closing the legs.

"Thank you for keeping it safe" She desummoned and resummoned it after doing the same thing I did before.

"Oh don't worry about it, so, if you get the other two bring em here. I still got their instruments." The girl went back to the counter and rested on it.

"I'll make sure to do that." I waved as Nicholai and I walked out the store, I noticed she was holding her piano close to her, guess she's more sentimental than I first thought.

"So, what now, we've done what we came to do, and pretty easily as well." Nicholai was right, I actually expected to go on some adventure...it at least would've been cooler...but I guess it would be tiring.

"Who let you out of the hospital" Kenneth and his robot Dave walked over to us...Kenneth walked over to us, Dave floated...I should choose my words better.

"I decided he was healthy enough" Nicholai mumbled, she seemed more focused on her piano's condition.

"Well, I see you two got your instruments back...and Nicholai really loves it...so it's just in there?" Kenneth pointed at the store as he looked at me.

"Yeah it is, the cashier right now knows us and kept our instruments for us"

"Well, alrightly, come on Dave" Dave followed Kenneth into the store, then the rest of the crew came. Sam, Kyle, Kayla, and even Matt.

"What's going on here?" Sam looked really happy, clearly knowing what's happening.

"No point in lying Sam, Lets just go grab our stuff." Kayla dragged Sam along into the store while Kyle followed suit.

"You guys are a large band." Matt looked behind me into the store.

"heh, well, you can join us if you want." Matt looked a bit interested.

"Oh? And play what?"

"Well, we've got the drums, the piano, the bass, two DJs basically...I got it! You can join me in electric guitar! Or, if it's needed, you can play the violin" Matt crossed his arms and tapped his arm for a bit.

"Fuck it, sure"

"Perfect, Let's go grab you a guitar, back in the store!" I walked back in to see the others grabbing their stuff, Kyle and Kayla had the same thing, they would both adjust our music through this connection with the amp that Kenneth made for them...I wonder how that'd work, it's the same entity, so if one summons it...does it disappear for the other one, or are their two in existence now...is...is this a duplication glitch in reality? Matt seemed to walk past me...well well well, I guess he already knows what he wants.

"So" Sam walked next to me. "Did you tell everyone the group name you came up with?

"I don't think I should just decide the name."

"You're the leader though...And you haven't been leading much, the most you can do is decide the name, it fits us as well."

"I guess...Hey!" I called for everyone, they all looked over, questioning my random outburst...again. "Our group name...are you all fine with Project Projection?" I looked at everyone, they really just shrugged for the most part.

"yeah...I guess, I don't think it matters, we never had a name to begin with" Kenneth flipped one of his drum sticks. Catching it by the different ends each time.

"Exactly, it'll be better now that we have a name to go by other than, 'that band that wings music'" I could feel the smugness coming from Sam as Kayla finished speaking.

"'Oh Sam, I don't think I should just decide the name, they may not like it' See Lee, it doesn't matter"

"Yeah yeah, I get it Sam" I looked around the store...it reminded me of a time...it wasn't a bad memory, a good one actually, besides for Matt being here now, it was almost exactly like when we first got our instruments, only, last time a ton of employees had to come over because six children just barraged into the store looking for instruments...well, five technically, I was just acting like a chaperone, I still had my guitar back then so I didn't need one, I did get some strings though...after all, you should always replace guitar strings every now and again.

"Okay...it's done now, the band is back together" The girl at the counter spread out her hands. "And it has a new member too! When are you guys playing next?" Everyone's eyes went to me...why...

"I dunno...I hope soon though" I smiled "Singing with everyone was fun, so I'm gonna do my best to make it so we can play as earlier as we can"

"I'll accept that. Good luck everyone" The girl waved us off as we left the store, I'll keep this place in mind when I need to fix my guitar, or recommend new instruments. It was one hell of a store, really huge too, only for one person to be there, I guess people don't play music much in this dimension, I don't think I have the right to blame them though, after all, there's a war going on so I don't think there's time to learn one...Too bad, I wanted to hear the music of Eaxura, but I guess we'll be doing that instead.

"Hey Lee" Kenneth tapped me on the shoulder when we all began walking on the sidewalk. I looked over at him, yet noticed Nicholai still holding onto her piano...I don't think she even realizes she's doing that.

"What is it?" I guess I did it out of nostalgia, but I had my guitar summoned, and strung around my shoulder.

"I doubt we'll be starting off with songs with lyrics, it'll strain us all, so how about we start off slow and just play as we get used to playing again."

"That makes sense...how long has it been since we've played an actual song."

