Bending Lightning
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Not Yet. Hope you like it.

You can read next 2 chapters of Not Yet now and join the Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put into publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on the Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'Telepathy'

"Dragons/Demon/Spirits" Dragons or Demons Speaking.

'Dragon/Demon/Spirits thought' Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic"

Be sure to vote in the Poll.

Enjoy.

Not Yet

Chapter 36

Bending Lightning

Kagura doesn't remember ever seeing this red-haired knight at all. While Loke had stars in his eyes looking at Kagura's beauty as she walked in.

"What a beauty. You brought her for me, right Naruto?" He whispered into the blonde's ear. Naruto got a mischievous smile.

"Oh no, you found out! If you recover soon, you can train with her. You know, one on one." Naruto whispered back and Loke's eyes changed into 2 heart shapes.

He blushed imagining all things he can do in a one on one training session and giggled to himself in glee. 'Stupid body, recover. A beauty is waiting for us!' He shouted in his head, yelling at his body to recover.

After that, Loke dreamed of everything he could do with Kagura and had a good rest and his imagination helped him recover very fast.

Next Day

Naruto is with Makarov, talking about things. "So you want to train them, huh?" The old Master asked, looking at the sunrise.

"Yes, gramps. Though Kagura said she would leave, I believe in our members. She might stay. Regardless of that, she should be strong if she wants to defend from the likes of Marsh and people of such power.

You saw how badly Loke was wounded. That idiot would have died for all we know if not for Erza's swift thinking and I don't like that. He should be strong and I'll make him." Naruto said in a determined tone.

"Natsu and Gray had improved well. I didn't see anyone accomplish that level of improvement in such a short time. Congrats, kiddo." Makarov appreciated Naruto with a smile.

"Come on, gramps. I want to make them stronger as well. The point is, they endured what I threw at them and the results are in front of you. Happy is a different story, you know." Naruto smirked.

"Are you going to share it with this poor old man?"

"Nah, let it be a surprise. You shouldn't always be a lazy bum and Natsu will be a perfect solution. If I could somehow get this into his mind…" Naruto started thinking and Makarov had a cold sweat.

"Now, now, Naruto. Don't be like that. Have some mercy on this old man,"

"Well, so long, gramps. It seems our playboy is up and flirting. Should train him or else he will continue his 'activities'." Naruto said with a smirk and left in a flash.

Naruto went to Loke and took him. He went to his home to call Kagura and Sirius for training and they both came without any protest.

They went to a large forest surrounding Magnolia and when Naruto added a few barrier seals and magic suppression seals around a large perimeter, he nodded in satisfaction.

"Ok people. Let's train and make you strong." He said cheerfully.

"How are you going to train us exactly? We are just outside Magnolia." Loke asked in interest. He wants to get part of one on one training with Kagura.

"Oh don't worry about that. You will first train with me as your partner after which I'll make you into groups to train. Don't worry about the damage. We have gramps' blessing." Naruto said cheerfully. Kagura was observing carefully.

'I'm going to derive maximum benefit from this. Why not take advantage of this situation? I want to use Archenemy with control. I can't go around destroying everything.' She thought with determination.

From what little Naruto's power she saw, the blonde would be her perfect test subject as he is strong enough to endure Archenemy's power and is a good swordsman to boot.

"Let's get started." He called and took Loke and Sirius to separate parts of the forest. The area he is with Kagura is most secured by his barrier as it is in the middle.

"Ok, pull Archenemy out. We are going to try to control it." Naruto said, his sword materialising in his hand. Kagura liked the way it looked. It is similar to Requip, but different as well.

"How exactly are you gonna teach me control?" Kagura asked. She had to know.

"We are going to determine whether it is you who is affecting the sword or the sword is affecting you. After that, we are going to work on control." Naruto explained with a shrug.

"What's the difference?"

"Well, if you are controlling Archenemy, we can work on your magic control and emotions so that the swings you make won't cut anything you don't want to.

If it's the sword affecting you, I'm going to add a few seals on it and see how it works. I know how to bind it if need be. So don't worry about it." Naruto said with a shrug.

'I didn't know there are that many ways to know what affects what. I should learn everything carefully. This training may prove more helpful to me and if possible, I should ask him to train me in my magic as well.' Kagura thought in determination.

She is going to find her brother and kill the one who separated them and nothing is going to stop her from doing it. Even if it's the legendary sword, Archenemy.

