CHAPTER 1: Wondering soul
279 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

A sudden trouble like any other occurred to a human on earth. He was caught by robbers in a bank as a hostage. As they got the money, Robber A and Robber B made a run for it while ditching the poor Robber C who had no clue.

Robber C got surrounded by ‘the always late and serious Mr. Police’. And me Robert Wingman, a 22 old with new goals became the miserable hostage that is tied with a robe and currently a freaking gun was pointed on my head.

Honestly, I wasn’t panicking, after all I am the heir of the Wingman family, and these Japanese robbers should’ve gathered this much information if they wanted to rob this bank. The Wingman family will likely move the military of an associated country if I get kidnapped and immediate execution to the kidnapper. Well, this guy will probably have the same fate when the military arrive.

Robber C started to breathe harder and sweaty, it is really smelly. He kept looking the police and then he turned his gaze toward me, keeping me closer to his smelly mouth. I instantly had a bad feeling when his breathe got heavier and faster.

He got agitated by himself?!!

Boom! A bullet penetrated my head from my left side and blood flowed.

I cursed this guy that shot me in the head while also blaming my father. If not for the bullshit he spewed about the ‘route’ he chose for me, I wouldn’t have ended like this.

“AAAAAAAH” bystanders screaming

...

 

_FLASHBACK_

~ Last year on Wingman household ~

Dining room

“Robert! When you finish your college next year, you’ll be sent to the East branch Bank as an employee.” - father

“What... why?” what is he saying this time?

“Listen Robert when I was young, I also started from the bottom, the same for your grandfather and great grandfather. This is the route we Wingman have taken for generation and naturally, YOU WILL RIGHT!” - father

“But…” Here we go again, another forced choice

“No buts. *Sigh* Robert?” - father

“…Yes?”

“Do you not get it? If you wish to be a leader. You need to go battle with you fellow soldiers, eventually you’ll learn to grow and gain immense experience and wisdom. If you succeed, you’ll be recognised and naturally people will gather around you admitting your leadership. This was how we got to where we are” - father

“But… I mean what if you fail in that so called battle?” Hell no! Who in their right mind would like to do all that shit when there’s an elevator ready Infront of you.

“*Sigh* Robert! Unless you give up, you can continue fighting until you achieve your victory. Robert, this is the route to our success and yours hopefully.” - father

Ugh…! At least the east branch bank is on Japan, I guess I will treat it as a vacation and watch some anime. Oh, and I can try making an anime…Hehe

_FLAHBACK ENDS_

...

 

So, this is how die. My life in Japan was fruitful, I had the opportunity to enjoy various places and learned a new culture, and I wanted more. But this is the end, at least I hoped the famous truck will give me the honour to get isekai’d.

Looking back, I can pitifully say that I was never given an option. No, my life was decided before I was born, I was not even allowed to use my money until I become an adult. A lecture after a lecture. And then…

As I was reminiscing angrily about my past life, I remembered that I died.

“Bloody Jesus!” I got shivers on my face if I had one!

Not how I was able to think after dying or the fact that I am a soul but realising how stable my mind was after knowing all that. At the same time the world suddenly became clear as if it realised, I woke up.

Once again, a realisation hit me, but this time it slapped my face.

“Is this what I think?” If I had eyes, it would definitely shine in gold glitter and screaming

“Isekai Reincarnation” my voice sounds dull and lifeless. Well, being only a soul is a boring, but at least I dont have worries. Now then, where is my guide?

Hmm, since I am the only soul here and my body is gone. This is most likely would end up as a reincarnation or if lucky a possession type. However, I am not so sure unless I found… a god or guide whatever! I kept searching endlessly, I don’t feel like time has passed. What if no one is here?

But I won’t give up, this is a chance to change my… my…soul... fate? Whatever this is a chance.

After a very long time or… seemingly a very short time…?  Two portals appeared.

“Finally!” I was never tired in my search, but I feel like I became smaller existence.

The right portal was glowing white silver

The left portal was pitch dark shadow

 

3