"heh, how long has it been since winter started?" He asked that jokingly, yet it made me realize something...in all the timelines I've seen, even though the visions were short...it always ended in winter...It made me feel uneasy...really uneasy, I know some were in the long future, but it had to be a bad omen...I should really tell the others...

"Hey Ken" He looked like he was gonna talk to Nicholai before I started talking. He seemed to realize my changed demeanor.

"It's something serious, isn't it?" Sam stood aside me, allowing me to talk on my own.

"I'd rather say it in private" With my left hand I motioned to all the people around us.

"Alright then, Bravo Team's HQ is nearby so we can go there"...right, this was mentioned before, wasn't it? Each team had its own little HQ...right?...the rest of the walk was in silence, we made it to Bravo Team's HQ...which...I expected it to be smaller, but it was decently huge...if I had to explain...I guess it's like...three-fourths the size of the white house...was this because of my "rank"...I still didn't consider myself that, yet, I've killed people, why does a rank make me disturbed...why am I fine wi- I felt a nudge, I already knew it was the others getting my attention, so to play it off I brushed my hair with my hand before setting the headband back.

"Yeah?" I looked over at Kenneth, who'd nudged me a second ago, Sam was more excited to enter.

"Why're we here?" Kyle asked behind us...I kinda forgot he was here...same goes for Kayla, Matt just usually goes with whatever so...

"Well, Lee decided it was time for the truth, so we're accepting his late explanation." damn it...I guess me and Sam are great at stealth when it's needed, yet not so great at hiding secrets.

"Oh really? Lead the way then" Kayla motioned towards me...I had the key to it I guess. I looked through my inventory...it was so hard to see but it was there. I took it out and headed towards the door. It had this royal feeling to it, I never knew opening a door could feel so assuring.

"Lead the way? We've never been here before and you expect Lee of all people to know where to go?" Nicholai spoke up, I couldn't tell if she was saying my navigation sucked, or if she was saying to not expect I can see through walls. Yet, Kenneth had this smug look on his face.

"Well, it seemed like Lee had an idea of where to go, or was really eager, same goes for Sam" Damn it, again!? 

"Exactly though, we've never been in here, so it's only fair we're eager about it, it's our own headquarters, a place where we can gather more people to fight alongside us in missions" I unlocked the door and opened it, to the left of the entrance was a hallway, same to the right, in the middle though, after you walked for a bit, was a staircase covered in carpet.

"Lee, what happened to telling everything." When did I say that to him?...but...I was gonna tell them anyways.

"Alright, forget privacy, Sam, ready?" She looked at me confused.

"Lee, you have waaaay, more stuff to explain than I do, like the file for example, on our first mission, you never said what was in it" oh...that

"Alright...let's go find a seat inside." I led everyone in, we walked around for a bit, going through each hallway, until in the left hallway we found a room with what looked like a meeting table, with two chairs at the end, one was clearly was for me, as it had my hat on it. I reached for my head, it was gone...I...don't remember losing it though! I swear I'm not negligent with the gifts that they gave me! I walked over and sat down, placing the hat on my head. Everyone took their seats, really hyper to hear what I was going to say, it seemed like everyone got what the chairs were for...obviously they were for sitting...I guess the right words would be, they knew how it was set up. Sam sat next to me, Kayla and Kyle sat near one another, Kenneth and Nicholai, and Matt sat alone. We were sitting near our partners, yet, two more chairs were here, I guess we'd be having more Bravo Team members soon.

"Alright" Kyle clasped his hands together "Get going Lee"

"Well...I could just show my memories" I was hesitant...my situation isn't believable...then again, I doubt people on earth would believe me if I said I was this magical being called a DT.

"Saying it yourself is faster, Lee, you're our leader, we'll believe you, no matter how mentally insane you sound"...thanks Ken.

"..." I took a breath, here goes nothing. "Don't interrupt, and if you have any questions ask after, I'll run it down the most quickest way I can" None of them spoke. "To start from the beginning, I was talked to by a future me who taught me how to time travel, I guess Sam also found out, allowing her some sort of thing..." It was hard to recall everything, all of this happened in what felt like four days or less. "Then the files that Sam talked about...they were about me and Sam, calling us murderers, the number 17 came up a lot" Sam gritted her teeth after hearing that...well, guess she does have something to explain...."What else...I saw the vision of two different futures, one was of me as a detective with a girl named Crystal" I saw everyone lean in, about to ask "Yes, the same one from the apocalypse, she seemed hateful towards me. The other timeline was during this terrible situation in Eaxura, Raymond abandoned everyone, the place was taken over by this thing they called...Zeaks?...no Zeeks...I think, they were like the corrupted in a way, but more threatening. Kenneth died in the first timeline I talked about...Sam..." I looked over at her  "She died in both of them" I looked back at everyone and continued. "There was also this guy in the first timeline...it was another me...I think he mentioned something about not being the Lee he was looking for...so I guess I got some hitman coming after me" I chuckled a bit, though it scared me to think about it "...umm...damn it what else...right, Madoka...the one here seems fine, yet in the other timeline, there were two of them, one was trying to protect me with her life...while the other one was giving it her all to kill me, so we call them Madoka P and M"

