Chapter 9: Fall In Love With Me.
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9. Fall in love with me.
When Faize handed her a white flower, her heart fluttered in her throat. A light blush suffused her cheeks as she took the flower and held it gently in her hands, taking in its scent. A sentimental gesture, one that Lymle wouldn’t have thought Faize would have directed towards her. But he smiled at her, the smile reaching his eyes, and Lymle smiled too in response. She couldn’t speak out of joy, and light-headed dizziness overcame her as the surreal situation began to unfold. Here was Faize in front of her, alive and well, but most importantly, smiling at her. Faize didn’t speak, though the flower that he handed her stated his intentions well enough.

Lymle held the flower in her hand, and she then wrapped her arms around Faize and held him close, as though he would melt right into her heart. How she had missed him so! How she had despaired when she heard that Faize had fallen into the abyss, never to be seen again. All that she knew was that her Faize was here, her Faize was real, and Faize was by her side, warm and welcoming. Faize returned the hug, wrapping his arms around Lymle’s petite shoulders before he knelt down and kissed the top of her hand gently. Lymle’s heart swelled with love for him, and suddenly she wanted more than a kiss on the hand, she wanted to kiss him on the lips, to taste him.

Lymle takes the initiative and gives Faize a lasting kiss, though it was a little awkward and shy, like two moths bumping together in the night. Yet Faize deepened the kiss between them and Lymle was blushing once more with intense heat in her cheeks. Once they parted away from one another, the two of them left breathless and blushing, though satisfied with their first kisses being sated in one another.

“You’ve grown, Lymle,” Faize stated, and Lymle nodded in response to his answer.

“Dumb Faize,” Lymle said, though this was said in an affectionate tone rather than an insulting one. “I thought you left me alone, forever. I didn’t know what I’d do without you. I’m so glad you’re back home. Come live with me on Lemuris.”

His fingers intertwined with her own, and Lymle looked up towards Faize while he smiled down upon her.

“I think I could spend the rest of the days in Lemuris. With you, Lymle.”

“There are so many things I wanted to tell you.”

“There are also things I’ve wanted to say, but have been too proud to say before. But Lymle, I…”

He hesitated for a moment, and Lymle waited in anticipation for his answer. But she already knew the answer, what he was going to say. The flower in her hand proved to be the very thing that showed his love for her. Still, to hear him say that he loved her was something that her girlish heart would have cherished forever.

“I love you too, Faize,” Lymle said in a whisper, and Faize gave her a brilliant smile at this.

“Oh Lymle, my affections for you have never wavered. I promise you that.”

Lymle felt tears involuntarily streaming down her porcelain cheeks, and Faize looked at her in confusion. Her heart was glad to hear those words, especially since Lymle acted cold towards Faize sometimes, mainly because she felt that he viewed her as a baby. Baby Lymle, not a mature young woman like Reimi or Myuria. It was stupid of her to cry, she shed enough tears over Faize’s supposed death, and now Faize was here with her now. But the tears still came, unbidden, and Faize gently wiped them away from Lymle’s eyes.

“I always wanted to hear you say that,” Lymle whispered. “That you loved me. I loved you too, you know. And despite everything, I love you now.”

“I know that I’ve done some terrible things,” Faize said as he glanced away a bit awkwardly, biting his lip. “I’m not sure if I can ever make amends. But Lymle, did you know what I was thinking while I was falling into the abyss? I can’t die here, not now. I still haven’t told Lymle that I’ve loved her. Through some miracle, I have survived to share this sentiment with you.”

“Don’t beat yourself up, Faize,” Lymle said as she placed another gentle kiss on his lips. “It’s in the past now. You’re now home now. That’s all that matters.”

0