S- Class Trials and Rematch
107 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Dragons/Demon” Dragons or Demons Speaking.

‘Dragon/Demon thought’ Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

A/N-

Sorry for missing this chap in the middle, guys.  I thought all chaps were uploaded in order and missed this. I apologise for the mistake. Here you go, Enjoy the Chapter.

Not Yet

Chapter 8

S- Class Trials and the long-awaited Rematch

It's been a week since Naruto I arrived at Fairy Tail Guildhall after his job with Gray and Natsu. He found the whole guild in a rush of activity as everyone seemed to be working hard and taking jobs. Even the ever lazy members, who don't look at the Request board at once are looking and taking requests. Though Naruto didn't know the reason, he went with the flow. He took jobs as usual and completed them in record time. Rumours of a new Fairy Tail mage doing jobs without damage spread across the magical population of the country like a forest fire and he was praised for being the 'disciplined one' among the rowdy bunch.

Soon the day came. December 15th and the whole Guild is full of activity and there is anticipation and dilemma that can be felt along with the other emotions. Naruto got confused by this and walked up to the master to ask what was happening.

"Gramps is something wrong. Why are you all looking excited and tense" asked Naruto confused and Sirius nodding his along.

"I'll reveal it to you in a few minutes. Be patient" said Makarov and Naruto nodded and instead of going on a job, he sat on a stool waiting for all this big reveal.

After few minutes, Makarov walked up to the stage which he didn't see till now. The blonde guy he saw before was leaning on the first-floor wall with a grin on his face and Gildarts was lounging on a couch there as well. Makarov cleared his throat to gain the attention of everyone.

"Ok, brats. Now I'm going to announce the candidates who were selected for this year's S-class trials" bellowed Makarov and everything went silent. Naruto looked around as everyone moved closer to the stage as if the old man is telling a secret. He paid his full attention to what comes next.

He is interested in this S-class thing. From the moment Gildarts said that they will get more dangerous jobs than normal is enough for him and if this S-class is anything compared to his world's S-rank, it's gonna be hell to make it S-class. But he had confidence that he had what it takes to become one and showed the Old Man enough to select him.

"Come on, say it already. I can't bear all this silence" called out Gray behind him.

"I'm going to get picked for sure" stated Natsu as he slammed his fist into an open palm, a small fire coming to life.

"What are you talking, flame brain. You can't beat Mira and Erza, how do you think Master will pick you" interjected Gray.

"Then I'll beat the crap out of both Erza and Mira," proclaimed Natsu.

"You can't beat Erza or Mira, just like that fire brain. And that's not even talking about Naruto. He kicked you aside on our last job, did your snail brain cells forget that as well" said the ice-make mage as he snorted from the dragonslayer's words. Natsu gave him a small glare.

"How will you beat them anyway, assuming you are capable," asked Gray, cross-armed.

"With my fist of course," Natsu quickly replied as everyone let out a sigh while Naruto merely chuckled. Seems like everything else is normal with the Fire Dragon Slayer.

"Sure you will fire freak," said Gray, rolling his eyes.

"What was that pervert" shouted Natsu who stood up gazing as the ice mage did the same, "You wanna go?" they both said at the same time.

"Did I hear something from you too?" Erza perked up from her strawberry cake on a side stool as the rival duo quickly went quiet.

"No ma'am," they both said at the same time, shivering in fear.

"That's what I thought," she said and continued her cake munching.

"Idiots," said Sirius and Naruto just nodded his head. Those 2 always amaze him. They remind his relationship with Sasuke back in his homeworld. But they are different from Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto can see that. While he had madly run after the Uchiha and fought a death battle, Natsu and Gray will help each other if situations went south.

"It is my honour and privilege to choose these individuals as S-class candidates for this year's trials," said Makarov with pride. The entire guild listened closely to what the Wizard Saint had to say.

"Cana Alberona" Cana perked up and gave a peace sign.

"Erza Scarlet" Erza bowed and accepted the challenge.

"Mirajane" Mira gave a victorious and cocky smirk.

"Mystogan" the ghost member of Fairy is not seen anywhere.

"Macao Conbolt" Macao gave a nod.

"Wakaba Mine" Wakaba gave a puff of his cigarette.

"And Naruto Uzumaki" our favourite blonde gave a smile at that.

"There will be no partners for this year's trials. No visitors as well. Only the participants are allowed to the Sacred Grounds of Fairy Tail" Makarov stated as he flipped onto the first floor.

"Remember, the trials will start... now. Your first task is to teach the Island. Only 4 members are allowed in. There you will face your second task" he said and faded away. Everyone gasped after learning that he was a mere [Thought Projection].