"Madoka Protector and Madoka Murderer?" Kayla leaned on her chair.

"Exactly" I rested my arms on my chair yet still pointed at her while I answered.

"We were stuck in this mist, surrounded by...zombies I think...if I remember, corruption...the mist version at least was also around, and we had no time left, so I time traveled...and I remembered who killed us back then" They perked up again.

"Go on?" Kenneth gave me the go-ahead.

"It was this weird guy in a mask, there was this blue-ish tint in their...which eye was it?...it was one of them...Then the most important part, was this guy we met, me and Sam, called the keeper"

"ehhh, that name gives me a bad feeling" Nicholai looked up from the table after messing with something.

"Trust me, they're weird, but they helped a lot, they explained some stuff and gave me and Sam new stuff" I saw everyone besides for Matt lean on the table over at me and Sam, looking for anything, that was until Nicholai gave everyone this glare, making them sit.

"Your Scabbard" Nicholai pointed at me, then at Sam "Then your blades...right?"

"Yeah" Sam assured it.

"There you go" She looked at everyone and sat back down.

"I also found something else out" Sam looked confused.

"I thought that was it?" Sam had her hand on her face as she questioned it.

"You were busy doing something else, it sounds really weird, and I'm sure there's a logical explanation for it, but you all remember Yuna right?"

"This feels like it's going in a wrong direction" Kenneth sounded concerned.

"No, keep it going, we already got this far into this weird story" Matt waved his hand around. I took another breath, I heard this from Yuna herself after I shouted 'this isn't over' during our time at that keeper place, but it seemed untrue, especially from someone who already lied multiple times...yet, maybe I can get her to share her memories.

"Yuna...Me...and Sam" I mumbled it and it all turned into incoherent words.

"Why am I involved." Sam's voice got slightly louder. I coughed and cleared my through, I would just say it faster this time.

"Yuna is just me and Sam"... there was a long pause...until

"Pff...nice one, I thought your jokes were all unoriginal, but being able...to...oh" Nicholai looked at me slowly taking it in... "That wasn't a joke?" Everyone just seemed confused, and Sam was just stammering on her words

"I...h...I don't" I could barely understand her.

'Yuna!' Oh boy, what did I get summoned into? She sat on the table with her legs crossed. 'I told everyone...you can make yourself visible to everyone right?' I can, yet I don't know why you think I would  'Because, there's still stuff I don't get, and I'm gonna make you tell me' And I will because?  'Because if I die, you die too, I know at least that much, and if I need intel to live, you're most likely hiding it' ffffffine After that, it seemed like she became less transparent, and everyone jumped back in their seats, almost tipping over.

"Where the hell!?" Kyle jumped back and summoned his weapon, getting off the chair.

"Relax dumbass, I'm the person Lee was on about, Yuna" Kyle sat back down, though very cautiously. She held her thumb against her chest. "The fusion of Lee and Sam, someone who's almost become a star, Yuna, is here." She stood on the table and bowed. She hopped off the table and sat across the room in one of the chairs that were empty. "I'll explain it easily, Sam, in an attempt to save Lee from corruption, comes up with the idea to give all her life force to Lee, after all, she was already dying, so there was no choice."

"I was dying from corruption? But I seem fine." I raised one of my legs onto the chair, holding it as I listened.

"It seems like it now, you barely got corrupted so It's going slowly, in that timeline, you got hit more and more in an attempt to become some hero, or as the Keeper phrased it, The Star of the Multiverse. I've been stuck in a loop, which is why I didn't tell you, every time I tell you, you try and do the same thing, saying 'I'm stronger than last time, I can do it if I try harder' but you can't, you're not a god, you're not a star, we're just kids who kill people with no remorse for life"

"If you're stuck in a loop, why aren't there more Yunas?" Sam asked.

