14.1
236 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the manor-

 

Winds blown seeping throughout the whole course of the black room, amidst the cold and naught seated a figure dressed in white robe. The moonlight shines from the gap of the half-closed window reflected on the young adult with features that can be admired, handsome and heroic eyebrows which outline a spiritic temperament however if seen across the whole streets of Jaingnan, it can’t be said to be a top-notch look. One would glance casually and look away from this ‘ordinary’ face in a populated city within Jiangnan. Beauties and hunks are scattered throughout the pavements as the favored prince of the empire is actually very much interested in beautiful things, not less a person!

 

Unlike the festive atmosphere outside, a certain gongzi instead has displayed an ugly expression at this moment instead. Thinking of earlier, the veins on his temple throbs.

 

 

Today is a bright sunny afternoon, in the backyard manor of the Hao’s, sounds and clatters can be heard. Xiao Li, a small outer maid, has just finished her laundry. Gathering cloths of clean mattresses in between her bosoms, Xiao Li walks briskly even jumping with light steps from time to time. Judging from the small actions, Xiao Li is very happy. Why? Xiao Li answers, because the 6th Young Master is visiting us! Ah… although he’s coming for the sick in the back, that doesn’t mean I’ll miss my chance to see him! As Xiao Li imagines the fateful encounter of a fairy tale, her steps speed up. Looking at the wide entrance, Xiao Li calms her breath and takes another step forward! 

 

Crash!

 

As the sound collide, Xiao Li sees an incoming cup in her direction! She quickly ducks to avoid. Following that, a stream of curses is loudly exclaimed inside the manor. Xiao Li doesn’t dare to stay any further as to preserve her small life, she dashes in the opposite direction in an attempt to escape but the person inside seems to ruin her plan.

 

“A bold slave dares to escape without my orders? Are you looking for death?”

 

Xiao Li’s back stiffens from the cold command. With her foot step outside, she decisively sold her pitiful soul and bows her head timidly. Making a U-turn, she walks up the stairs.

 

What happens after is a series of beating and scolding…

 

And the reason, only the people living in the Han manor knows but decisively seal their useless mouth as to prevent and save their worthless lives.

 

As dusk sets upon, light scatters and shatters, blocking the view of the whole world which can be said the same in a particular courtyard. Decorated in shimmering jewels and jades, the beauty brightens the dim room of the innermost layout hidden deep away. Glittering gems reflect a fraction show cast a bump hiding in the soft yellow quilt. As if awakened, it moves! The surrounding air drops shaken by the slight movement of air current changes or perhaps itself is waiting upon to see this weird occurrence before its sight. Like an answer from the divine, the wind sways and a rustling sound can be heard from the shuffling actions within the many quilts stuffed on top. A fluffy head tilts sideways, followed with a pained groan with the figure prop up immediately. The fingers swiftly rub in circles the aching temples. The figure suddenly stiffens! His hands swift as light, already grabbing hold, tightening the grasp on another party's neck!

 

"Who?!" 

 

The words that came out accompanied by a raspy, hoarse voice as if devoid of life and dull suggesting a quick snap to the throat could quickly ease his discomfort at the moment. He waited and waited however there was no sound after, no replies… just the stilled awkward air inside the room. Shen Shan Yuan increases his arm strength, just a millimeter further and the sound of crushed bones is very distinctive in the current atmosphere. Nevertheless, Shen Shan Yuan never once received a reply. His head throbs and the desire to revoke and obliterate everything in his sight is fluctuating rather than the usual movement at stale. destroy… destroy… destroy… kill, kill, KILL!!! 

 

His chest feels stuffy, his eyes darkening with the corner end glowing a faint pink turning red the more he loses his control. The feeling of not having everything in control, not remembering a single piece of memories, not anything, nothing can naturally make a person mad especially now that the very soul situated within is very much on the verge of madness and destruction. 

 

At the critical moment, a sharp pain flash in his head and Shen Shan Yuan faints right away. There was silence with no response or reaction even if the figure on the bed couldn’t possibly take notice of the contemplative gaze that the other party is giving him. Looking down, the man that rests beside Shen Shan Yuan is holding his neck, thick callus fiddling across the bruise mark made from the strangling. A snicker comes out of his mouth, followed with a low chuckle which turns into weird laughing and ends it with a sigh. One that is hard to understand. 

 

“...Little idiot.”

 

Thinking of the crying face earlier, the man’s mood quickly turned irritable. He gets up from the bed, flick his sleeves and left hurriedly as if running for his life.

 

-Inside the sea consciousness-

 

Liu Xu Yuan opens his eyes to the white ceiling, white wall and white floors. He tiredly props up against the couch he was laying on before and looks around. Only to find himself in a white surrounding with no doors, no windows, no yellow light and no darkness at the same time. Just pure white. Liu Xu Yuan recognizes the room after a momentary dazedness. He has returned to his sea of consciousness.

 

How did I get here…?

 

He remembers he’s supposed to be in a new world after the last one. …Last one? Thinking of the last world, his head starts hurting. Liu Xu Yuan can’t help but curl his body up in a ball. It hurts, whenever he tried to think he can’t seem to remember anything just a short lapse of pieces of the memories. For example, Liu Xu Yuan sees himself as a doctor in the last world and successfully help the original owner to fulfill his wish? It seems he didn’t fail, although he can’t very carefully remember every detail but as long as the higher up didn’t issue any red marks for him, the situation isn’t so bad. Before he lost consciousness, Liu Xu Yuan seems to heard a ringing alarm in his ears. Um, what was it again?