'So that's what Thought Projection means. Interesting. I can say my clones are better than it' thought the blonde boy. He gave his combination a once over. 'Not bad competition' he thought.

There was silence for a time until everyone burst into applause that echoed throughout the guild. Cheering the participants and congratulating them. They forgot that Naruto was recently joined and yet got selected. While Alzack was crying comically.

"Alright, that's it. This is not fair. Gramps, I'm ready, why didn't you select me and selected that newbie" roared Natsu as he stomped his way towards Naruto.

"Naruto you're going to fight me right now" he came near Naruto and shouted, fire exploding from his hands and mouth.

Before the dragonslayer could do anything rach, Lisanna grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out of the guild with an embarrassed smile and an apology.

"Hmmm, I thought of fighting him," said Naruto to no one.

"It seems we'll be competing in the trials," said Erza and he looked up at Erza who patted me on Naruto's shoulder.

"May the best of us win," she said and Naruto nodded. Giving Erza a nod, the Requip mage made her way to leave for the journey ahead. Though they didn't talk much, she recognised him as a capable person as he didn't do much damage to his surroundings and didn't tarnish Fairy Tail name. At least that's what they heard till now.

Naruto turned to Sirius who is looking at his father curiously.

"Don't worry, Siri. I'm gonna make it and be fine. Don't eat unhealthy food and eat Ramen. I'll leave a clone with you. So don't worry" said the blonde as he went out of the Guildhall. Sirius followed him to give him a send-off.

As they reached their home, Naruto sensed Erza and others leave to Hargeon in a Train. He thought of following them, but he already marked Hargeon with his Hiraishin, so he thought better of it. They reached their home and entered it.

"Are you gonna fight the Old Man?" asked Sirius, curiously.

"Of course, I'm gonna fight him and kick his ass this time," said Naruto cheerfully.

"Record it and show me," asked the gold Jaguar.

"You bet"

"What are you gonna do anyway. They all started I suppose"

"Well, I already marked Hargeon, so I'm gonna rest for 2 hours and teleport there. After that, I'll go there and take to the skies" explained Naruto. Sirius analyzed it. It is a good plan. After all, Naruto can fly at the speed of Light if need be and reach Tenrou from Hargeon is not gonna take much time from what he heard.

Hargeon Port

Naruto followed his strategy and flashed to Hargeon and came ahead of the group who took the train to come to the port town. He leisurely walked through the streets of the town and set some presents for his competition. After everything was set, he shot into the sea and swam to Tenrou, enjoying the vast seas and its creatures.

As he reached the Sacred Grounds of Fairy Tail, he felt it. He poked his head out of the water to see the Island. The Island is special. Specifically, the tree is different. As a Wood Dragon God Slayer, he can sense anything from trees and this one has this unique smell of love to it. As if it is full of love and its purpose is to protect everyone. He is going to investigate this further. He felt few presences already, who were waiting for them.

He must give the old man some credit. He planned everything well. Making them come to Tenrou on their own is not a test till now after all. He hoped his fellow participates would enjoy the souvenirs he left for them at the shore.

As he reached the shores of the island, he walked sedately and sensed the magic levels from each of the entrances. From them, he can estimate all 4 entrances have High Magic concentrations. But he pinpointed the one he wanted and walked through the middle one from the right.

He saw the entrance close behind him and walked slowly towards the awaiting man. Soon, he reached a clearing, which is wide enough for a battle. He heard footsteps and turned to his left to see the man he came here for.

"Well, well. Isn't this interesting," said Gildarts, flaring his magic, creating pressure across the clearing. Naruto felt it and if what he could estimate from his last battle, this is 30% of his power.

"Beginning with 30% I see. Good. If you have thought of playing like last time, I would have kicked you out of the Island. Ready to get humiliated, Gildarts" said Naruto. His magic levels raising, eventually reaching Gildarts level with ease.

"Big talk, Kid. Prove it. I'm waiting for this battle for more than 2 years now. Don't disappoint me" he said and charged.

"Hey, that's my line," said Naruto as he blocked the man charge. They started a Taijutsu battle like last time and fought with kicks, punches and occasionally slashes. Gildarts was impressed by the increase in the physical strength of the blonde in mere 2 years.

"Good. You have improved well physically," he said and jumped back. He charged his magic and struck Naruto. Naruto allowed it to hit him. Instead of crushing his skin, it didn't even leave a mark on his skin.