"I dunno, it seems like every time a fusion happens I take their place, I could be in my own original timeline yet whenever you two fuse I'll take your place. Right now, if you two were to fuse, I'd disappear, be Yuna from you two, then after you two separate, I'll go back to where I was originally, so I guess it's not really a fusion anymore, it's now more of a call and vanish. You guys don't know how long I've been doing this, just because Lee is such a stubborn fucker."

"...I'm sorry...It'll be different this time, I already have what I wanted, I have no reason to be a star now." Yuna seemed to be taken aback.

"Well...thank you then...I can't bear to see everyone suffering..." Yuna smiled for the first time...the first time in a while I assume.

"I do have one other question though" Sam had both her legs on the chair, holding both of them. "From what I tell, you still age, we all do, so why don't you look older?"

"I would be mad if it didn't make sense, but you're right. Every time the loop happens again, I start off as a five-year-old, it's why I have respect for Raymond, the guy has time travel powers as well, and decided to take care of me after the fourth loop...though...he also had the idea of putting me out of my misery...either one was fine with me...then again, that would mean this idiot" She pointed at me, I could not disagree with calling me an idiot. "Would start the loop again..." She took a breath. "So, there you go, a crash course about why I exist, and what Lee and Sam have been up to. Am I needed for anything else?"

"Yeah, who's this keeper guy you mentioned before?" Matt was leaning on his arms, which were on the table.

"Well, in that case I'm not needed anymore, give me a holler if any of you need help, after all, it would be boring if I existed in just Lee's mind" She snapped her fingers in such a cocky manner, then vanished.

"Wait...so she just chose to be in Lee's head?" Kayla was nibbling on something small while she spoke.

"Guess so..." I sat normally and felt my eye again...it felt different from before, it felt rougher than it being soft like before.

"Well, at least we know why Lee and Sam act different, they time traveled...though, from the sounds of it...you went more forward...and into a different timeline, here, there was no Madoka attacking us, same with New Min" I was going to interrupt Kenneth and ask him how he knew, until he threw a hand up to stop me. "Yuna told me everything you didn't say just now, I assume she did with everyone, we're all caught up now, so no reason to lie, though, I have to ask, why didn't you tell us?" ...Was saying I didn't trust them the right answer?...even after we spent years together as children...even after they all helped me, did I really not trust them enough?...we're being honest now...so there's only one answer, one right answer, that is.

"I...was scared" I looked at my feet. No one seemed to speak. "I...was scared that things would change...then again" I touched the ring that had been on my finger through all of this. "I don't think going back to those old days are possible anymore" I took off my hat with my right hand "Though...I have to ask...even though I feel like I know the answer..." I moved my hat near my chest, where my heart was, I could feel it beating. "Is it really okay, that someone who kept this a secret...is it alright that I'm still your leader?" I haven't been leading them much...I've just been watching from the shadows while Raymond or whoever bossed us around...things would be different now...I can't hide away from my purpose anymore. 

I saw everyone's lips moving, probably giving me a response, yet, all I heard was my heart...the heart I should've listened to instead of my brain...would we even be DTs if I wasn't a coward...could I even change anything? 

I kept doubting myself, until I felt a cold breeze. I looked around, it was this field of flowers. I couldn't hear anything other than the wind against my clothes, and against the flowers. There was one other sound, a small hum in the distance. I turned around, towards the hum. I saw myself sitting there by a tree, Sam sat to my right, and Kenneth and Nicholai were to the left of me. It was like they were sleeping...the humming became more obvious, that song...the one I can't recall the lyrics too a-...no...there was never lyrics...I just told everyone there was because I was praised...I looked down at my left hand, compared to its roughness from before, it looked softer. I looked more at the flowers, there was four different types, two different forms of roses, and the other two were flowers I didn't know, these flowers must've represented us. Why was I here though...when I played that song it wasn't in a flower field it was in the back of the school...but...I wanted to keep listening to it, it felt...

"Nostalgic?" I heard my own voice to my left, I turned in that direction and saw a younger version of me again...like before. "It's...peaceful isn't it" It wasn't a question, and I sounded so sure of it.

"Of course it was, we were young without a care in the world...we were all together without any risks to worry about other than getting home safely."

"Right...do you sometimes wish you could go back? I know I do" This is twice now, where I've talked to myself.

"Obviously, we're the same person"

"I guess you're right" He...I, sounded dejected. "Why do you think you of all people were chosen?" It was a question I wanted to know as well "But it isn't like that, I want your opinion"

"Wouldn't you know though? Even if you're a younger me."

"I do, but I want to hear you say it aloud"...I...only had my theory.