"Let's start. Try swinging it normally. No force. No anger. Just want to cut something." Naruto said, pointing towards a small boulder in the area.

"Uh, I need to unsheathe the sword first." She said in an embarrassing tone. Naruto fell to the ground comically.

'Oh yeah. Unsheathing it would cause a cataclysm.' He mentally kicked himself for forgetting it and sprang to work.

He sent chakra to his hands and started writing seals on the handle. After a few minutes, 'suppression', 'release' and 'control' kanji formed on the handle, giving a light glow and disappearing into the markings on the cloth.

"Ok, the second part is done, pull it." Naruto urged. Kagura did as asked. She slowly unsheathed the sword, but except for a small pressure, nothing happened.

"Good. Now slash. It all depends on your emotions now as I had to suppress its power to see how it affects."

"Slash," Kagura said, swinging Archenemy. A small arc came out of it and cleaved the boulder in a clean slash. "God, it worked. Now to increase your force." Naruto said as Kagura continued.

With Loke

"Bro, how can you take Kagura away from me?" Loke whined.

"Shut up, you moron. She will kick your ass if you approach her like this. Trust me, she is not some other woman you can sweet talk to. She wants to become strong to save her brother.

If you go now doing your theatrics, she will kick your ass and throw you to the side. Did you already forget the vow you made?" Naruto asked seriously. Loke stared at the ground in defeat.

"I didn't, Naruto. You helped me a lot by taking me when I'm alone and purposeless. You saved my life when Theon took control and you saved me again yesterday when I'm about to give up.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, again and again, Naruto. I'm really sorry. But, I want to be with Kagura so please tell me how I can do that." Loke pleaded. Naruto hit his head on the ground animatedly.

It was as if a switch turned off. 'Wait, switch? That's it. Oh, Loke how gracious of you to present yourself to me.' Naruto thought in joy and turned to the pleading orangette.

"Don't worry, Loke. I'm going to make you the man of your dreams. But you need to endure a 3-week training with me without any distractions." Naruto said in a higher than thou tone.

Leo was confused by this sudden attitude change, but he liked what the blonde promised and nodded enthusiastically, not knowing that he had stepped into a death trap.

With Sirius

"What's up with this training session all of a sudden?" Sirius asked as they were walking to another area of the forest.

"You saw how strong she is with her sword. I can't risk it. I want to make sure she is going to be safe if she decides to not join our guild."

"Ok. Then why are you training us? Shouldn't you concentrate on her?"

"Are you kidding me? Should I need a reason to train my son?" Naruto asked with a smirk ruffling Sirius's fur.

"Of course. I should have known it's an excuse to spar with me." Sirius said, taking his ready stance.

"You got me. But let's get started. Light Arrows." Naruto said, unleashing dozens upon dozens of light arrows at Sirius. Sirius dodged most of them and made a set of hand seals.

"Wind Style: Great Breakthrough," he said, unleashing a large gust of wind toward Naruto.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu," Naruto said in reply, sending a large fireball against Sirius's wind and as an elemental effect, Sirius's wind amplified Naruto's fire a enlarged approached the feline at high speeds.

"Water Style: Water Slash," Sirius said, pulling his sword and slashing his body-sized hole in the fireball, escaping its effects. Though the temperature was higher than what he was used to, training with Natsu in that water pool for control got him accustomed to both hot and cold weather easily.

"Water Style: Surging Wave," Sirius said, spewing a large water wave which charged towards a smiling Naruto.

"Lightning Style: Electromagnetic Murder," Naruto said, dispersing lightning bolts into the incoming water, making it electrified. This resulted in anything that came into contact with the water being electrocuted.

"Chidori," Sirius simply excused himself and cut the waver wave in half, not being charged by lightning as everything was attracted to the lightning blade in his hand.

"Light Style: Laser Circus," Naruto called. He knew this was a bit overkill. But he needed to test Sirius's capabilities to the full and using dangerous attacks was one way to bring them out.

Sirius can't keep up with the number of light beams Naruto shot and in the moment of desperation, his eyes changed, giving him a slow-motion view of every lighting beam in red and allowing him to dodge everything.

'This is bad. I need to push!' He thought in anger. How can all his training result in only this much improvement? Then it hit him. A conversation he overheard.

Flashback

"Father, how come you only have very few techniques for Earth and Water Dragon Slayer magic? Shouldn't your Wood help you in having many attacks?" Naruto asked Aldoron.

