#124: Dreams of Yesterday…
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Buy Blow's ebook and print book on your favorite platform!


IBMFGI has already come to an end on some platforms.

Visit my Carrd to find more about me and my works.


Edited by RedPandaChick

After revealing Blostars' future to the girls, everything was discussed in several meetings with the entire company. No one expected it to happen so soon. More importantly, it was going to be a huge blow despite the decision feeling like the right thing to do.

Even though it took multiple weeks to come up with a plan, we were all able to come to an agreement.

The first part of the plan was to schedule a press conference, for which GIMA's HQ didn't have space. We asked TOTOT to lend us theirs, and they accepted without asking any questions. However, I had another request.

The longer we waited, the more likely it was for the announcements to get leaked. So, the day of the press conference arrived in the blink of an eye.

Walking out of the green room and seeing dozens of cameras and news reporters was weirdly nostalgic. It felt like only a few months had passed since the announcement of Aeryx and Blostars' first collaboration, but it had been more than two years.

The girls sat down first as camera shutters clicked incessantly, then I sat down in the last chair at the table.

Not only was the conference being live-streamed to our website and social media accounts, it was also being transmitted to several TV channels that had asked us for permission to do so.

Eventually, I gathered enough courage to speak into the microphone on the table.

"Thank you for being here and watching, everyone. I'm not used to this kind of thing, and there are several announcements to be made, so I'll be brief to not take much of your time."

We had arranged the news in such a way that the biggest piece of news was at the end, although it didn't really matter. We all knew what news was going to be talked about the most.

"First, I'm happy to announce that GIMA is going to allow any artist to rent both the dance and the recording studios at GIMA's HQ. We'd like to reveal more details about it, but we are not ready to do so at this time. Please keep an eye on our website and social media accounts for more details to be revealed at a later date."

Although there wasn't a huge reaction from the reporters, all of them still stared at me. I had to tell myself to stop thinking about it to avoid getting more nervous than I already was.

"The next thing I want to tell you about are two projects. They still are in the planning stage, but we can't wait to reveal them. GIMA is looking to expand its business deeper into the QNet scene, especially with QTubers."

The clicking of the camera shutters suddenly multiplied, and the reporters stared more intently at me. I quickly stopped focusing on them.

"The second project is more of an objective for GIMA than a project. We're looking into having multiple idol groups under GIMA's umbrella."

Several reporters stood up out of nowhere and started asking questions. They were talking over each other and I couldn't even understand them. Fortunately, Sugioka and another four bodyguards were there to calm things down.

"I know you have a lot of questions," I said, "but we're not ready to reveal more information at this time. We'll also have a short Q&A session at the end of the conference, so please wait patiently."

That seemed to do the trick as everyone sat down.

"Now, the announcement I'm excited about the most is related to the space stadium that is being built. You might've heard about it, but you haven't heard that both Talents Of The Old Tomorrow and Galactical Idols Management Agency are collaborating with the owning company for its construction. And I'm pleased to announce that the stadium is going to be called Galaktix and that it's going to be inaugurated by both Aeryx and Blostars."

Again, hundreds of camera shutters could be heard across the room. The expressions of the reporters were filled with frowns, but they luckily understood that they had to wait for the Q&A session.

"Since we're talking about a Blostars concert, I'll confirm that we're already working on our fourth album and that the Galaktix Stadium will be the last venue of its tour. However, it'll also be the last concert of Blostars' current lineup."

The whole room fell into an uneasy silence in an instant. Only a few camera shutters could be heard from time to time.

Having told Sugioka and the bodyguards beforehand that this was going to be the most impactful announcement, they moved closer to the reporters that had stood up before.

I took a deep breath as discreetly as possible and spoke.

"I didn't think this day was ever going to arrive, but I have to announce that Aki, Umi, Risa, and myself are leaving Blostars at the end of the next tour."

 

As expected, all of the reporters in the room stood up and started shouting questions. Two bodyguards stood next to us in case anyone tried to get close to us, while Sugioka and the rest battled against the reporters.

There was a moment when we thought we would have to leave to prevent a bigger problem from happening. Fortunately, the room calmed down after several reporters were taken out of the room.

The girls and I glanced at each other before I continued to speak.

"I know the easiest thing to assume is that something bad happened between us for us to want to leave, but that's not the case at all. Everyone at GIMA loves working with each other. We're fortunate to have formed such a wonderful team, but our reasons to leave are personal, and we'd like to keep it that way."

Since Aki was sitting next to me, she tightly held my hand under the table, then I smiled at her before continuing.

"I'd also like to ask you to forget about it for the time being. We still have a year to enjoy the current Blostars, and they will have a proper farewell, which is called graduation in the idol scene."

I glanced at the girls, who were also smiling. Suddenly, all of the nerves were gone.

"We still might be a year away, yet we're already preparing for the future. You might be expecting me to say that more details will be revealed at a later date, but not this time. Everyone, allow me to introduce you to the person that will take my place after I leave: Aeryx."

All of the reporters stood up as soon as Aeryx walked out of the green room. They didn't ask questions, but they had to stand up because the reporters in the front wouldn't let them take pictures of Aeryx as she approached us.

The girls and I stood up to applaud her, then she hugged each of us. Since she didn't have a place to sit, we all remained standing. She also didn't have a microphone, so she spoke through her glasses once the reporters calmed down.

"Believe me, I was just as surprised when Miyahara asked me if I wanted to be Blostars' manager. He even admitted that it started as a joke, but he's glad that it became a reality."

A weak chuckle spread across the room, including the girls and me, then Aeryx continued talking.

"That's right, I'm going to become the manager of the new Blostars. Astra and Sanae will stay, and together with Miyahara, they'll help me plan the future of Blostars. Yes, I'm talking about the new girls, for whom there'll obviously be auditions. It's too soon to say anything about them, so don't ask about that."

"Talking about asking," I added, "why don't we start the Q&A session?"

Among other, mostly-annoying questions, Aeryx explained that she wasn't going to come back from her retirement from the stage, she was only going to return for the Galaktix Stadium concert to perform the two songs she collaborated with Blostars on.

Another reporter asked for more information about the Galaktix Stadium. I couldn't believe I forgot to say that there was going to be a proper conference where more information was going to be revealed, so I answered that.

Lastly, I was asked if the fourth album was already in the works, which I confirmed. They then asked if it had a name, and I also said yes. They tried to get it out of me, but I didn't spit it. We had plans for a bigger announcement at a later date.

The conference finally ended and we walked back into the green room, where Aya, Haru, the girls, and I hugged. We also invited Aeryx to join the hug.

Strangely, Aya cut the hug short because she had something to show us. She projected a hologram onto the wall of a social media site that we had an account on.

We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw that Blostars was the top trending topic in the country and the third one in the entire world. To top it off, people were posting the same message over and over again.

"Blostars are eternal."

It was more than enough to make the girls cry, and it was enough to make tears come out of my eyes.

The emotions had to be let out now because we were going to be too busy to do so over the next several months.

0