"Maybe...maybe it's because I have some connection to Kai and Alice" After I thought about Alice, I began to think about why she didn't reveal herself as Sam's sister before...and moreso, where was she when Sam's illness rose...could it be possible that they were DTs from the start? It was something I began realizing, both Alice and Kai were high ranks, but I was with Kai during the apocalypse, and our death dates were only about a few weeks apart, though this isn't my original timeline anymore, I wouldn't know what happened with Kai back then.

"Well, you can think whatever you want here, Yuna, nor any mind reader, cannot enter into this space. You're safe to think whatever as long as you're here." I guess it was reassuring to know that no one could hear me..."Maybe you can learn how to come here on your own free will instead of when you're stressed out" So that's what triggered it...the calming music, and a reassuring...yet dejected version of me was here...it was the perfect place for me...to calm down at least.

"I should get going, the others are probably panicking since I just randomly blacked out." The younger version of me seemed sad when I mentioned leaving...I felt bad..." I'll make sure to visit...though I can't guarantee it'll be so soon"

"It's alright, I have the lovely music to keep me happy" I felt floaty, and before I blacked out again I saw my younger self smile.

By the time I reawakened everyone was gone, and it was the dead of night, I could even hear birds chirping...I guess animals here in Eaxura are different than on earth, but that was obvious. I had a note in my hand, I opened it and began reading.

'Mornin...or night, we can't predict when you wake up, I(as in Nicholai, yes me)
 checked up on you to make sure you're alright, and I deducted, you were fine,
we decided to wait a bit to see if you would wake up...which you didn't, if you're
still not awake by tomorrow we'll probably see you in a hospital...
why am I writing this you wouldn't be able to see this if you were asleep...
why am I still writing!? Forget it, just message us when you wake up,
we'll probably be doing our own thing'

From your Team, Bravo Team
(Mostly written by Nicholai though)

I opened up my messages, and noticed something I hadn't before, maybe because I've never been awake when the others were asleep, the thing I noticed was their icons had a cyan-like color that was on a crescent moon near it, I guess they were asleep. I got a message when I was about to close my hud, it was from Kyle.

Personal Chat (Lee and Kyle Ver)

Finally awake? We all got a bit worried
when you didn't wake up, I however
knew you would...that note was kinda
pointless wasn't it?

A little bit yeah

Say, you were a bit panicked even when
you were asleep, care to talk about it?

Yeah...I would like that

After I responded with yes, Kyle called me, wish I answered.

"Umm...how do I start?" I could hear how tired I was, even though I woke up just a few minutes ago.

"Wherever you want" I started to see a pattern, whenever it was night out, Kyle seemed to be a lot more compassionate.

"Have you ever gotten these dreams, where you talk with your younger self?...where it's such a gripping dream...that you wish you could stay there forever?"

"...the way you phrased it scares me...but I think you forgot what I did as a kid, I was a mercenary from the start, of course I would get terrible dreams."

"Of course, of course...but still...even the things I remember make me wish I could go back in time...but even though we have yet to 'fail' a mission, I still feel like I'm more of an obedient servant than a leader" I heard Kyle take a breath.

"Well...you're kinda right, you haven't been much of a leader...but this is a different scenario than a zombie outbreak, before you knew how zombies acted, we knew what we could do and what we couldn't we knew that the only real threat was other humans. Now however, we're magical beings that go into different worlds, and those worlds have their own unique monsters and rules, I know the others kinda pushed it on you, but you don't have to be a leader twenty-four seven." 

"Yeah, you're right...thanks Kyle, I'm probably going to walk around Eaxura for a bit"

"You do that, if you need a chat again lemme know, I know a lot more about your problems than Sam or Nicholai do...it's the one way I can help"

"Yeah...i-

"You really repeat yourself a lot huh?" I didn't know what he was talking about until I retraced my words...yeah...yeah...god I say yeah a lot don't I?

"My bad...I just don't know what else to say...I never really developed social skills as a kid, you know, the whole family thing."

"...I get it, my bad"

"I didn't say that because I wanted an apology, only to explain myself." I began walking out of the HQ building we now had. It really did feel amazing to have it, something to fall back to, though, it is really secluded, and near the outskirts of Eaxura, I honestly couldn't even see it at first.

"...anyways, I'm on a mission with Kayla right now, and we've almost arrived, so take that stroll...take care Lee" The call ended, and by that time I made it to the outer layer of Eaxura, and that's all I did for hours...I was already energized from that sleep, and I'm not the type to go back to sleep when I feel invigorated, I'd only go sleep in when I still feel dead...and I surely know what that feels like know

0