"You should increase your output more, old man" suggested Naruto and flashed behind the man using the Hiraishin seal which he marked on Gildarts during their Taijutsu bout. Gildarts felt one of the strongest punches he ever blocked. He was thrown back and moved 10 feet back from just the block alone.

"That's hard. Kid. Looks like I should increase my strength" he said and increased it to 40%. The highest he fought the blonde with. Naruto felt the increase in strength. 'Ok, this is something' he thought excited. His blood pumping with adrenalin and magic surging in anticipation.

"Light Body," he said and his body was engulfed in orange light. He was glowing brightly and the pressure in the room increased a lot. Gildarts felt the tingling sensation of the Magic. He felt like all the light was sucked to form the body the blonde was surrounded with. It reminded him of Laxus's lightning body, but the sensation is even more powerful and he can feel the strength of it from here.

He covered his body with crush and the battle continued at high speeds. They would meet and fight with their body in their respective magics and shockwaves can be felt through the entire island from the fight.

With Others

After Naruto, Erza, Mirajane and Mystogan and others reached Hargeon. Because of their lack of knowledge, Mira stepped on one of the trapped spots and got electrocuted hard.

"What is this" she shouted. This isn't painful or anything, but it slowed her relapse speed down, slowing her metabolism in the process and she lagged behind. If the person who did it is in front of her, they would be dead by the intensity of her look alone.

"What the fuck" she shouted and similarly everyone got their present at some point.

"Looks like the area is trapped" concluded Erza.

"Did Master do it?" asked Macao.

"Don't know, if we want to ask, we must reach the Island first?" said Wakaba and his smoke came out making a shield.

Mystogan didn't answer as he is nowhere to be seen by the group but following behind them. He got a good view of all the spots where it is trapped and proceeded to move past them without much trouble. But he made a mistake in assuming that the traps were over and got paintballs with sleeping power in them in the face and started to sleep on the ground.

Citizens saw this unknown guy sleeping on the ground with his face covered. They took him to a nearby hospital for medical attention.

Soon, Wakaba, Macao and Erza made it through the traps and Cana was far ahead of them as she managed to stop the detonation of the traps using her card magic. They reached Tenrou Island one by one.

And being 4 members and travelling in groups, they thought they were first to arrive only to see an entrance blocked.

"What, when did he come" asked Cana, frustrated.

"I didn't see him on our journey so far" replied Erza. Seeing Macao and Wakaba approach, they both shot into a path of their own instead of deciding when the blonde boy came. Only one entrance remaining for the other 2 members as Mira couldn't make it because of her decreased metabolism.

Macao made it through the last entrance after a small rock, paper, scissors fight between him and Wakaba.

Cana found the empty path and walked through it and was found face to face with a big monster. She defeated it but passed out due to exhaustion.

Erza found herself in a battle against Makarov. They are going at it from the get-go.

Macao found herself against Laxus which was devastating as the Lightning defeated him with no sweat. Laxus promptly left after that.
 

With Erza

Erza was seen beaten from the bruises and tears in her clothes. Makarov seemed less damaged than the girl.

"Why do you fight, Erza," asked Makarov, as he walked towards the downed mage.

"What do you mean by why master," she asked confused.

"What is the reason you want to be powerful, to be S-class. What do you achieve by becoming one?" asked Makarov and he lifted the downed girl.

"I want to protect my guildmates, master. You know where I came from. I don't want anything like that to happen to any one of them. I want to protect them with my life if it comes to that" she said with determination and tears falling from her left eye.

"I see. Then, I can't let you...fail. You passed, my dear. Congratulations" he said and Erza hugged the poor old man against her armour and squeezed the life out of him. They felt high magic levels from the cave beside him.

"What a pressure" whispered Erza at the level of power and strength in the magic. They felt like 2 monsters duking out their lifelong battle.

"I think Gildarts is taking his fight with Naruto seriously," said Makarov.

"Master is if I may, do they have any connection before Naruto joined the Guild," asked the redhead curiously.

"Yes. Apparently, the young blonde had fought our Ace 2 years ago and managed to push him to 35% before he lost consciousness" he said and Erza gasped. Someone pushing Gildarts to 35% and at the age of 13 was unheard of.

"It is true, and Gildarts promised to fight him at full strength if Naruto became strong enough on that day. The blonde vowed to defeat Gildarts in battle. I think both of them took this as their perfect opportunity to duke it out" he said with a smile. No matter the result, he can't hold back the blonde boy from becoming S-class. He saw how he operates in person and knew his goals from his secret S-class unofficial mission. He smiled and walked to the camp area to watch the 2 of them fight.
 

With Naruto

Both of them continued their impromptu duel, with their bodies covered in their respective magics.

