#126: The First Galactical Idols
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edited by RedPandaChick

We began the tour with enough energy to power the entire world, and so we did.

The first half of the tour took place in the biggest venues in our country, followed by arenas, domes, forums, and stadiums around the world with a capacity of up to sixty thousand people.

All of the concerts were live-streamed on the QNet, and included Furenoora, Plaraqor, and Slixam, making us the first idol group to transmit a concert to other planets.

Thankfully, the tour was filled with adventures and good times. We had learned enough to be able to avoid most of the problems we had in the past, although that didn't save us from the mistakes of others.

Haru accompanied us throughout the majority of the tour to get experience since she was about to become the only CEO of GIMA.

 

The biggest surprise came when Sanae's and Risa's parents came to watch one of the concerts, though they only told us about it on the same day. They asked if they could come to meet us backstage, to which we gladly agreed.

They greeted all of the team before asking Sanae and Risa to take a walk with them behind the venue. As skeptical as it was, there was no reason to refuse.

Sanae and Risa returned to the green room without their parents fifteen minutes later, barely being able to speak. I asked them what happened, and they revealed that their parents were going to have their third child. I was shocked at first, then I hugged both of them.

The next thirty minutes were filled with tips about having a little sibling, and we also told them some jokes and pranks they could do to them.

 

It was time for the second break of the tour after performing in the last country on Earth. Although the girls were going to rest, Aya, Aeryx, Tomokazu, and I weren't.

Instead, we held the long-awaited auditions. What people didn't know was that they weren't only auditioning to become the new members of Blostars, but they also were auditioning for the QTuber project and for the new group that was going to be formed by GIMA.

They were a success, with more than one thousand applicants, although that also meant it was going to be harder for us to choose the few girls we needed. Still, we were happy with the outcome.

 

The physical energy was there when we lifted off toward Furenoora, but the mental energy suddenly vanished. That didn't prevent us from giving our all, however.

Both Furenoora and Slixam had built their first-ever venues for musical performances due to the high demand for our concerts. The buildings weren't perfect, but they were good enough. More importantly, they had the capacity to supply the demand.

Although Plaraqor already had venues, they also built new and bigger ones. They also made sure to adapt the equipment to Earth's standards to avoid the problems we had on the last tour.

Just like on Earth, the adventures we had on the three planets were nothing short of fun since we reserved some time to travel around them.

Sadly, having fun also meant that time felt shorter, and before we realized it, it was time to perform at the Galaktix Stadium.

 

We didn't want to do the same things we had always done. Instead, we prepared a stage layout we had never used before.

The main platform was located in the very center of the stadium, and it was circular. Not only did we need to adapt our equipment, but the choreographies were also adapted to be performed on a circular stage. They weren't changed much, only a few steps were added so that they could be enjoyed from any part of the stadium.

Aside from the massive screens on each side of the stadium, there was a circular hologram above the main platform, playing unique animations specifically made for the concert and animations adapted to be played on a circular display.

The clock was ticking, and it ticked harder and louder as the stadium filled up; we had been able to sell out the tickets.

Finally, the lights of the stadium turned off, and the suffocating rumble of the bass made the entire stadium tremble, along with the roar of the crowd.

A slow and nostalgic instrumental of the title tracks of each album began playing. The crowd gradually fell silent to listen to it.

Then, the biggest spotlights in the stadium snapped on to illuminate the center of the main platform, where the floor began to slide open.

The girls hadn't even become visible when the crowd began cheering. As soon as the elevator was high enough to show the girls, the loudest roar deafened my ears.

Once the elevator reached the level of the platform, it stopped, but the cheers didn't. The girls stood still, waiting for the cue to start. Their breathing was already heavy before they had even started, yet they still smiled and waved at the crowd.

As soon as the music started playing, the concert became just another concert for them.

They started with the song that made the most sense to start with, Blossom Stars, and proceeded to perform all of the songs from the four albums arranged in a way that they fit together well. This meant that the concert was going to have three interludes so the girls could rest, making the concert almost three hours long.

Obviously, the most cheered songs were the two songs performed with Aeryx. Her entrance was unexpected for the crowd since the previous song ended abruptly, just to have Aeryx emerge from the darkness of the center of the main platform.

I enjoyed every single second of the concert from an exclusive balcony along with the rest of the team that had already done their jobs, but with every second that passed, my smile weakened.

It was time for Dreams Of Yesterday. Even though I had watched the introductory video made for it, I couldn't bring myself to watch it on the massive screens again. Seeing all we had gone through was going to make me cry.

The video ended, and the song was supposed to start, but it didn't. Instead, I was blinded by the brightest light, making me cover my eyes with my arm.

Unexpectedly, Umi started talking.

"Everyone, we know you already saw it on the video, but we can't emphasize enough the vital role our manager played in our success. So, we'd like to introduce you to Kaito Miyahara."

The looks and cheers from the crowd should've petrified me, but the confusion was enough to overpower my nerves.

When did they…?

Aki added, "Kaito, why don't you come to the stage to give a short speech?"

The crowd cheered even louder.

What? No, I'm not that crazy to…

Suddenly, a hand rested on my shoulder. I turned around to see Butcher, who was ready to escort me down to the stage.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

The shortest path to the stage was walking downstairs through the grandstands, meaning I was surrounded by the crowd applauding me. Luckily, I had Butcher and another three bodyguards protecting me.