 

A robotic, monotonic voice sounded in the same place as him and enters his ears.

 

[Ding! Welcome back, host. Because the host’s emotional state starts to lose control, this system has to open the port and lock the host’s soul in to recuperate. In other words, outside you are in a coma to recover.]

 

Liu Xu Yuan pulls down the hand that repeatedly holds his temple, turns to look sideway. I see a small ball of white with long ears drooping down and small pitch-black eye on the right side and whit eye on the left side staring at him. A baby rabbit? Liu Xu Yuan stares back, he didn’t notice the competitivities in the black whirlpool. After looking for about half an incense, his dizziness calms down. The body loosens, no longer in pain. Feeling the strength and power flowing through his veins, Liu Xu Yuan straightens his back and starts to meditate after giving the rabbit an “Um.”

 

Seeing this, the rabbit leans down on the soft cushion next to him and closes its two-colored pupils in rest.

 

Alas, it seems Master still can’t break this cycle of broken memories… It seems to get worse than before, this amnesiac condition…

 

Its small mind revolts in a pattern, it doesn’t know when it had already fallen asleep. Liu Xu Yuan doesn’t know what inner thoughts and troubles his pet has at the moment. His mind starts to circulate the qi rewarded from the previous world. The qi starts to surround him in a pure white-yellow mixed color as they got closer the color changes in a blink of an eye and began to be absorbed directly into the meditative-state boy’s body, flowing into his meridians. The unease and discomfort receive the warm, gentle energy helping to heal the wounded part. Luckily, I didn’t pull open any vital points otherwise I don’t know how I’m going to fix it. After adjusting the qi to sleeps in his body, Liu Xu Yuan opens his eyes and give the white rabbit a glance.

 

A pop-up screen appear in mid-air and the conspicuous red words very effectively attracts the owner’s sight. It is his account balance. His mouth twitch after seeing the amount of money left. Haiya, how can I raise myself and my pet from this small balance, ah? But I feel that my balance should be a seven figure, ba? Liu Xu Yuan glances at the red balance again, his teeth gnashes as he stares hatefully at the negative balance, looking like he wants to smash the box. Aware of the gloominess radiated from its master, the rabbit wakes up in fright. It assumes a fighting stance ready for a match. Liu Xu Yuan looks at the stupid thing, his eyes asking ‘Are you a fool?’

 

The rabbit receives the questioning eyes and feels embarrassed and wronged, ah. I woke up and thought my master is in danger but my master looks at me as if my IQ is very low. Tell this system how should it feel if not sad, ba?! I was worried and concerned but now humph! It doesn’t care anymore whether this host of it is in trouble! Want this golden finger to help you? Hehe, kneel down to beg and call this system father! Then maybe this grandfather will help you abit. Otherwise… hehe.

 

The system completely forgets to hide its thoughts in its eyes. Liu Xu Yuan finds it funny, this little thing seems more aggressive than before? He turns back to look at the red balance, a dull sigh escapes his lips and another comes repeatedly. Actually, it is not wrong for him to look at the system like that after all they are inside his sea of consciousness and this is a definite most safe place for them to be in. So how could there be danger yet this stupid fur completely disregarding that fact and looks ready to go into a match? Tsk, tsk. Really small and dumb. I am forced to raise a low IQ rabbit and this rabbit claims to be my golden finger, ah ah ah how will I complete my tasks in the future successfully hmm?

 

Seeing its host not asking it why it is upset, the system feels more wronged but like a good, efficient A-grade system it quickly cheers up and follows its master sight. Turning, the system is suddenly blinded by the red light! Its little black-white paws in an attempt to rub its eyes, blink, close and open only to see the same number. It fell its very soul leave the small body, trembling and shaking unable to believe its eyes. Liu Xu Yuan looks at the play directed by his naïve pet, again sighing.

 

This little thing is even getting more dramatic? Worthy of this monster-film-emperor host ah.

 

The system once again rises from the dead. Liu Xu Yuan wants to laugh, is this little guy playing a skit?

 

[D-D-Do not panic, host! This system will hastily ask the higher ups about this issue! This will be solved directly!]

 

“Well, you go then.”

 

Getting an approval, the system hurriedly lifts its small legs and dash to another white wall and disappear out of sight. Only one thing is on its head.

 

What a joke! We were so rich and now it’s all gone in a blink of a world! This feeling of getting robbed overnight, who can tell this little system how to react, ah! If not feeling like the world is ending, what else?! Are there any suitable emotions to react to this!? Ah Ah Ah my sweet little candies I’m coming for you!

 

Leaving a round of sad bursts and complaints, the small capacity of its brain completely forgot that it is an AI and cannot feel any emotions.

 

Inside the white space, only he himself is alone. However, unlike before where he felt safe and unbothered, his heart feels hollow and empty like, like he should not be alone right here right now…

 

The strange feelings flash again and Liu Xu Yuan feels uncontrollably irritated. He quickly calms his breath, in case his emotional state broke again. At that time, I’m not sure what will happen. Leaning against the white sofa, Liu Xu Yuan closes his eyes. As his breathing slows down and carefully sinking into the soft cushion, Liu Xu Yuan doesn’t notice the color white seeps and change into another color. However, there is no one here to tell him of this strange occurrence after all,

 

…He is all by himself.

 

The moment his eyelashes open, a shout of condemnation and blame flows right into his ears mixed with cries and miserable sobs. Taking in the surrounding he arrives in and immediately understands that he is a new world.

5