"Well, Naruto, I think it is time to kick it up a notch," said Gildarts and the close nodded. Both their magics flared and the cave started to crumble as it couldn't take the monstrous magic for long.

They are increasing their magical output again. A shake went through the cave and instead of a thin layer of magic, Gildarts was surrounded by a thick layer of white magic. Naruto's Light changed into another state.

"Light Armour" called out the blonde and they continued to fight with their bodies as blurs and clashed forming shockwaves around the cave which started to cave in. All the pieces of rock which touched either of them with either be crushed or evaporated.

A sword formed in Naruto's hand made of light and staff formed in Gildarts hand. They started to fight with their respective weapons. All the viewers have their eyes widened in shock. The magic levels are insane and they steadily increased as the fight continued forward.

Gildarts output reached 70% and Naruto's Light armour couldn't stand the power anymore and started to crack. Gildarts gave a smile at Naruto.

"Seems like its durability is at its peak, Naruto. 70%" he said and Naruto gave him a toothy smile. Gildarts saw an orange colour magic form in Naruto's hand and widened his eyes. He can still remember his sore muscles after he got hit by that attack last time and if he deduced correctly, it was made of wind. But this time he can feel it.

This thing is made of the brats light magic. 'What is he thinking using a technique like that in a cave, that will cause a cave in' thought the orange-haired man and prepared himself for impact.

Naruto smirked at seeing the determined and realised looks on Gildarts face. "You deduced it, huh. Well, get ready" is the only response the blonde gave.

"Light Style: Rasenshuriken" he bellowed and threw the orange spinning ball into Gildarts direction. He wanted to name it something other than Rasenshuriken, but the sound of Rasenshuriken ringed better to him than Hikarishuriken or Lightsphere. So he settled with it for all his attacks developed from Rasengan.

The silent ball of destruction reached Gildarts in no time. Gildarts made a hasty barrier to run back and braced himself from impact and it came. The small compressed ball expanded in a bright show of light and started to shatter everything it touched into millions of pieces and evaporate it. Its light was unbearable that the Ace of Fairy Tail has to close his eyes to protect his vision.

At the last moment of its expansion, he jumped 20 meters back and hid behind a large rock. The resulting explosion shook the cave and tore it apart. Now in the scattered remains of what was once a cave stood the 2 opponents.

"Damn. That attack could destroy an entire village if more magic is used" said Gildarts. A clapping sound was heard and ge turned to see Naruto clapping with a smile on his face.

"Well, you have managed to escape it alive, Old Man," said the blonde boy, mockingly. And so they continued their fight for some time. Gildarts managed to get a few blows on the blonde while Naruto hit Gildarts a few times. It came to a standstill again.

"It looks like our fight going nowhere," said Gildarts.

"I think you are forgetting something, Gildarts," said Naruto and Gildarts widened his eyes as Ethereal orangish-red flames surrounded Naruto.

"Susanoo"

"Shit," he said as he was blasted away because of the pressure released from the ethereal construct. Instead of just skeletal structure he remembered last time, it had some veins like things going through it, forming a muscle like structure on the warrior. It has 2 hands instead of just 1 and both of them had swords made up of similar reddish-orange flames. Gildarts stood there in awe for a second, before coming back to senses.

"Ok, kid. You have grown strong" he admitted and increased his power to 75% as he knew 70% is not going to cut it. The fight continued.

Gildarts tried to punch the kid and his warrior, but the defences are stronger than he remembered. It didn't damage him though. Naruto used his swords to create slashes orangish white energy slashes, sending them in the way of the man which he promptly dodged.

With Others

All the remaining participants were seen lounging around the camp area and watching the fight in interest. The fight between Gildarts and Naruto was more interesting than they ever thought it would be. The new blonde had proved himself worthy of being in this Sacred Land with them.

Soon, the tables turned and Gildats was on the defensive. The people seeing the fight were flabbergasted. Makarov, Erza, Mira, who just reached the camp sight with some help from Cana and Macao and Wakaba had their mouths open at the display of power and the blonde boy pushing Gildarts like this.

They didn't expect what happened next. A Reddish-orange ethereal warrior came out of nowhere and started attacking Gildarts. The man seemed to have prior knowledge of this though. It didn't help things for Gildarts.

"Oh my God" gasped Erza.

"That won't do this battle justice," said Macao.

"Ya. What kind of monsters did you allow to our Guild, Master?" asked Wakaba. Mystogan, who made it and settled in a hidden spot wherever he it is hiding, was looking at the blonde curiously. Mira was the most shocked among all of them. She pushed Naruto around as if she can beat him in a fight. Seeing this made her realise something. 'He didn't even reply to me when I am rough with him' she thought.