Eventually, I reached one of the platforms that extended almost all the way to the side of the stadium. More security guards had already made a narrow corridor between the crowd and myself so I could step onto the platform.

There still was a long way to the main platform, and for the first time in my life, I felt nauseated standing in front of a crowd.

What am I even going to say?

The girls grinned at me as they clapped when I approached them. They were going to pay for doing this to me.

Suddenly, I heard Miki's voice on my glasses.

"Boss, I plugged your glasses into the sound system. They can hear everything you say starting now."

My mind went blank in that instant. The nausea became stronger and stronger as the seconds passed. I even looked for a spot to vomit when Astra elbowed me.

"Thank you for supporting us," she whispered to me.

To my disbelief, that was enough to make words start flowing through my head again.

"I want to thank you for supporting us throughout the years," I said. "Even if you just learned about Blostars, you're more than welcome, and I hope you continue to enjoy Blostars in the coming years because they'll only become stronger."

The cheers from the crowd signaled to me that I had done a good job.

"I can't thank you enough," I added. "My manager career might have come to an end, but I'm proud to say that I became the manager of the first galactical idols."

The stadium roared, then I suddenly stopped hearing everything. I thought I had truly gone deaf, but I didn't. I was just engraving the moment in my brain.

The girls and I hugged before I had to jog back the way I came so that the girls could perform Dreams Of Yesterday. And to wrap up the tour, they performed Galaxy Horizons.

The crowd chanted Blostars' name as the elevator lowered under the platform. The floor closing didn't make a difference to the volume of their cheers.

I was waiting for them, and we hugged as soon as the elevator stopped. We didn't care about anything, we just kept hugging for as long as we could.

 

We celebrated like never before back at home, and we also cried like never before.

Over the following days, Aki, Risa, and Umi took their belongings out of HQ. Then, we threw a small farewell party that officially marked the end of the first era of Blostars.

I arrived at the office the next day. Aya, Tomokazu, Jun, Miki, Satō, Haru, and the rest of the team were already working. It wasn't common for me to see all of them already working since I always arrived somewhat early.

For the first time since working together, I said nothing and merely greeted them with a bittersweet smile.

Compared to the girls, I had very few personal belongings in the office, and in HQ in general. They were mostly souvenirs that I had collected throughout the years.

I slowly put everything in my backpack and a plastic box.

Although I didn't want it to end, I also couldn't wait to leave.

Finally, my desk was empty. I stared down at it, closed my eyes, and took a long, deep breath.

Suddenly, Aya hugged me from the side, and I didn't hesitate to return the sign of affection. She stepped back to allow Tomokazu, Jun, and Haru to do the same.

"I'll see you around, dear friend," smirked Tomokazu.

"Let's get some coffee later," grinned Aya.

I shook my head and smiled before putting my backpack on. I grabbed the plastic box and walked out of the office.

I had just reached the lobby when Haru spoke behind me.

"It was a pleasure working with you, Kaito," she smiled.

"Likewise, Haru."

We stood in silence for a moment.

"You know that you're always welcome, right?" she continued. "The new girls could use some help from an expert."

"Yes, I know. I'll think about it, but I don't promise anything. See you later."

"See you when you ask Aki to marry you."

I shook my head and turned around to nod goodbye to the receptionist. Butcher and Sugioka nodded at me before I did.

"Congratulations on the engagement," I smiled.

The cool breeze hit my face as soon as I stepped out. I took a look around the neighborhood before walking down the stairs. About to trip over a SweeperBot, I managed to avoid it. I shook my head as it continued doing its work down the sidewalk.

I stared at HQ from the outside. Haru waved goodbye at me from behind the window when someone called her. She disappeared from my sight, and it was time for me to leave as well.

I took one last breath and walked away into the next chapter of my life.

What should I do now? I wondered. Maybe I'll take a look at the pilot program Aki told me about.

 

The End.

Thank you very much for reading IBMFGI and joining me on this journey.

I have a lot of things to say, which I always post on my Patreon for free (follow me there or on Twitter for the latest news), but I'll make a summary here.

Before anything else, I want to mention that Blow's ebook is currently on sale to celebrate the end of IBMFGI.

About that, I'm sorry if you found the last stretch rushed. There wasn't much more I had to tell about Blostars, and I really didn't want to repeat the same situations but changed a little. This way, it starts and ends nicely.

Talking about the ending, the current ending was supposed to be the epilogue, but I ultimately decided to make it the ending since it wraps up the story perfectly. That's also the reason I won't publish the deleted epilogue anywhere but on Patreon, which you can read with the Follower Tier.

Regarding what's next for me, there are a lot of things (which you can read in-depth on my Patreon). There's Winds Of Fate, a (very short) tragic story. LifeSharp's return. Out In Touch, the last novel set in the Can't Touch universe. Velvet Avant-garde and exclusive sneak peeks. And I'm even planning to live-stream the process of writing CTCT: 2nd Edition.

I also have a few surprises up my sleeve, which I can't wait to show you. 😉

There also is an organized schedule for the coming months on my Patreon. You can find all of my links on my Carrd.

Once again, thank you. Please consider leaving a review.

0