Chapter 2 – Pregnancy
1.1k 6 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oceatica woke up from a wild night with her husband. She used her magic to check if she did get impregnated. She just could not wait. Her mana drifted through her tummy and carried the information inside it to her. She needed to focus in order to be able to detect her Ovum and check if it was fertilized.

Kitsunes can only get impregnated if they have 9 tails and yesterday she finally got her last one and she wanted children badly. Having lived for 138 years before having children with her hunk of a man was torture.

Her husband, Flamitar, woke up and asked half asleep, “morning sweety, and? Did it work?”

Oceantica turned her head to him and kissed him. “I don't know if you distract me from my concentration.”

They lay side by side for 10 minutes both focusing on her belly and what was happening inside of it.

Oceantica was the first to say, “I think I can sense it, I think it worked.” She bursted out in to tears. Wanting to have a child and deciding on it more than 20 years ago and still needing 4 more tails it was a big relief to finally be this far.

They remained in the tent in the forest for the rest of the day just relaxing and basking in the glory that is having a child coming.

During the evening they once again used their mana to check up on their child. They discovered that the cell cluster had split resulting in identical twins. Something like that happens equally often for kitsunes and humans. The only difference is that because kitsunes develop a mana affinity in the womb the twins often kill one another accidentally. Sometimes it does not happen but those are exceptions. Kitsunes twins are for this reason very rare.

Oceatica bursts out in tears. Her first children are likely to die before even getting born while at the same time looking out to her children was truly too much.

Flamitar tries to calm her down while not also bursting out in tears. “We should go to the village, maybe they can help or give advice. Itorious or Firetta might know an answer.”

They barely slept that night.

-----

After a day of nearly reckless travel Flamitar and Oceatica arrived at the village. When they arrived they spotted a gigantic statue of a dragon with nine kitsune tails in the center of the village. One that didn't exist last time they were there. Some of the other  kitsunes were dancing a tribal ritualistic dance around it.

Flamitar couldn’t take the joke at the moment. “Can you guys get serious? Oceatica here is expecting twins.”

The implications of those twins were big, the rest of the village knew how much she wanted children and the implication of twins hit them hard.

The statue was quickly dismantled and a house for us to use was created before the end of the hour. Or more like the end of the ten minute timer. Furniture included. That is a perk of having that many kitsunes with different affinities living around.

The house was built out of dirt and reinforced to resist water and other minor damage. 3 rooms in total, one living room kitchen combo and 2 bedrooms. One for the couple and one for their children.

Itorious came as an illusion, he was a 20 meter long western style dragon, those don’t fit in normal houses. He had an illusion affinity and lived in a cave under the kitsune village, also known as one of the few known gathering points of illusion mana.

Firetta also joined the couple. “Sorry, I do not have the knowledge or power to help your children get born safely.” She said as she walked in.

Itorious added, “not even a dragon could help you, maybe one of the gods but I do not see them meddle with kitsunes that easily. Lack of faith and all that.”

Firetta concluded, “we can only hope they will not reject one another.”

-----

7 weeks have passed since Flamitar and Oceatica arrived back at the village. Oceatica did her normal morning routine of checking how the two children are developing. She detected an anomaly: spatial mana was gathering in the minds of both her children.

She quickly got Spacital to look at it, to see if their local space expert could identify what was going on.

“I can see that the mana is collecting in their minds and seems to make a permanent connection in the minds of both of them. I can not identify what it is doing or its purpose. I guess someone is meddling with your children. I have a favor of the God of Space left. I will use that to figure out what is going on. I will be right back.”

Itorious and Firetta also got called into Oceatica’s home and together with Flamitar they had a discussion on what could be going on.

They all felt Spacital teleporting to the front door so they turned to face and hear what he had to say. Spacital rushed in and took a couple breaths to stabilize himself. “I have bad, neutral and good news.”

“Start with it all, in that order.” Replied Oceatica.

“The bad news is that the one that is influencing your pregnancy has often strange motives and works on whims and is barely understood by the gods. The neutral news is that she has told the gods to not mess with your children unless they give the gods a good reason for it. The good news is that she is so powerful and does so many ridiculous things that it is almost guaranteed that your pregnancy will succeed.”

“Thank you whoever you are.”

A sudden voice from the entrance replied, “you're welcome”

At the entrance stood a wolfkin but with human ears and wolf ears. Normal wolf color scheme, her human part seems to be an average kind of flat chested human female. She wore a tank top that left her belly bare and a simple skirt. At the back side of the skirt were 2 short swords. She had sneakers as shoes and some socks. Her face seemed average and she had a hair band that made sure all her ears and face remained hair free. She did not seem to care about all the spells that tried to identify her and who she was.

Flamitar did not know what to do. The wolfkin was in the door and no evidence could be found that she was something else, but the power behind her presence was zero. This made it look like even a simple slime could kill her with ease, but she moved with a confidence that spoke volumes about what she could do with the small twin swords that were behind her hips.

Flamitar decided that the best option was to let her be unless she did something strange.

The wolfkin walked to Oceatica, “I am indeed the one that “messed” with your pregnancy.”

Oceatica asked a simple, “why? What is it that you get out of this?”

The wolfkin approached Oceatica and asked “May I?” while gesturing at her belly.

After a quick “yes” from Oceatica the wolfkin rubs her belly with care and continued:

“I noticed your circumstances and foresaw that you would have a miscarriage. So I took the liberty to make a quick one sided deal. I save your children, I slightly change their mana affinities and I decide what soul will inhabit their body. Seems to me like a fair deal, no?”

Itorious spoke up and said with power, “You could have informed us about it before you started.”

The power that normally brought normal humans to their knees did not affect the wolf kin at all. “I started the manipulation 4 months ago, would any of you have believed me back then? No, you would not have. Yes, I could also have made her birth a single child but I thought it would be better to let her have twins still. It is not everyday you get someone this powerful to make sure your pregnancy goes fine.”

This stumped them all. A bit later the wolfkin stood up and spoke once again, “The affinities have been shifted from fire and water to heat and cold.” She turned around and walked to the front door. When she passed Spacital she stopped and said. “I made the spatial tunnel strong enough to survive everything you can throw at it. So, go wild with experiments.” She continued her walk to the front door.

The rest of the group shared a quick look with one another and when they looked back the wolf kin was gone. All the spells they fired to relocate where she was turned up nothing in a 20 kilometer radius. No spatial disturbance, nothing. It was like she was never there to begin with.

Spacital is the first to recover, “I think that was the being whom the God of space referred to. They call her E-Wolf, it stands for Eldritch-wolf. What I got to hear from the God of space was that she always has zero power behind her presence like what we just saw and often has wolf parts visible. A different pantheon once underestimated her and launched an attack. A few seconds after the declaration of attack that pantheon no longer existed.”

Itorious replied, “I believe I have some inherent memories of some actions she has taken. Those also display feats that make that story realistic. I honestly did not believe those memories but seeing her give zero fucks about my presence and power and with her appearance and disappearance like that. Scary.”

Firetta said, “Well I guess the two of you now need to come up with some names, I don’t think she will mind us talking about her visit but I do not think anyone will believe us.”

30