"Grahahahahahaha. What do you take me for? A garden snake? Foolish boy. They are like that so that you can bend them to your will. As I told you, magic in this world is a matter of will. If you have an affinity to an element, you can be as powerless as learning the textbook spells or can be as powerful as bending the element to your will and becoming the most powerful with that element.

That's the reason why I want you to create Earth and Water Dragon Slayer spells on your own, Naruto. Consider this as advanced training." Aldoron said with a laugh. Sirius didn't understand what they were talking about then, but now it's clear to him.

Flashback End

'Bend the element to your will, huh. What a clever way of putting it, gramps.' Sirius thought in joy as he concentrated on the wind behind Naruto and ordered it to form a spear with all his will.

Then in slow motion, he say the wind behind his father form into a spear shape and go through him as if he didn't exist. Naruto turned to Sirius in shock.

He felt something behind him, but he didn't think Sirius did it. When he turned to his son, he saw surprise and victory mix in those purple orbs. With joy, the clone dispelled.

"Yatta. Yatta. I did it!" Sirius said in joy as he dispelled Naruto's clone. While the original was training Kagura, he lost concentration and had to dodge a compressed silver slash.

"Focus here." He heard the purple-haired woman shout and nodded.

'Purple eyes? I didn't see them. What are they?' Naruto thought in wonder and pondered every possibility of their awakening and couldn't come up with anything. In the end, he decided to let Sirius explain about them.

That Evening

After their respective training and spars were done, Naruto called them to a clearing which was outside the barrier and made a makeshift cottage for them to live in. Others looked at him in surprise.

"What? Did you expect to sleep on beds?" He asked with raised eyebrows and it shut them up. After eating some fish and fruits that were available in the forest, Naruto started briefing them.

"Ok, so I prepared a plan for us all to train these coming 3 weeks. I'm going to train with Kagura in her swordsmanship and control while Loke trains in creating new techniques. Sirius will train to further master his elements and his battle mode as well. Is that clear?" Naruto asked and no one opposed but he saw a jealous look in Loke's eyes and narrowed his eyes which made the orange-haired celestial spirit give in.

Their training started immediately, Naruto not letting them take any rest and everyone was pushed to their limit by Naruto and his clones. Naruto didn't ask Sirius about his purple eyes, instead wanted the young jaguar to come forward about it and kept quiet.

While they were deep in their training, an unexpected guest visited them and unknown to anyone, Naruto went to talk to the guest.

As he neared the barrier, Naruto sensed a strong blast hit the barrier with brutal force to tear it to no avail. He saw the person behind it and sighed.

"What is it, Laxus?" Naruto asked in a stern tone.

"Ah, the fake is here. I heard you were training so I came here to see how spectacular you would be in a spar." Laxus said with no attempt to hide his hungry smile.

"Does Gramps know this?"

"That old fool doesn't know shit. I'll pound you and go after Gildarts after that to prove how weak you are. Allowing a pathetic faker like you to become an S-class mage, what are they thinking?" Laxus said not concerned about Naruto's reaction.

Naruto is growing furious with each word the other blonde spoke but still refraining himself not to damage the large ego Laxus has.

"Look, Laxus. I'm not going to spar with you as Gramps won't approve of it. Now leave." Naruto said with considerable force in his voice, daring Laxus to oppose and he did exactly that.

"Again with the same old moral story. I'm fed up with it. If you don't spar with me now, I'm gonna tear the 3 you are training limb to limb. Oh, wait. You have that cat with you, right? I'll beat him to the verge of death and tort-" Laxus wasn't given a chance to complete that sentence as an orange fist hit him hard in his gut.

Laxus didn't feel this much pain in his life. It was as if someone took his nerves and deep fired and while they were still hot, stitched in his body again as if to further agonise him.

He looked up to see the cause of all the pain to see 2 furious cerulean orbs staring at him with the coldness of a blizzard, his orange hand buried in his gut.

"You didn't see my magic, right? Let me show you how powerless you will be when superior flashy magic than yours trample all over you." Naruto said coldly, pulling his fist out.

"Damn You!" Laxus yelled, recovering from the sudden attack and covered his hands in lightning and punched Naruto, only for the blonde to vanish from his spot and give Laxus a spinning kick.

The kick sent the lightning mage towards a thick tree and he was taken through a few trees because of the force. Laxus looked up to see the blonde appear before him with his hand pulled back for a punch.

