Assembling
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first few classes went well. Good! They had some of Drake’s favourite: English, History and French. Not much was happening, but he’d be prepared for the work.

It was lunchtime now, and Lucy met up with him in the cafeteria.

“Hi new friend! How’s it gooooo- Erik!”

She flung herself into the boy’s arms, grinning.

“Hi! I have such great news! Do you want to know who my roommate is?”

“No, I’m frightened, who is it?” Erik asked anyway.

Lucy lowered her voice.

“It’s the famous Freya!”

“What?!” Erik exclaimed, his eyes widening. “How can it be?”

“She requested to room with me,” Lucy continued. “I know!!! I’m wondering why too!! Why me? Why not me?! But why me?!”

“Is this not a good thing?” Drake asked.

“This is a wonderful thing!” Lucy exclaimed. She threw her hands in the air. “This is amazing! I am rooming with the famous Freya.”
“Why is she so famous?” Drake started to ask. He didn’t have to.

 

Because the so-called famous Freya was approaching their table.

She balanced a tray across her arms, ignoring the crowd behind her and looking at the three of them like they were of utmost importance. She smiled a dazzling smile.

“Are those seats free?”

She pointed to the seats across from them. Lucy immediately nodded.

“Yes! They are.”

“Great! May I sit with you?”

“O-O-Of course!”

Freya beamed again, sitting down and smoothening her school uniform skirt.

She looked up at the people passing by and raised her hands.

“Leon!” She called. “Over here!”

She beckoned this person over. Drake could recognise him as the brother that Lucy had pointed out earlier that morning.

Erik was staring in shock. He looked over at Lucy, who was echoing his expression.

There was someone following the brother. The two of them sat by Freya.

“Hey, Leon!” Freya greeted her brother. “Who’s this?”
“This is my cool roommate,” the brother, Leon said. “This is Graham.”

“Hey.” Graham gave them all a smile. Erik suddenly looked like he’d rather not be here.

The two of them locked eyes and Graham smirked.

“Oh, it’s Erik.”

“Yes, hello Graham,” Erik replied, suddenly finding the table in front of him very interesting and staring at it.

Before Drake (or anyone else) could ask what was wrong, he could hear another shriek. Except this time it wasn’t of delight.

 

The cafeteria doors opened, and people started murmuring. A tall, very strong (and very scary) looking guy came through the doors. He had such piercing aqua eyes and a gruff expression.

“There’s no way he can be just a high schooler,” Drake muttered.

“Sh! He’s been held back a lot,” Lucy hissed.

“Why?” Drake asked.

“I don’t know.”
“I heard it was because he assaulted a member of staff,” Leon added.

“Or was it a student?” Graham wondered.

“I don’t think we should make up rumours,” Freya reminded them.

“Ah, but sis-“
“Shh! He’s just… Scary.”
“…. Who is he?” Drake asked.

“That’s Rolf,” Freya explained, keeping her eye on him. “He’s… He’s interesting.”

“Should I stay away from him?” Drake wondered.

“I think you should,” Lucy said.

“Hey, Erik, stop staring at the scary guy,” Graham called, grinning.

The others turned to him, and yep. Erik was completely mesmerised by this guy, almost following his movements with his eyes.

“Erik, you’ll make him come over and I’m not in the mood to get crushed,” Graham continued.

Drake lightly tapped his shoulder and Erik shook his head, turning back to them.

“Well,” he mumbled. “He’s good looking.”
Freya laughed. Her laugh was golden and pure. She shook her head a little, smiling.

“Oh, that’s a perfect excuse, I love that. But let’s not stare at scary people, hm? Though I’m sure he’s totally fine.”

As soon as those words left her lips, Rolf slammed a tray on an empty table, making it echo throughout the hall.

“Totally fine, she said,” Leon teased, rolling his eyes.

“Ah, shush.”

Freya waved him off, and turned to Drake, her eyes glittering.

 

“You’re new here, then?”

Wow, that was a quick change of subject.

Drake nodded. This would be a recurring thing, huh?

“He’s the scholarship guy,” Erik said.

The others gasped.

“Really?”
“Oh, goodness!”

“You must be really smart then.”
It was hard to say that Drake didn’t enjoy the attention.

“Since you’re so new here, we’d better show you how this system works,” Freya offered with a warm smile.

“I have Lucy and I have Erik to help me,” Drake started.

“Good choices,” Freya replied.

“… But I wouldn’t mind more help,” he finished shyly.

“Certainly!” Freya laughed again. “I’ll help whenever I can, when I’m not being chased down. Leon, you will help too, right?”
“Yeah sure, whatever.”

“And Graham too?”
“I shall!”

 

And that was that! Drake had a team now. It was a good team, but it was only the first day so time would tell what would go on.

It was good to have a team around you.

 

The church bell rang in the distance. It was time for another activity.

1