Chapter 16: A deal. A bet. A contract
118 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last night…..

 

'So you not gonna hurt her…?' Aiden asked.

 

{psshh…..you don't know how much of an insect you lot are to me….she is but a fly…} Athena replied, her arrogance loud and clear.

 

Aiden wanted to retort that saying, but who was he to say anything. This lady demon was speaking in his mind, in his bloody mind, for god's sake. That already told him how mysteriously strong she was. He was afraid that she would possess him at some point and thank god that hasn't happened like in the movies.

 

'...well, why are you helping a fellow insect…..?' he asked. as he entered his room.

 

click!

 

With the lights gone, he was resting on his bed, putting the Scarface on guard duty.

 

{ for entertainment of course….} she replied non-chalantly.

 

'....welp, can't argue with that…'

 

"Ok good night, sorry to cut off your entertainment….." he said, closing his eyes. He had already given a deadly warning to the only adult within their group. So he was sure the Scarface wouldn't try anything with the girls.

 

He wanted to vanish him but, after listening to his senpai's story. He seemed reformed. And as the only adult, he also claimed his stay.

 

{.....hmmm…you seem relaxed. I guess what happens tomorrow won't affect you too much. You can take care of my imps. You can surely take care of the Celtics as well….good night…}

 

Aiden's eyes opened wide. Waking up the second later. "wait..wait..wait..what are you talking about? What Celtics….?!" 

 

{hahahahaha...ok I will tell you, but not for free of course..} She said, her grin only visible to herself.

 

Aiden backed up, his heart beating quite rapidly. 'is this the rumored demons favors…wait, I am not selling my soul ok!!' he said.

 

{hmmm?.....how did you know what I was going to ask…?} she replied in surprise. For her information. This kind of practice would be the first time in this human world. {well….i get you are cautious but, I can guaranty you skills and don't worry, even you are weak, I will make you my slave. what more can you ask…?} 

 

'...…'

 

{What do you say?} Her voice full of confidence.

 

'...…No.' he replied, after his deadly silence.

 

Athena's eyes opened wide. Her ears twerking. She was back within her body. As this shocking reply sent her astral form back to her body.

 

"What did I just hear…..?" she said, her tone irked in confusion and a bit of anger. "Did that insect just rejected my offer…?....mine, the duchess of the sky fire… how dare he?!!!"

 

Who was she? Athena! The gorgeous and oh so powerful Athena. The holder of the sky fire. Even Marquees and Earls begged her to be her slave. Her name known to all in Abyss. And a puny human who was only in a level of an imp just rejected her offer. Her contract, which she rarely used.

 

Her purple eyes shinned in anger, her arms itching to destroy the human. Even though she couldn't do anything to him, she wanted to send another thousands of imps on earth, just to capture him and torture him for many years to come.

 

"A mere human…." she said with a growl. Gazing at the human on his bed, his hand on his chin, trying to look like some sage.

 

|….i won't be selling my soul but how about this...|

 

"Is he trying to bargain….? hmmm….let's hear it…." her astral form phasing out of her body.

 

{ok….i will hear you out human but let me warn you. if it's not satisfactory. I will send a thousand, no, I will break the treaty and send ten thousands….so I hope you understand your situation….} she said, her words spewing coldness like the demon she is.

 

"...."

 

'what the fuck...is she mad…?did I somehow screw up…. did shit just hit the fan? Fuck! If I screw up this up...then..'

 

{so what say you human…?}

 

Aiden took a long breath in, walking towards the balcony. Taking in the fresh air of the night.

 

'I can do this….I can do this….haaaaa….'

 

"Ok….sorry if I made you mad, I guess. My way of talking is disrespectful for a noble pers…demon like you."

 

{....}

 

Aiden gulped, his hands turning sweaty. "ahem….I will give you my soul…."

 

{Then, let's get righ…..} She said, her anger turning down.

 

"If..."

 

{….if what?}

 

"You want entertainment right? And you also want my soul? I will give you both. If….if you make a bet with me…."

 

The duchess kept quiet, her hand on her chin, with the same posture of someone who she just complained about. But it intrigued her. A light smile coming to her lips. 

 

{I'm listening….}

 

Aiden cleaned his throat. He didn't know what would happen after his proposition. He might anger her even more, or she would just outright kill him, or she would do as she told him. Sending thousands of those bugs at his home. Which he and Emi found with extreme luck.

 

"You know I am weak. No, you think humans are weak, Right?.... I will give you a show. A show where I defeat those so-called certics of yours….like the hundreds of imps I butchered...that would be entertaining for you, right?"

 

{….get to the point.}

 

"….that's the bet. If I defeat them all like the imps you send me. No soul for you. But if I fail or I feel like I am going to die. I will run away, saving my life and hence giving you my soul…but info about the certics comes first…"

 

'it is always entertaining to watch a weakling preserver through hardship. And she has experienced that show before as well. Me butchering through those imps, which was never heard of. And with her reaction earlier, she already showed how excited she was….'

 

*she can't hear his thoughts, when he doesn't want to….

 

"So what say you, Demon lady…"

.

.

There was only silence, and it continued for a minute, then two minutes and three….and after seven minutes or so, she replied.

 

{…ha….haha….hahahaha….hahahahahaha…ok Human, I will act the fool for once and do as you wish. put your blood on this contract.}

 

Right after her words echoed, a fiery screen appeared before him. Jump scaring him out of nowhere. He was amazed, watching something so mysterious and magical.

 

"so this is the famous Demons contract…" he said. Touching it, but he didn't feel the burning sensation he thought he would feel as every word and lines were drawn from fire itself.

 

As he read the claws, the more he read the dreadful he felt. She had written everything he had said and more. With extra claws saying he would lose his soul the moment he showed his back towards the enemy.

 

'It feels like those Certics are super strong….and what's with this….what the fuck..'

 

"...this point doesn't makes sense…?' he said, "His finger pointing to one of the claws. "My body shouldn't exceed the thirteen wounds otherwise, the human would lose instantly…"

 

He wanted to curse out loud, but knowing who he was dealing with, he stayed calm.

 

{….well, you can put your opinions, why can't i…? and don't worry. if you really managed to do It. there's a little reward as well. so why the complaint…}

 

Aiden sighed…..she was right…in some ways. But he didn't had and leeway to reject. Accept it and suffer, decline it, suffer harder….if he had to choose, of course he would chose the first one.

 

He again read everything twice. Not leaving a word unnoticed. From many novels he read. Demons were good at hiding that one claw, which gave them the advantage.

 

"Ok…." he said, biting his thumb and placing it on the contract. "All or nothing…"

 

{…..haha…hahahhahaha…..HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!}

 

The contract disappeared, and so did her heartfelt laugh. Forcing him to think if he really messed up somehow.

 

Tring..!!

 

[Certice information acquired]

 

"oh..she works fast, let's check these motherfuckers…

.

.

…..ok…I might be fucked…"

2