During all her taunting and goading, the blonde boy didn't reply to anything. He just continued his conversation or walked off to do his job. She felt this urge to apologise to him as soon as possible. 'All this time, he can beat me and yet he didn't' is the only question running through the white-haired girl's mind.

Makarov was looking at the fight with interest. 'It is a good thing Laxus left after he defeated Macao. I don't think he can take this well' thought the Old master. His Grandson left saying he had something important to do after his match than fooling around with a group of idiots.

'If they continue like this, it might cause problems' he thought evaluating the damage this one fight could cause to the wildlife around. This is the second task and Erza had passed already. If Gildarts passes Naruto, then there will be 2 new S-class mages for Fairy Tail this year.

Naruto will become the youngest Fairy Tail mage as he is younger than Erza to participate in these trials. And if he passed, he will be the youngest S-class mage in history. According to his file, the blonde was born on October, X765. While the redhead was born in June of the same year. 'Well, it seems I have no choice' he thought, agreeing that both mages had impressed him enough to get the Title S-class. The only thing left is for Gildarts to officially acknowledge Naruto as such.

With Naruto

As the Susanoo took form, Gildarts tried his best to pierce through the ethereal armour. But to no avail, it seemed tougher than before. He increased his power output to 80% after that. Naruto smirked at him.

"What is it, Old Man. You increased it again. Feeling tired already" taunted Naruto.

"Damn you, brat. It's been a long time since I used this much of my power. I'm just getting used to it"

"By the time you get completely used to it, I'm gonna win," said Naruto and vanished. Gildarts didn't find any trace of him left. His body is getting adjusted to his current output as it's been a long since he is this much power. He felt something behind and turned to block it. But it's too late.

"Yield, old man" came the voice of the blonde boy. Gildarts slowly turned to see a sword pointed to his neck and a drop of blood leaking from the area it just touched because of his moment.

"Ok, I yield," said Gildarts. Naruto's sword glowed green and the wound was healed instantly.

"That was an amazing fight, Gildarts," said Naruto with a smile.

"Yes, it is. You have improved a lot, kid" said Gildarts with a smile.

"Thanks"

Makarov came to this scene. He was about to stop their match as the damage from it will be high, but as he arrived everything went back to normal and the fighting duo was talking jovially.

"Ah, Master. I approve Naruto's promotion to S-class" said Gildarts and Naruto smiled and Makarov nodded.

"I wouldn't have done otherwise even if you didn't recommend him, Gildarts," said Makarov.

"Come, let's head back to camp. Others are waiting" said Makarov.

"When will we leave" asked Naruto.

"Tomorrow, why?" asked Makarov.

"I just want to explore the Island. It is beautiful"

"You can. But make sure to come to the east shore by noon tomorrow, ok"

"Yes, gramps. I'll be there" said the blonde and vanished.

"Kids these days" both men chuckled remembering about the kids of this generation.

With Naruto

It's been a while since he felt a forest this thick with this much magic and something is bothering him or rather than someone. In all its magnificence, something is disturbing all this peace and happy atmosphere.

Naruto walked up to a tree where he saw an individual sitting in a cross-legged position. He had a sad and sombre look on his face as if he lost something. Before the blond boy could speak, the individual spoke.

"Don't come near to me, you will die!" said the man. This got the blonde perplexed. 'Die. As in losing my life' did he hear the man correctly.

"I don't think so," he said walking towards him. As he walked closer, he took the full appearance of the man. He has the appearance of a young man wearing high-collared black dress and tan robes with gold trim, along with a large, flowing white toga draped around his torso. He has short black hair, dark eyes, and abnormally sharp canines. He also wore a pendant. He is looked like some kind of royal for Naruto.

But as he walked closer, he felt a sudden build-up of Magical energy. It was foul and dark in nature and the man started to scream.

"No, not now. I didn't even know him" he shouted and Naruto felt black magic built up around the man. His eyes turned red with a ring in him like his Sharingan without any Tomoes and the black energy shot out, draining all the life from the animals and plants alike around him.

"No, not again" he heard the young man shout and he disappeared from the island, leaving no trace, leaving a full clearing of the forest without life behind him. As the black magic reached him, he felt his magic stir within him.

And Cut

That’s it for this chapter folks. I hope you all enjoyed it. Yep, a cliffy. Tell me what do you think about it in your reviews and comments.

Comment your questions in the Q&A post I made.

If you have any questions, ask me in your comments or PM me.

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

7