Unforeseen Predicament
85 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter(s) of Not Yet. 

You can read next 10 chapters up to Chapter 26 now on my Patron page.

Just search for 'BlackInfinity1289' on the Patron website to get started.

If any of you are interested in Harry Potter fanfics, check out my new story, Broken Shackles.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Dragons/Demon” Dragons or Demons Speaking.

‘Dragon/Demon thought’ Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Not Yet

Chapter 16

Unforeseen Predicament

After listening to Natsu for the evening, Naruto and Sirius rested in a hotel for the night and continued their journey the next day.

"Ok, Natsu, I'll be on my way then," said Naruto.

"What, already? Come on, fight me!" Yelled Natsu, preparing to fight.

"No, I'll be back in no time. This is the last job in our line of jobs and will be back in a few days. I'll fight you when I return"

"Man, I thought of fighting you now," said a disappointed Natsu.

"Don't worry, when I return, I promise, I'll fight" assured Naruto. That managed to lift the mood of the sulking Dragon Slayer.

"By the way, aren't you gonna give him?"

"Yea, I'll," said Sirius and turned to a floating Happy.

"Here, take these," said Sirius and with a hand seal, a large bag came into existence.

"Wha-what is this?" Asked Happy.

"What! You always yell about it, can't you identify it? You stupid cat?" Said Sirius in an annoyed tone. Happy's nose picked up on a familiar scent after that comment by Sirius.

"Are all these fishies!" Asked Happy, elated.

"Yup"

"Aye, Sir. I'll do whatever you say" said Happy in a dreamy tone and jumped on the bag.

"Ok, then, I'll be on my way," said Naruto and with a last goodbye and Happy muttering something incoherent, Naruto and Sirius left Peace village.

"I think I forgot something?" Said Natsu, scratching his head.

"Aye, Sir," said Happy, still in an overjoyed state.

"Whatever, Happy, let's go to Magnolia," said Natsu and they started their journey to Magnolia.

The thing they both forgot to say is about Council Summons. Since Naruto stopped repairing the damages he caused, the Magic Council took notice of this and summoned him to ask some 'questions'.

Since Naruto is not in Guildhall, they can't take anyone else or give a warning to anyone else. This caused a ripple effect among the Guild. They didn't expect their soft going newbie to be so much destructive.

Every member was given the order to intimate Naruto of this matter and go to the Magic Council office at Era as soon as possible. But Natsu forgot this small detail out of the stories he told Naruto in the happenings of the Guild.

Natsu and Happy happily returned to Fairy Tail after a successful job and promise of Naruto to fight for Natsu and a bag full of flying fish for Happy. Poor fellows didn't know they are going to suffer the wrath of the Guild because of their lack of memory.

With Naruto

Naruto and Sirius made it out of Peace Village and decided to fly for some time.

"Say, are you gonna fight Natsu?"

"Why do you doubt it?"

"It's not like that. Why the sudden interest, Tou-chan?"

"No, it's not like that, Siri-chan, you see, as a fellow Dragon Slayer and Guild mate, don't you think testing his strength is a good measure?" Asked Naruto with a smile. They are talking in their mother tongue and Naruto calls Sirius like that only when they are alone and the same goes for Sirius as well.

"It's not like you can train him in his Dragon element, Tou-chan"

"Yes, I can't train him in his element, however, don't you think our normal fire style jutsu with Dragon Slayer magic added to the mix will be strong?" Asked Naruto with a smirk.

"Hehehehehe, I should have known. Yes, that would be awesome" said Sirius with the same smirk as Naruto's. They laughed at the chaos they are going to bring on this world like lunatics. Due to them being flying thousands of feet in the sky, no one heard it.

"Era, such a beautiful town," said Naruto with nostalgia. The village reminded him so much of Konoha. The hill made it the perfect replication for the Hokage Monument.

Era is a large town, built around a high, rocky mountain. The mountain nested the headquarters of the highest authority in the world of Magic, the Magic Council. The rocky mountain is located in the heart of the city, and it features a jagged pathway that encircles the circumference of the mountain as an entrance into the Council headquarters. The town is surrounded by forestry and snow-peaked mountains, which can be seen from the Magic Council headquarters meeting room. Naruto flew happily above it, not aware of anything happenings in the Council.

