Black Flames and Celebrations
126 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Merry Christmas, everyone. May you be gifted with countless blessings this coming year.

I'm back with the next chapter(s) of Not Yet. I'm with an extra Christmas gift as well.

You can read next 15 chapters up to Chapter 26 now on my Patron page.

Search 'Blackinfinity 1289' on the Patron website to get started.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Dragons/Demon” Dragons or Demons Speaking.

‘Dragon/Demon thought’ Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Not Yet

Chapter 11

Black Flames and Celebrations

Tenrou Island

As all of this was happening, something snapped in Naruto and for the first time, his eyes bled. A sudden rush of knowledge was felt by the blonde boy and as late as it is, his vision was filled with black flames. He can feel that the flames are coming out of his left eye.

"Amaterasu" were the words that he subconsciously uttered before seeing the damage they caused. He remembered these flames. The knowledge continued to set in while he was looking at the black flames in wonder. He doesn't know why he got this much knowledge of the flames, but he took it all in stride. 'Maybe the old gramps has something to do with this' thought Naruto and went through the knowledge.

'Amaterasu is a Mangekyō Sharingan dōjutsu, and the highest level of Fire Release. Said to represent the "Material World and Light", Amaterasu is the antipode to Tsukuyomi'. 'If I remember correctly, Itachi can use Amaterasu and he used when Ero-Sennin imprisoned in that Toad when they came for me. I think I can use like that as well' thought Naruto and continued to go through the information that came in.

'Amaterasu produces black flames at the focal point of the user's vision. In most situations, this makes Amaterasu impossible to avoid. However, techniques of extreme speed allow the avoidance or interception of the jutsu after it has been cast. Once created, the flames will not stop burning until their target is completely incinerated. The flames cannot be extinguished with water, the passage of time or any other normal methods, only the user can put the flames out. Said to be "the fires from hell" and to burn as hot as the sun itself, Amaterasu burns any material — other flames included — until nothing but ash remains. Amaterasu does not ordinarily require hand seals to be performed as it is a Dōjutsu ability.

Then a wild idea hit him. 'If it is called the representation of Material world and Light, then can it be used in conjunction with my Light simultaneously' thought Naruto. He will admit that is a wild idea he got and can see the amount of damage such jutsu can cause.

'Man, it would be great see what happens. Ok, goal set. Work on a way to combine Amaterasu with Light Magic and if possible or with any other magics as well. It is going to be great' thought the blonde boy unable to sense a lone figure walking towards him, he is playing with the black flames he just got. Soon, his right eye also started to bleed.

With Mira

Mira was walking aimlessly in the forest of Tenrou Island. Even though she is disappointed that she didn't make the S-class, she is more scared of the fact that she bullied Naruto. It is not completely bullying, but making fun of him in front of others is not taken well she supposed.

She made fun of so many people before, but anyone didn't make her more self-conscious than the blonde boy. She always had this feeling of inferiority around Naruto that she couldn't tolerate. She made fun of him so that she can kick his ass in a fight and prove that she is stronger than him to herself if he ever challenged her.

But when she felt and saw the fight between Naruto and Gildarts, all her confidence vanished like a small shadow in front of the Sun. For the first time in her life, she saw a boy/man stand up to Gildarts, a man, she thought impossible to beat in a fight. His power terrified her. But there was this question in the back of her mind.

'If he had this much power, why didn't he respond or retort to her during all those times she offended/bullied him' she can't understand that. So to clear her mind, she is roaming around the forest to clear some pent up anger.

Then she felt it, a magic spike. That spike came in the direction of the Tenrou tree. She thought of seeing whom it was from, so she walked closer to the tree. There she saw him, his dress torn to shreds and he was looking around like a lost monkey with these weird black flames in his hands which have a rather ominous look to them.

'No, not a monkey. He looks more like a fox. Maybe like a lost kit', she thought to herself. She thought of her plan of action. In front of her was a half-naked boy looking around like he is lost. She has 2 options, one to confront him here and now and deal with the consequences or to shrug everything off as if nothing happened. Mira choose the first option and walked toward the blonde boy.

"Hey, blondie. Lost your way here" said Mira, as she walked towards Naruto.

Naruto looked up to see a white-haired girl walk towards him. She is wearing a one-piece dress which is quite revealing. He felt blood rush to his cheeks but he suppressed it with the help of Self-control he mastered from his long training.