"Lightning Body," Laxus said, turning into Lightning and vanishing but much to his horror, another blur followed him and as soon as he reappeared, the same punch hit him hard on his jaw.

His jaw made a click sound, snapping by the light imbued punch. Laxus was thrown back again, this time hitting hard against the barrier he was trying to tear through earlier.

"What happened to all that confidence and arrogance, Laxus? You like to belittle others, right? Now how does it feel being on the other side?" Naruto asked, appearing in front of the lightning mage.

"Let me make one thing clear, I won't care if you belittle me or mock me. You can make as much fun of me as you want. But don't you dare drag my friends and Sirius into this. The moment you drag them, you will be at the edge of your life." Naruto said in a serious tone and started walking back toward his training companions.

*Claps*

"Excellent. You are not as weak as I thought. Then let me make a bet, if you win against me when I use my magic, then I won't harm anyone you want. But. But if you don't win against me, you are going to leave Fairy Tail, forever." Laxus said, coughing blood while standing up.

Naruto turned towards him with narrowed eyes. He knew he was going to win irrespective of whatever Laxus tried and he knew what the other blonde was hiding from the guild. But the proposition was good.

He wanted to test his fellow Dragon Slayers anyway and the proposition Laxus made gives him the best chance. He can push the lightning mage to his limits when no one knows. His Dragon side agreed with his assessment and Naruto spoke.

"Agreed. If you are going to use your 'magic' and are confident enough I'll spar, why do you want me to leave Fairy Tail, are you scared?" Naruto asked with a confident smirk.

"I'm not leaving Fairy Tail whatever you do and if you want to leave that badly, make me," Naruto said and prepared for Laxus's attack and as anticipated, the blonde mage appeared in front of him in his Lightning form with his fist cocked back.

"Lightning Punch," Laxus said, punching Naruto, only for his hand to pass through Naruto as he dispersed into light particles.

"Light Needles," Naruto said, changing all the light sparks into needles and injuring the blonde lightning mage. Laxus was perplexed.

'How? How does his magic affect me? I'm a Dragon Slayer and only Dragon Slayer magic affects me!' Laxus screamed in his head. He can't come to terms with the other blonde's every punch and kick affecting him.

He didn't get beaten this bad even in the S-class trials as his lightning speed saved him from many attacks the rest he faced head-on, his immense durability and stamina helping him to face them fearlessly.

"Wondering why my magic is affecting you?" Naruto asked as if reading Laxus's mind and there is something in the way the question was asked that unnerved Laxus. It is as if the sun-kissed blonde knew Laxus is something more than just a human and that rubbed in the wrong way.

"You think you are superior to me just after a few blows? Heh, you are decades too early to face me head-on. Now face my fury!"

"Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd," Laxus said, raising both of his hands in the air at his sides and generating electricity between their open, facing palms. This is rapidly shaped into the form of a massive spear composed of lightning, which he hurled toward Naruto.

The spear was so hot that it scorched the path it travelled in the air toward Naruto. Naruto stared at it with an unimpressed expression and when it was about to hit, slashed it with his hand.

"Light Slash," he said as his half-moon slash cut through the lightning spear, the lightning harmlessly discharged after being cut down. Laxus was enraged by this.

"Lightning Dragon's Raging Bolt," Laxus said, raising his clenched fist in the air and started chanting.

"Resounding through the air, the roar of thunder, plunge from the heavens and reap destruction!" And as soon as his chant was completed, a large bolt of lightning descended upon Naruto.

Naruto looked at it in interest. This attack looks good. Maybe he can show it to Sirius and make him create something new from it.

'Ah, inspiration can hit you at any time. Even in a spar.' Naruto thought with a smile and knowing the destructive power of the lightning bolt, he decided to face it.

He didn't move as the bolt reached him and as it was about to hit him, his mouth opened, making a sucking sound.

Laxus watched in horror as one of his strongest attacks, which was supercharged with his Dragon Slayer magic was eaten like a piece of cake by the enigmatic blonde in front of him.

"That's what happens when you don't do your homework before you come to class." Naruto mocked the dumbfounded Laxus.

"But since you can't keep up with me, I'll use another magic. Try to keep up, ok?" Naruto said, light leaving his body instead now covered by a thin white layer.

"Wind Style: Tornado Spin," Naruto said, sending a twisting tornado towards Laxus. Though he was dumbfounded, seeing large gusts of wind approach, Laxus responded by sending his lightning into the centre, nullifying the force spinning the tornado. The leftover wind passed him smoothly.