After a day, Malta Town

After a day of their journey, they reached Malta town just before noon. Naruto can see and feel the tension and fear among people. He and Sirius landed in the middle of the village and walked to the Mayor office.

"Excuse me, we're from Fairy Tail. We're are here on a job" said Naruto and showed the receptionist their flier. He don't know why, but Naruto had a feeling of dread. As soon as he entered the town, he felt something odd. He can't put his finger on it yet.

"Yes, the mayor is waiting for you," said the receptionist and sent them toward a small door to the side of the room. They knocked and entered after getting permission.

"We're from Fairy Tail and we are here to take care of the Undead problem," said Naruto politely.

"Yes, I heard all that. I thank you for coming. My name is Karl. Please be seated" said Karl, politely.

Unlike all the mayors' Naruto saw till now, this mayor is young. Karl is a young man with fair hair in a bowl cut hairstyle muck like Guy's in Naruto's opinion. He has narrow gold eyes with long lashes.

He wears a dark, long-sleeved formal jacket under a light, furred mantle with an attached robe that reaches nearly to his ankles. The front of his mantle is decorated with an ornate chain and clasp. The collar of his jacket is trimmed with fur and has six diamond-shaped ornaments placed horizontally across the front.

"Who can use Holy magic among you?" Asked Karl.

"It's me," said Naruto.

"Can I see?" Karl asked tentatively.

"Not to disrespect you or anything. You see, the number of mages we called here was high and most of them came for the rewards but none could use Holy Magic. The only one who had managed to repel some of the undead but fell victim to them at the end. Currently, we made a pact with the Undead, so we at least have some time to breathe" said Karl in a plain tone. This piqued Naruto's interest.

"Deal your say? Can they speak and understand you?" He asked Curiously.

"Y-yes. Their leader, the Undead King, can understand us. The deal is that we send them skilled mages to fight and they won't harm us" said Karl. Naruto's curiosity peaked at this.

"Wow. What do they get in return?"

"Huh, skilled enemies to fight and I don't know clearly, but I had a suspicion that either feed on the body or they make the mages one of them," he said in a low tone.

"When does this deal end?" Asked Sirius.

"I guess they got bored because of the weak mages we're sending, last week their messenger came to us and said that they need stronger toys to play and in 3 days, our deal ends," he said in a disappointed tone.

"That's why you increased the class of the job to S-class?" Asked Sirius in a serious tone.

"Yes, we are fed up with this and want some peace in our lives. Moreover, they see it as a game. I can't bear this. Please, help us" pleaded Karl.

"Yes, we'll, don't worry," said Naruto and Sirius nodded. Naruto something at this, Karl's expression darkened for a second and it changed in an instant. This unsettled him.

"Can we go now or should we wait till the time ends?" Asked Naruto with caution. Something is definitely wrong here.

"I don't know. Every time some mages come, the representative of their side will come seeking an audience. If my guess is correct, he'll be here in a few minutes'' said Karl and as said, a knock was heard on the door. Karl allowed the person in.

Naruto and Sirius took a good look at the person who came in. He is a skeleton wearing clergy robes with a high collared white dress and gold buttons on it. Naruto was shocked by his appearance.

"Hello, Karl. I got the information that 2 new mages have entered the town" said the skeleton in a masculine tone.

"Yes, Holder. These are the mages" said Karl, gesturing to Naruto and Sirius.

"Let me introduce myself, mages of… Fairy Tail. My name is Holder, I'm representative and second in command of the Necromancer group in Malta. Good to make your acquaintance" Said Holder clearly.

"Ah, yes. My name is Naruto and this is my companion, Sirius. Glad to meet you, Holder" said Naruto and they shook hands as if making friends. This confused Naruto.

'What's going on? What the hell are these skeletons thinking coming and talking to humans as if it is normal. Are they dumb or is this part of their strategy' thought Naruto? Naruto discreetly activated his Sharingan and scanned the skeleton in front of him. What he saw surprised him.

'What! How does he have this much power? Is it a result of staying here or is there any other reason for this?' He thought, analysing the situation.