"Uhm, I think I'm searching for my dress," he said in a half-straight and half embarrassed tone.

"What, are you embarrassed or something? Never saw a beautiful woman like me," said Mira as she walked close to Naruto. Though she wanted to confront him, she couldn't help but retort at his careless reply.

"Well, you can say that. I saw so many beautiful women in my life, but not one who is sexy and badass at the same time" said Naruto with a smirk. It is Mira's time to blush at his comment.

"Are you trying to hit on me, blondie?" shouted Mira. Again, that feeling of inferiority plaguing her.

"Of course, who in their right mind would not do it," said Naruto, opening a scroll and taking spare clothes out. He started to take his pants off and wear his new pants while giving a nice show to Mira.

Naruto's body is lean and athletic with more muscle than fat. He has a healthy 6 pack while his muscles are well defined and his face with no baby fat makes him a perfect husband candidate for any normal woman and Mirajane is no normal woman.

"Like what you see" teased Naruto and the next thing she did shocked him. She leapt on him and kissed, lip to lip. After that, they went with the flow. After a small make-out session which ended when both of them lost their breaths, they separated.

Mira has a victorious smirk on her face. "That is what happens when you try to embarrass the She-Devil," she said and gave him a victory sign.

"Ok, I admit. That was hot. But tell me, did you kiss anyone before" asked Naruto as he came out of his daze.

"Ah, no. I didn't"

"Oh my, are you trying to bag me from other women?" asked Naruto with a teasing smile.

"WHAT!" yelled Mira in outrage.

"Y-you se-see, I didn't do it to bag you or anything. I just did it to prove my point. I'm superior to you and that's it. No discussions on this matter further" said Mira with a little stutter and walked off in frustration. What happened was completely opposite to what she had planned.

"As you wish. I won't say this to anyone" assured Naruto. Mira heard but didn't respond to it.

"Hmm, I didn't expect this, but everything doesn't go as we plan them to," said Naruto and started his exploration of the Island.

As time passed, Naruto reached other members of the Fairy Tail Guild on the Island. He expected them to yell at him, but they didn't. He sat with all the other members who didn't leave the Island yet.

"Ah, Naruto, you are back. You did well in your test. Congratulations on making the S-class" said Wakaba.

"What are you talking about, he is the youngest S-class as well. Give him some credit" said Macao.

"Don't listen to him. He is just sad that we didn't make it" said Macao.

"Can you explain about the youngest part?" asked Naruto.

"Well, you and Erza are born in the same year, Year X765. But her birthday was in June while your's was in October. Which makes you younger than her. Since both of you made S-class, you are recognised as the youngest S-class mage by the Master and soon, the Council as well. Congratulations on that" said Macao and patted Naruto on his shoulder.

"Uhm, thanks," said Naruto awkwardly. There was a moment of awkwardness in the camp area which was resolved by the arrival of Makarov.

"Ah, Naruto, you are here. Can you come with me" said the Old Guild Master. Naruto nodded and followed him. They walked for some time and reached a set of stone buildings. Naruto can sense a sliver of magic from surroundings that could only belong to the buildings and surroundings. There was something here which by the looks of it was destroyed a long time ago and only ruins remain.

"Naruto, this is our Guild Library. Like in the Main Library. I heard stories that our first Master read here and learned her magic" said Makarov in a solemn tone. Fairy Tail's first master is one of the saddest points as she is not known to any of the younger generations and she is the Godmother of Makarov Dreyar, the current Guild Master. Though he didn't share it with anyone.

"Wow. I guess there would be a lot of books on various kinds of Magic there, wouldn't it?" asked Naruto in excitement.

"Indeed, my boy. There are lots of books that are waiting for you to read. I thought of showing this to Levi when she makes it S-class, but it seems you got first here" said Makarov with a smile.

"Does this have any restricted section or something or can I read everything available?" asked Naruto in excitement.

"There are some books which are restricted, but since you made S-Class, I guess you can read them as well. You can read till we start to our Guild tomorrow. I don't want you to bring any books from here. Keep them where they were" said Makarov and left Naruto to his devices.

In a puff of smoke, 100 clones came into existence. All waiting for the original's orders.

"Ok, boys. I want you to find whatever is available about this Island and how it has this unique smell. Let's have some fun" said Naruto and all the clones grinned. He already sent a Clone in disguise to the Council office in Era to do some espionage there. He is going to start his plan soon and the Council will learn their lesson soon.

