Gathering Materials
121 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Damon will at some point gain a random ability. What should it be?
  • Enhanced Processing Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Danger Sense Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Psychometry Votes: 4 23.5%
Total voters: 17

     Damon, getting off the bus, does not see Arik but he supposes that Arik got off earlier. Not that it truly matters to Damon.

Damon takes out his cellphone as he gets off the bus to look for directions to the scrapyard. After 32 minutes of walking, Damon arrives at the scrapyard. As Damon enters through the front gate, a muscular man greets him, "Welcome, if you need anything, just let me know."

"Thank you, sir, I wonder if you have any scrap that I can take off your hands?" Damon inquiries.

"We do have scrap that we can't salvage in the warehouse but, why do you want something like that?" The muscular man queries while scratching his head.

"I need it for a project I am working on," Damon explains to the muscular man, omitting what the project is for.

"Alright, the warehouse where we keep the junk is to the left of the scrap cubes, just past the cars." The muscular man responds while he gets back to work.

"Thank you, sir," Damon replies, thankful he didn't question further about it.

Damon strolls past the smashed vehicles, inhales the acrid stench of motor oil and gasoline, then he sees the scrap cubes the man spoke about. Damon, arriving next to the scrap cubes, goes left to the big warehouse.

Stepping into the warehouse, Damon discovers there is no one in the warehouse, so he starts looking around at the heaps of junk. Damon walks toward the junk pile, glances around to make sure there are no cameras, then starts absorbing it. Every piece of scrap Damon touches seemed to dissolve into nothing as the nanites absorb it.

After absorbing quite a bit of junk, Damon stopped so people wouldn't suspect anything. Having absorbed a decent amount of scrap, he realizes that he needs to check how many materials he collected.

"ONM can you give me a list of the material and how much is collected."

[10kg/10kg Carbon collected
39kg/50kg Iron collected
0kg/55kg Water collected
0.5kg/1kg Titanium collected
3kg/5kg Aluminum collected
One Half Karat Diamond collected
4kg/5kg Silicon collected
2kg/5kg Lithium collected
2kg/2kg Copper collected]

Damon, seeing the list is almost complete, takes some junk so it would not be suspicious if that muscular man sees him again.

Damon walks out of the warehouse. Noticing that he only needs a little more titanium, he goes to where the smashed cars are stacked up because he remembers most white paints use titanium dioxide as the pigment.

Arriving at the smashed cars, Damon goes over to a white car. Just as Damon is going to use absorb, he realizes he does not even know if the nanites can take only the paint off.

"ONM, the nanites can absorb only the paint right, because it would cause suspicion if a whole car disappeared."

[ Of course, all you need do is imagine it when you active absorption.]

"That's good, thank you," Damon states as he releases a sigh of relief.

The white vanishes from the car as the nanites absorb it. After absorbing all the paint from the vehicle, Damon examines how much titanium it delivered to him.

[ 1kg/1kg Titanium collected]

Observing that the titanium is completed, Damon absorbs the broken pieces of glass on the ground to collect the rest of the silicon. Damon collects silicon for several minutes then sees if he gathered enough.

[ 5kg/5kg Silicon collected]

After absorbing the silicon, Damon decided to go back home as the rest of the materials could be easily gotten by asking his neighbors for scraps that they do not need.

Damon does not see that muscular man as he walks out of the scrapyard. As soon as Damon leaves he absorbs the scape he had incase the muscular man saw him.

Reaching the bus stop, Damon notices that the bus stop has a low hanging powerline. Damon looks around to make sure it's clear. Observing no one nearby, Damon envisions the nanites traveling up, from his outstretched arm to the powerline taking electricity from it. Damon makes sure to be observant while the nanites receive the power.

Following several minutes of taking in electricity, Damon stops as he hears the bus getting close. He sits down on a bench nearby and decides to inspect how much power he got.

"ONM, how much power do we have."

[ 1GW/10GW Energy collected.]

[ Wielder, if you collect the rest of the materials, this amount of energy could be used to repair the Basic Fusion Reactor in the Sub-dimensional Storage, making energy generation easier.]

Damon astounded that the ONM has a fusion reactor, shouts, "I thought you said the Sub-dimensional Storage was disabled!"

[ It is partially disabled. You can not put items in it and some items are sealed off.]

Subsequently to shouting, the bus arrives, the people on it give him a look as if he is crazy. Slightly embarrassed, Damon boards the bus.

Getting home, Damon goes around the neighborhood asking for scrap. He then carries all the material back home and then has the nanites absorb it all.

"Ok, ONM, what the progress on the materials?"

[ 10kg/10kg Carbon collected
50kg/50kg Iron collected
0kg/55kg Water collected
1kg/1kg Titanium collected
5kg/5kg Aluminum collected
One Half Karat Diamond collected
5kg/5kg Silicon collected
5kg/5kg Lithium collected
2kg/2kg Copper collected]

Damon, seeing all he needs is water, dashes to the kitchen to collect it. After several minutes of gathering water, he hears the ONM speak.

[ Congratulations Wielder, you have gathered all required materials to repair the Basic Fusion Reactor. Do you wish to use accumulated energy to do so?]

"Yes!" Damon excitedly exclaims.

"Also, ONM, you don't need to keep calling me Wielder you can just call me by my name," Damon reports to ONM.

[ Very well, Damon, initiating repair for Basic Fusion Reactor.]

[1%... 16%... 34%... 68%... 97%... Done.]

[ Basic Fusion Reactor ready to start. Initiate?]

"Yes," Damon affirmed.

[ Basic Fusion Reactor producing 5GW per hour.]

"You know, ONM, I can't keep calling you ONM, you need a name of your own as you're technically just one part of the ONM. What do you think of Omina?"

[ Changing designation to Omina."]

Damon looks at the clock to see that it is nearly 11 a.m. The Basic Fusion Reactor would produce the required energy in two hours, almost the same time the government guy would arrive, so he decides to play a video game until it's done.

1