Meanwhile, Sirius was shocked. He can sense it as well. 'What is this feeling of fear and death? Why am I getting this feeling?' He thought, chilled to the bone.

Though Karl couldn't see it, he knew something was up. Soon after Holder came, Naruto and his companion's expressions changed. It is as if something invisible to him is going on.

"Naruto and Sirius, is it? If you are comfortable, can you come with me? I have some things to discuss with you" said, Holder. Naruto and Sirius nodded and followed Holder.

They walked for some time and went outside of Malta Town and Naruto's feeling of dread increased and his senses picked it.

"Siri, move," he said and pulled Sirius towards him. The next moment, a large spear flew past them.

"Kekekeke, you are smarter than I thought," said Holder, laughing maniacally. Naruto knew better than to argue. They were in enemy territory and they foolishly followed the enemy without any precaution. He saw the person who threw and got the shock of the day. It was Karl.

"I'm sorry that I missed, Lord-Holder" apologised Karl. Naruto sensed a large group approaching them.

"I see, so all this is a trap to lure mages and humans alike" concluded Naruto aloud.

"Kekekekeke, as I thought. You are smarter than I thought. Since you escaped our surprise attack, I'll tell you" said Holder and started talking.

"We are loyal servants of Lord-Keyes. We collect strong mages for him while he gives us humans as food. The Great Lord-Keyes created us wi-" Holder started praising Keyes after that.

'Why should I get into troublesome situations like these?' grumbled Naruto. He couldn't help but envy Shikamaru in times like these. Over his training period, he managed to learn shogi. He really understood the intelligence of the Nara boy then.

"I know that you are a Holy magic-user. So I'm gonna take you down first" said, Holder. All the people Naruto sensed approaching came into view. They are all skeletons as well.

"Meet our Skeleton army," said Holder calmly. There are 15 skeletons in a group with small swords in hand. They all are the weakest Skeletons with the very lowest power and Naruto can see that these are the largest in the total strength as he can spot at least another 100 groups like this come from all sides. As a group of 15, their combined battle strength would be C-class at best, but they have numbers.

"Next, we have our Giants. Skeleton Giants" introduced Holder.

The Giant Skeleton is an 8-foot tall figure. He is a powerhouse, Naruto can feel it. It appears as a colossal skeleton wearing a brown hat with a large gunpowder barrel on his back and a bomb in his hand.

"Isn't he handsome?" Mocked Holder and continued his explanation.

"We also have Silencers as we-" Holder was interrupted by Naruto.

"Stop it. I'm not here for a pick nick. Come on, tell me your numbers. I'll deal with it?" Asked Naruto in a bored tone.

"Kekekekeke. Aren't you a feisty one? Ok, I'll entertain it. We have a total of 5000 skeletons, 100 Skeleton Giants and 50 Silencers. And Me and Lord-Lock" said Holder in a proud tone.

'Lock? Did the guy really keep his name as Lock? What a weird bunch. It can't be helped I guess. If their leader is called Keyes, there is no wonder he named them Lock and Holder.

"Ok, let me tell you this after I'm done with you, there will be nothing left for you to lock or hold," said Naruto in a serious tone.

"What a sense of humour. I like you. But I'm not going to let that happen" said Holder in a calm tone.

"Oh, I think I forgot to say, anyone who dies in our hands will become one of us," said with a cruel laugh.

"Siri, wait for me," said Naruto. Before Sirius could protest, a small distortion in space opened a vortex near him and he was sucked away.

'Kamui' thought Naruto. He sighed in relief. That last fact scared him. He can't afford to loose his son, not after they came a long way. 'I'm going to deal with them fast' thought Naruto and his expression hardened.

"Come, Holder. I'm going to be your death" said Naruto, all his jovial attitude gone, replaced by a cold look and a steel resolve.

"Kekekekeke, as you wish, ATTACK" yelled Holder and the army moved at once.

"Sing, Benihime," said Naruto. A red light shot to the sky from his sword. The light then came out as a wide arc and killed many Skeletons who stood in her way. The sword, Benihime was an heirloom to the Uzumaki Clan and only recognises one Uzumaki as its master in a generation. This is his mother's sword as well. He learnt how to use her and all the techniques to perfection. It's been a long time since he used Benihime.