He wants to learn more about a group of people he found recently. And thought the Council has good information on them as they are the ones who appoint and put them under control generally. The group he is thinking about is called the 10 Wizard Saints. The way he found them is interesting, to say the least.

Flashback a few days ago

"Hey, where is Gramps," asked Natsu.

"He went to Wizard Saints conference," said Gray, picking his ear.

"Huh. That again. I thought they met yearly" said Natsu.

"Guess what, they want to meet now and he went, didn't you any attention when he said don't cause any trouble to you specifically, dead brain," said Gray.

"What did you say, stripping mummy?" said Natsu, a vein popping on his head.

"Are you mocking me"

"As if,"

"Let's fight, here and now"

"Bring it" and it descended into another Guild brawl which was stopped when Erza came and smacked both Natsu and Gray with her swords.

Flashback End

After that, he started investigating these people and found nothing about who they are and what they are famous for. There is nothing about how it came to be or what are their duties. That's why he sent a clone to Magic Council headquarters in Era, Fiore.

He found something interesting there.

'The Ten Wizard Saints are ten extremely powerful and skilled Mages of the Ishgar continent.

History

To become a member of the Ten Wizard Saints, a Mage must be granted this title by the Chairman of the Magic Council. There are different types of Mages who hold this prestigious title, though a few are known to be S-Class Mages of their respective guilds or even Guild Masters. In fact, some members of the Ten Wizard Saints do not even belong to guilds and can even be a part of the Magic Council. They are a group of the strongest people in Ishgar who were under the Command of the Magic Council. The current top four of the 10 Wizard Saints are-

1. God Serena

2. Draculos Hyberion

3. Wolfheim

4. Warrod Sequen

These 4 combined are called The 4 Gods of Ishgar far surpassing human limits'.

Read the book from his Clone's memories. There was no mention of any other members of the Wizard Saints by the Council. That means either they are not that strong or belong to some Guild to be freely called by the Council. He knew his Guild Master, Makarov Dreyar, to be one of them. He is going to find more about this group as well and then come to finalise his plan of action against the Magic Council.

Next Day Afternoon, Hargeon

As Naruto collected information as much as he could, he couldn't even scratch the large library even with all his clones. They collectively read it and even 2% of the library was not completed. Most of it has a history of the Tenrou Island and its previous Guild, Red Lizard Guild and some information of the first and second Trade wars in Ishgar.

There are some interesting facts about the Tenrou Tree and some spells created by the first master which he fully intended to master. They are just plain awesome and add to the fact that yet are light-based spells closed the deal. He want to test them with his Light Slayer Magic.

"Ok, brats let's go to our Guild," said Makarov and everyone started walking towards Hargeon Station to catch a train to Magnolia.

"Hey, kid," said Gildarts, calling Naruto.

"Huh, what," asked Naruto. Gildarts gestured towards himself and Naruto walked to the Older Man.

"Naruto, I'm very proud of you. I want you to know that you far surpassed what I have ever expected of you in our last fight" said Gildarts, his emotions running wild.

"Ok, but what does have to do with you calling me aside like this" asked Naruto, confused.

"Well, I just want to admit you surpassed me and give the win to you," said Gildarts and Naruto's eyes lit up at that.

"That makes us even then," asked Naruto with a smile and Gildarts nodded.

"Yes, but I want you to promise me something," asked Gildarts, seriously.

"If it comes to it, protect the Guild with everything you have. I know you didn't use your full power in our fight" said Gildarts with a knowing smile.

"WHAT?. No. I used it-" Naruto was cut off as Gildarts put his hand on his head.

"That's ok, Naruto. I'm not going to feel insulted by that. I just want you to know that when it comes to protecting people you cherish, don't hold back just to keep your little secret, ok" asked Gildarts.

Naruto contemplated the man's words for some time. He is holding his Wood Dragon God Slayer Magic, not to demean them or something. It's just a secret weapon against Acnologia. That is why he is practising the creation art with it not using the magic solely for destruction or attacks.

He knew well how the Guild would react if they knew his Dragon God Slayer heritage. He is not afraid of that. But he is not going to make them a target just so that he wants to show off his power. After all, Dragon Gods are feared for a reason and they should not be trifled with.