"Ah, you feel comfortable now. Good. I don't want to give you a black eye and explain this to gramps." Naruto said and Laxus saw red at this. Till now, though he was on his back leg, he was enjoying the fight. But now something is missing.

It's like the power the previous attacks had whether it is Dragon Slayer one or not is not there in these wind attacks and that frustrated Laxus. He is here to defeat the blonde faker at his best, not when he was using useless elemental magic.

"Lightning Dragon's Roar!" Laxus yelled, generating lightning in his mouth and releasing it in a concentrated, destructive blast, capable of destroying everything in a wide area in front of him. The special effect of this attack, aside from the high damage it causes, is that, even if the target survives, the lightning paralyzes them to a degree, leaving them numb and preventing them from escaping Laxus.

Predicting Naruto escaping with his superior speed, Laxus moved his head around, employing the spell in an arched trajectory.

Naruto was impressed by this. He knew Laxus's intent to defeat him at his best. That's why he decided to not give the lightning mage the satisfaction of fighting with his Light. He is going to show the blonde lightning mage what crushing defeat feels like. He is going to teach Laxus the unforgettable lesson Gildarts taught him.

There will always be someone stronger than you in the world. So don't get cocky about your strength and learn how to work with people. Instead of seeing them as inferior to you.

As Laxus predicted, Naruto vanished from sight, coming out of the Dragon Roar unscathed even though the increased range with arched trajectory didn't hit him. Laxus was upon him in an instant to force Naruto to use his Light magic.

"Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist," Laxus said, gathering a large amount of lightning around one of his fists, bending the arm and then extending the fist forward in a punching motion. Naruto dodged it.

"Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist," Laxus engulfed one of his fists in lightning and tried to punch Naruto only for the blonde to vanish. This is an advanced version of his Lightning Fist he used on Natsu.

"Lightning Dragon's Iron Hammer,"

"Lightning Dragon's Piercing Bolt,"

"Lightning Dragon's Severing Flash," Laxus tried them all. But every time his attacks come near Naruto, the blonde will vanish, nowhere to be seen around the area. Naruto is using his Hiraishin(Flying Thunder God) Jutsu to dodge every attack when it was about to hit him, thus agitating the Lightning mage even further.

"Dragon Slayer's Secret Art: Roaring Thunder," Laxus yelled in frustration and charged forward and punched Naruto with a lightning imbued fist which released a large amount of lightning upon impact on his chest, heavily damaging and electrocuting Naruto, whilst also pushing him away with immense force.

But much to Laxus's blight, the Naruto in front of him vanished in a puff of smoke. He knew this technique. It's one of the blonde clone jutsu he saw many times in the Guildhall.

"Oh, you managed to defeat my clone? Well done, Laxus-kun. You did great. You are worthy of being S-class." Naruto appeared behind him, giving Laxus a head pat. He was about to punch, when-

"You might be worthy of being S-class. But you are not worthy of being a Fairy Tail mage. Take this as my warning, Laxus Dreyar. If you try to do anything funny with Gramps and the Guild, I'll come for you." Naruto said with utmost seriousness and cold eyes, which made Laxus's body give an involuntary shake. Naruto leaned towards his ear as if to whisper.

"Even your Lightning Dragon Slayer magic can't stop me from ripping you apart. Be mindful." Naruto said, using his signature Jutsu.

"Wind Style: Rasengan," Naruto said, sending the wind imbued Rasengan into Laxus's abdominal area which sent the blonde lightning mage into unconsciousness.

He dropped the unconscious Laxus with awaiting Thunder God Tribe at the edge of the forest with a cold look which didn't need any more words, he saw as the 3 mages ran with their tail between their legs for their life, carrying Laxus.

Naruto noticed a small bush move to the side and smirked. 'Did you send a clone to watch this, Sirius?' He thought and went back to his students to train them.

He knew nothing is gonna change in the Guild if he assessed Laxus right and decided to train his team first. 'Ugh, I also have to find a good name for the team. It's on my name till now, but since Kagura and Loke are training seriously, I don't want them to be in my shadow.

Though Loke won't mind it, I doubt Kagura will agree. So after training, let's pick a name!' Naruto cheerfully thought while he moved toward the individual training areas.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

Tell me what you think in your comments or DM's. See you all in the next chapter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

1