Benihime chose him as her master only after he got the Light All Slayer Magic. The sword has a particular liking to his Light Magic as well.

Benihime is a special sword as it is not only made of highly conductive chakra metal but also Hihiirokane, a highly conductive weapon for heat and light. Benihime was imbued in Kyuubi's Chakra by his mother, Kushina, and she withstood the corrosive aspect of the chakra and gave outstanding results.

That inspired Naruto to imbue Benihime with his Light All Slayer Magic and the results were outstanding as well. The attack was highly destructive, able to destroy a multi-level tree which is hundreds of feet with one strike. That's why he only uses her on rare occasions. And this situation calls for her use.

"Sing," said Naruto and used the same attack and killed so many of the skeletons. Naruto can see the damage was lethal, killing anyone it touches. Skeletons, being small in size, escaped from the attack but the shock wave from the attack managed to kill many of them as well.

Out of the 1500 skeletons that surrounded Naruto, 500 skeletons were killed because of the attacks and out of the 20 Skeleton Giants that came, just 3 were killed because of the direct hit and 2 injured. Holder is still looking smugly at Naruto.

"Kekekekekeke. See, you can't even kill them with that powerful attack" he mocked. Naruto smirked at Holder.

"Who told you that these are my powerful attacks. How about this, if I kill all these dumb fools in one attack, you will show me where Lock is? Is that fair for you?" Asked Naruto confidently.

"One attack you say, hmm, interesting. Yes, I'll do it" said, Holder. Holder observed Naruto carefully. Naruto formed a red shield around him and announced his next attack.

"Shred, Benihime," said Naruto. Shred is an attack that fires a barrage of light bullets from his shield. The bullets explode when they come into contact with anything, affecting a wide area.

Holder saw agape, all his army shredded into pieces as soon as the bullets hit them. It also had an explosive effect and it didn't give skeletons any chance to escape or take cover as the attack is very fast.

"How dare you?" Shouted Holder in outrage. He couldn't explain the shock he felt. All the people they lured to this place were killed in a single attack. They are all freshers so to speak. But he couldn't stomach it.

"I'll make you pay!" Yelled Holder and lunged towards Naruto, only to phase through him like he was a ghost.

"Ah, ah, ah. You gave me your word, Holder. Now, move or I'll make you" said Naruto, coming behind Holder and Naruto's eyes turned blood red with 3 tomoes spinning in them.

"Sharingan: Memory Scan," said Naruto. In few seconds, he went through all the memories of Holder. There were some blanks here and there that may be a result of memory modification or wiping, but what he told about his army was not true. They are larger than expected.

They are double what Holder told Naruto. 'I think I should prepare that spell' he thought. Naruto found their headquarters a few kilometres into the woods.

'It's a good thing I sent Sirius into Kamui Dimension' thought Naruto. The sheer numbers can overwhelm weak-hearted, though Sirius is strong, Naruto doesn't want to scar the young Jaguar so early in his life. Naruto fought battles like this in his world, maybe not this many people, but he knew how to deal with numbers.

Naruto teleported into his Kamui dimension to talk with his son and took Holder along with him in a black vortex.

Naruto's Kamui Dimension is a world filled with beaches and gardens. It has a large hill to the side and a building to the left, where a small house is situated. He walked into the house to see Sirius looking at the sky, upset.

"Come on, big guy. I know you want to fight, but when one careless move will turn you into a skeleton-like that, I don't want to chances" said Naruto with emotion.

"You are always like this, blontie. Every time if there is something dangerous, you'll send me here or tell me to hide"

"It's not like that, Siri. You know why I do that"

"How many times should I understand? Why don't you give me a chance" yelled Sirius?

"Siri-"

"No, next time if something like this happens, I'm gonna fight them with you, is that clear?" Said, Sirius. Naruto didn't get to say otherwise and he could see the look of steel and determination in his cute son's eyes and agreed.

"Ok, but I'll train you harder to reach that level, ok?" Said Naruto and Sirius nodded with determination.

"It's settled"

"Pinky promise?" Asked Sirius, extending his pinky towards Naruto.