But what Gildarts said has merit. He did not intend to hold back when it comes to Acnologia or any other Dragon that attacks Fairy Tail. But he is holding back just to keep everyone safe and using it secretly, repairing the damaged areas by other members or himself during jobs. If it really comes to that, he is not going to hold back. It's just like being a Jinchuriki in the Shinobi world.

How people there are not aware of the power of Jinchuriki except the Shinobi and village leaders, people here don't know the full extent of a Dragon Slayer's power.

He had no doubt that if they knew, they are going to fight a bloody war to get their hands on one of them. Maybe Dragons going extinct is one of the reasons for that. After all, they are effectively time travelled here from 400 years ago. No wonder that they knew so little about the lost magic.

He is not going to lose his family again, first time he lost his parents during the Kyuubi attack because of his infancy and lack of knowledge. Next time he lost his father because of his weakness and lack of understanding. But he is not going to lose them again. That is why he is keeping Sirius close to him.

"I promise, Gildarts. If it comes to that, I'm not gonna hold back"

"Good. Now let's move, I think we are going to celebrate" said Gildarts and moved to the rest of the members who reached the train station.

Scene Break

After a few hours,
Fairy Tail Guild Hall, Magnolia

All members of the Guild are gathered in the Guild Hall waiting excitedly for the return of their Guild members. With a loud Sieren, the town began to shift and a straight path to Guildhall was made.

"Wow, they are back. It is the Gildarts shift" said Lisanna. Lisanna Strauss is a young petite girl with blue eyes. Her hair was quite long, and she wore a short, dark red dress with a white collar and bow. Upon her arms above her elbows, she wore gold rings with a pale pink fabric flowing down from them. She wore tall, black socks along with brown shoes. Her Fairy Tail Guild Mark was just below her left shoulder. She is the youngest of the Strauss siblings.

"Do you think Mira made it? '' asked a meek voice from the background. Lisanna turned back to see her brother Elfman. Elfman is the middle sibling with Mirajane being the eldest. He is a shy boy who doesn't have many accomplishments in Magic as he can't do a full body take-over like his sisters. Elfman donned a more elegant, Western-looking attire, consisting of a black suit over a white shirt, with a red papillon around the neck, and polished dark shoes.

"Of course, Elfman. She is strong" assured Lisanna.

"Hey Gray, do you think Mira, Wakaba, Macao, Erza or Naruto made it," asked Natsu. The link haired Fire Dragon Slayer unable to stop his excitement.

"Hmm, I don't know about Macao and Wakaba man," said Gray.

"Why not, they are strong" replied Natsu.

"Maybe so, but don't you think they are 'old' " asked Gray.

"I don't know their age, by ya. I think so"

"Well, Mira, Naruto and Erza are young and strong"

"What about Mystogan and Cana," asked Natsu.

"Mystogan is a big mystery, while Cana has a chance. Did you forget, Gildarts is a going to test someone? You should count the unlucky person who fights him out" said Gray.

"Yeah. That guy is a monster. So who do you think will make it" asked Natsu.

"I assure you, Naruto will be in it" came a new voice. When they both turned, they saw Sirius, sitting on a stool beside them on another table drinking some orange juice.

"Hmm, what is your name again, Crisis, Sause?" said Natsu.

"I think it is Sirius, Natsu," said Happy as he walked towards Natsu in an injured state. Natsu caught him immediately and asked what happened, but Happy passed out.

"We just spared," said Sirius again.

"What?" Shouted Natsu and Gray.

"Yes, that cat is boasting his amazing fishing skills and so we had a spar. I caught more fish than him and as per the bet, for every fish I caught, I took all his fish as I won and it ended like this, Happy kept on catching fish to pay my due and exhausted himself" said Sirius gesturing to a passed out Happy.

"I must admit, you should have outstanding fishing skills to beat Happy like that," said Gray in acknowledgement.

"Well, I have. Now for the question at hand. I'm sure Naruto will make and am confident Erza or Mira would make it as well"

"What about Mystogan," asked Natsu, putting Happy on his shoulder.

"I didn't see the guy yet and can't make a good enough estimate on him," said Sirius. Both Natsu and Gray nodded at that. What Sirius said is true. Mystogan is like a ghost. Only a few know he even exists in the Guild. From there it descending on what are the strengths and weaknesses of all the candidates of the S-class trials.

As the chit chat went on, the Guild doors opened to show all the members who went to Tenrou except for Laxus and of course the mystery member is missing. They all walked in silently and all the members gave them space to lead to the stage. Makarov went up on the stage. He cleared his throat to speak.

