Another Work day
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

π’πšπœπ«πšπ¦πžπ§π­π¨, π‚πšπ₯𝐒𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐒𝐚 𝐗𝐗/𝐗𝐗/𝐗𝐗𝐗 | 𝟐:πŸ‘πŸ 𝐩.𝐦.

Β  Β Β [Third POV]

Β Rae smiled sweetly, waving and telling another costumer goodbye as they walk out. Sighing, he begins to wipe the counter down. One of his coworkers, Sam, walks out of the back area with a box of cups, straws and all other things that needed to be restocked. With nod of greeting towards her, he continued to wipe down the counters.Β Β It wasn't no surprise for so few customers to come by, it was the time most of the citizens were returning to work or school as the lunch break was coming to an end. Speaking of which, his was coming soon. He had planned to go to the pizza place down the road, but with the way his wallet was looking, he'd have to buy something from the bakery with his employee discount.

Sam sighed, "You know Rae, you gotta find some friends or something. You can't keep taking double shifts." Rae also sighed, looking at Sam. He couldn't say he didn't agree with her, but he honestly felt like he had to continue working so hard. His parents had taught him that much. Though, his parents weren't really horrid, or even bad in a way, they just taught him since he was young that he has to work to get what he needs. Now, here he is, 19 and in an crowded apartment, roommates who are too wasteful for their own good, and a job at a coffee shop. He doesn't know what he missed, but apparently, it was something huge.

"Yeah, I know. But seriously, who in the world would want to be friends withΒ me?" His argument was very stupid, he knew this. He was often described as a "dream man" by girls and boys alike, getting someone's number as a tip happened so much, he could practically start a paper recycling business with all the paper he was given. Well, not entirely, but you get the point. He had gotten so many random people's phone numbers, and he could write a whole book with the amount of pick-up lines are creative flirting tactics people had used on him.Β And the look on Sam's face agreed with him.

She knew men and women would love to date him on his looks alone, but he just couldn't see it. He was bisexual, he wore that with pride, so seeing how both men and women wanted him, Sam thought he'd be stoked but no. She quickly learned that Rae had some sort of hatred for relationships, and she honestly didn't think it was because some sort of partner because he hated friendships just the same. She went over and ruffled his hair, "Well, you keep thinking that." Sam smiled down at Rae's confused expression, "Well, after this customer, take the time off the rest of the day. I'll take care of big boss and the rest of the day."

Before Rae could stop Sam from walking to the back area again, a middle aged woman - who looked about 35 to 40 - came up to the counter, and he sighed with a soft smile. He knew Sam would do something like this one day, he just knew it. Putting on his usual smile, he set the rag down and walked over to the cash register to take their order. "Hello Mx. and Welcome to Cherry Feild Cafe, what can I get for you?"Β 

  • ΰΌΆβ€’β”ˆβ”ˆβ›§β”ˆβ™› β™›β”ˆβ›§β”ˆβ”ˆβ€’ΰΌΆ

He handed the woman their coffee, "One iced, french vanilla coffee?"Β TheyΒ nodded and smiled, "Yes, thank you Rae." Right after they turned to leave, they paused and quickly turned back around. "Oh! I almost forgot your tip," They used one hand and reached into their pocket, grabbing a paper that looked quite old and was slightly burnt around the edges and handed it to Rae. "Have a good day and enjoy the tip!" They then walked out, leaving Rae looking at the paper curiously. Most of the time, people would write their number down on a napkin and a pen infront of him, and those few times someone had a paper ready, it was a business card or something similar so he doubted it could be a phone number.

With a small huff, he decided to open the folded paper as he ate. So, he put it in his pocket and went to the backrooms, his thoughts already swirling with ideas on what this note could be.

0