"Yes, pinky promise," said Naruto, holding Sirius's finger with his pinky and ruffled his fur.

"Touchy moment" came the voice of Holder.

"Yes, it is. I'm going to deal with you idiots now. Is there something else that you hid from your mind?" asked Naruto? He knew how people can seal their minds with magic to stop their enemies from seeing sensitive information.

"No, but I'll tell you this, if Amon awakens, even with all your power, you will be dead," he said and laughed maniacally.

"I don't think you'll be alive to see it," said Naruto. Just like that, black flames lit on his body and nothing remained of him.

"Stay here, Siri. I'll be back" said Naruto and vanished into another black vortex. Sirius didn't see his father using his Mangekyou this much till now.

'Maybe he was right, I can't handle them' thought Sirius. Naruto appeared in front of a large cemetery. The cemetery was full of malice and blood lust.

'Killing thousands of people has some effects after all' thought Naruto. When a large number of people are killed, the area will be filled with a vile and corrupt environment which acts as a deterrent against outside forces.

But with Naruto's will and his endurance in similar situations, this can't do anything to him. He thought of a plan of action. To do the attack he had planned, it takes some preparation time. The attack will be effective, he knows that. But the point is, he should keep his enemy busy till then so that they won't escape.

'Hmm, first I should make a barrier. After that, I should use Amaterasu to divert their attention and start preparing for Disintegration' thought Naruto.

In addition to using Benihime for his barrier, he also used Amaterasu to encircle the area. As Amaterasu can't be doused, adding a bonus to the strength of his barrier which can't be broken easily, he is confident that his plan is going to work.

"Sing, Benihime," said Naruto. But this time, a barrier is formed. Benihime's Chikasumi no Tate (Blood Mist Shield) is a hexagon-shaped crimson barrier. It can be used for both long-range and short-range purposes. The barrier's strength depends upon the amount of Magic/Chakra pumped into it and in this case, Naruto pumped enough Magic to block anyone from escaping it.

Added defence of Amaterasu within the barrier only makes it more effective on the enemies he chose. He can use the Dome of Death, but his mastery over it didn't reach such a level to cover a large area of 750 meters. And the Dome of Death will not be effective on an enemy like this as it simply disintegrates flesh and muscle.

Naruto began his preparation for the attack. He knew that the attack he prepared also had some weaknesses, but he knew the power of it more than made up for it.

"I hope and desire for the power of the holy spirits. Listen to my appeal and overcome everything in your way! May your souls rest in peace! Disintegration!"

Disintegration is the strongest offensive magic in the Holy Magic attacks Naruto learned from the book on Light All Slayer Magic. Holy Magic is a wing of Light Magic. It uses the Ethernano particles in the air to build up a large amount of Magic and the capacity of the User to increase it.

After that, multiple arrays of magic circles are used to tune the magic to form a condensed, Holy Magic blast that can disintegrate any creature to the molecular level. It is more accurate and effective against dark creatures like Skeletons and other kinds of Undead creatures.

Naruto saw in anticipation, as the attack hit, the cemetery was destroyed beyond repair. Earth was scorched hot to lava and all presences he sensed vanished except for 2. As said by Holder, a series of blasts and explosions followed after using Disintegration.

'All those detonations must belong to those Skeleton Giants and there may be some other types which I haven't faced. It's a good thing that I didn't go in there' thought Naruto.

"These explosions can destroy a city with their intensity and numbers alone. No doubt all this destruction will be transferred to my name by the Council. Man, what a mess" said Naruto aloud. He expanded his sensing range and felt for anything alive. He found 2 signatures some distance away from Disintegration.

'If what I got from Holder is correct, these 2 signatures belong to Lock and Amon. They are strong,' thought Naruto. They easily surpass A-class and that Amon may even reach S-class if what Holder said is correct.

Naruto walked towards the signatures he sensed and saw 2 figures. One was a large undead skeleton creature who is devoid of skin and flesh. He wore an elaborate, jet-black suit adorned with golden and purple edges.

His eyes had a purple glow radiating from inside his empty eye sockets. Naruto can see lines from the gaps in his suit and on his face. This is Lock, the leader and commander of this group.