"My dear children, I'm delighted to introduce to you not 1 but 2 new S-class mages of Fairy Tail," said Makarov and everyone cheered.

"First, I appreciate the efforts of other members who participated in the Trails. Don't be disappointed that you didn't make it. Work hard, you have the potential to be S-class" said Makarov and everyone applauded.

"I call Erza Scarlet and… Naruto Uzumaki to come to the stage" said Makarov and everyone understood who the 2 new S-class mages are.

"My dear children, Erza Scarlet and Naruto Uzumaki passed the S-class trials with flying colours. After they reached our Guild's Sacred island, they fought against their opponents valiantly and got their approval" said Makarov in pride.

"Who did they fight against, Gramps," asked Natsu enthusiastically.

"Erza fought against me while Naruto fought against... Gildarts," said Makarov, dropping the bomb. The Guild members were shocked.

"WHAT?" they all yelled in unison, making the Guild roof to pop out comically. They couldn't believe it. A new guy fighting Gildarts and not only survived, but got his approval to become an S-Class mage. They all looked at Naruto once again. The blonde felt uncomfortable by all their attention and replied in a sheepish tone to break the ice.

"I guess I'm strong, huh," he said and rubbed the back of his head, sheepishly. There was a bright flash of light which made everyone except the people on the stage look at the light instead of closing their eyes. They all looked into a pair of blood Red eyes which has a ring and 3 commas in them spinning.

"Sharingan: Genjutsu'' said Naruto and put them in a Genjutsu. A Genjutsu which doesn't affect anything but the fact of his battle. Instead of the flashy way Makarov explained his win against Gildarts, they will remember it as a fluke. A one-time fluke that managed to land a hit on the Ace Of Fairy Tail. A hit that managed Gildarts to make his decision.

Also, the Genjutsu makes this memory a docile one only remembered when they are concentrating on finding it. No one is spared from it. It was the people who actually saw who knew what happened. Everyone other member of the Guild believes it to be a one time win.

Erza elbowed Makarov who cleared his throat again to gain the attention of his children as the light which shone brilliantly was gone and so he spoke.

"Well, my children, you know the song. It's time to CELEBRATE" he shouted. That managed to snap everyone out of their trance.

"I forgot to mention. Not only Naruto an S-class mage, but he is also the youngest S-class mage in history" said Makarov and earned cheers again.

"You did it, man," said Gray.

"Naruto, fight me" yelled Natsu.

"Congratulations, Naruto," said a shy Elfman.

"Show 'em what you are made of" yelled other members.

"In honour of our 2 new S-class mages, we are going to celebrate," said Makarov and everyone gave their response in one word.

"YEAH," they yelled and started to drink senselessly.

"First, let's listen to what our new S-class have to say," said Makarov and turned all the attention to Erza and Naruto. Before Naruto could speak, Erza cleared her throat and stepped forward.

"On my honour as a warrior, I promise to protect Fairy Tail and everyone in our Guild with my life," said Erza which earned loud cheers across the Guildhall. Naruto sealed the Guild from the town. He knew well how parties can be noisy and long. He also stepped forward and cleared his throat to give his speech.

"When it comes to honour, I promise to uphold the name of Fairy Tail in the history of Fiore," said Naruto. Nobody understood what he was saying, but clapped nonetheless. He just stepped forward and made the hand sign. The hand sign in which all of the fingers except the index finger and thumbs are open, the thumb pointing upwards.

All clapped in and made the same gesture. That was a sign made and explained by Makarov Dreyar, the Third Guild Master.

Its meaning is simple:

"Even if I can't see you... no matter how far away you may be... I will always be watching you." - Makarov Dreyar. He read about the significance and usage of that symbol in a copy of 'Guide to Fairy Tail ', written by Makarov Dreyar. After that, they cheered even louder.

As the cheers died down, they closed in on Erza and Naruto to congratulate them. After that as per the customs of Fairy Tail, a big party is thrown and soon, a Guild brawl started.

Erza didn't stop them, nor did Naruto or any of the sane members. They all sat at a table on the second floor and enjoyed the brawl. Makarov in satisfaction, others in contentment. Sirius was sleeping happily in Naruto's lap.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

And with this, 3 abilities of Naruto's Mangekyou are selected. Only one ability remains which you can write to me and I'll select the most interesting one.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

9