Naruto destroyed all other undead who were trained by Lock and Holder with his Disintegration. The next person he saw made him spit take.

It was a creature much shorter in stature than humans, standing only about 3 and a half feet. It had large, tennis-ball-like black eyes, a pencil-like nose and long, bat-like pointed ears.

It was also a purple robe like the large skeleton beside it and Naruto could have sworn he had seen a terrified expression in its eyes.

'What! What's wrong here? Holder flaunted this small creature to be some kind of big shot and this Amon thing is terrified of me? But the power is unmistakable. Whatever it is, I must be careful' thought Naruto.

From the looks alone many may think Amon is some kind of lost magical creature, but the power it had is unmistakable and the way Holder flaunting its strength adds up to be vigilant around it.

From what his eyes show him, Naruto can estimate the magic container of Lock to be of mid-A-class while Amon will be at high A in capacity.

Naruto's Mangekyou deciphered and gave him a good estimate of both figures in front of him. The only thing left for Naruto is to win over them and return to Fairy Tail.

"So you found the weakness in my attack and escaped it," said Naruto.

"Hehehehehe, yes. We were informed of you when you started attacking our soldiers by Holder. It's a shame that he couldn't witness your untimely demise" said Lock in a proud tone.

"My untimely demise, eh? Don't worry, I'll send you to him to explain it" said Naruto with a smirk.

"Fool, I'm not some idiot skeleton to kill. I'm the direct subordinate of Lord-Keyes and as long as I'm alive, all the skeletons you killed will come back to serve me" said Lock and laughed in glee.

"Amon, do it," said Lock.

"Are you sure, sir?" Asked Amon doubtfully.

"What are you talking about? If we hand over this guy to Lord-Keyes, I'm sure he is going to reward us handsomely. Who knows he may even promote you" said Lock in delight.

"U-uh. Do you think that is possible?" Asked Amon, still trembling at the sight of Naruto.

"I promise you, I'll recommend you as well, Amon," said Lock.

"Then I'll do it," said Amon in a determined tone. His body bulged out and his magic increased, creating a pressure on Naruto as all his intent was projected towards the blonde boy.

"You, who use Light Magic, shall become my vessel and help achieve my dream," said Amon. Naruto observed him carefully with his Mangekyou.

Everything happened in slow motion for Naruto. Amon's magic changed its form into some kind of monster and lunged towards Naruto and attacked him, fighting against his will to take over his body.

Naruto froze in place as if struck by lightning and his eyes became lifeless with the spark in them slowly leaving.

"Yes, I did it. Master Lock, I did it" shouted Amon in joy.

"You did it. Lord-Keyes will be delighted" said Lock with mad glee.

A few kilometres into the forest

"Come on, men, move," said a large man in Rune Knight uniform with a captain's sigil on his cape.

"Sir, if you don't mind, why are we going to Malta town?" Asked one of his Soldiers.

"We're misled. The Council has got wind of an elaborate ploy by our adversaries" said Captain Cloe.

"Captain Cloe, sir, we got a visual of the town," said a soldier with a lens in hand. Cloe walked towards the man and took the lens and what he saw chilled him to the bone.

"Shit. Amon, the destroyer had destroyed everything. Men, move. We should reach there soon" yelled Cloe and that made the pace of the Rune Knights increase. They rushed towards a destroyed and magma filled pit.

Cloe started to remember the circumstances that brought them here.

"This is a dangerous Job, Captain Cloe. Are you sure you can take it?' Asked Seam, Chairman of the Council.

"Why should we send a great and strong Captain like Cloe when a mage was doing the job," asked Org.

"Master Org, I know that. But the threat is not to be taken lightly-"

Cloe's recollection was interrupted by a loud scream of joy a few kilometres from their distance. His men looked at him in concern and he gave his orders.

"Move, men. We should investigate that" said Cloe.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

And with this, 3 abilities of Naruto's Mangekyou are selected. Only one ability remains which you can write to me and I'll select the most interesting one.

And so they began their journey into the unknown. What happened to Naruto is yet to be seen. What do you think happened to our beloved Knucklehead?

Tell me what you think in your comments or DM's. See you all in the Next chapter on the 20th.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

6