Chapter 5 – childhood
869 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Since Katerine is the MC and she has 2 bodies she controls, I use 3 names to refer to the MC, Katerine, Vulcania and Glacia. To make it a bit clear, Katerine is them both and refers to the mind itself. Glacia and Vulcania refer to the bodies. So the sentence “Glacia got taught magic while Vulcania got taught history.” Tells you what body is where while Katerine does the actual learning.
I hope this is not too confusing and clears things up when I do not constantly tell “Katerine with her Glacia body got taught magic.” That sh*t gets annoying way too fast and does not actually add anything to the story.

 

5 year old Glacia and Vulcania were playing with two light gray and light green air affinity brothers that were 2 and 4 years older than them. They played a game of guess who and they used their illusion powers to show a person and the others needed to guess who it was.

It was the turn of Vulcania, she used her powers to slowly create a brown-gray earth affinity kitsune named Mountos.

Katerine took a moment to appreciate her being in this moment playing with friends and finally having a childhood. How she missed being this carefree and just playing around. She promised that she would never let go of her carefree attitude just like most adults around her nowadays. Living free and in the moment, something so very few could do yet she wanted to do it, in her first life she failed and she got a chance for a second life that looked like a very rare opportunity and guaranteed that she would not experience a third one. She would make the most of it.

“Oh is it Rockert?” guessed Fliet, the older of the two brothers taking Katerine out of her thoughts.

“No,” Answered Vulcania, “you are getting closer.”

Vulcania focused on her illusion affinity. Sculpted the seven tails of Mountos clearly, or tried to. It looked more like seven brown spikes with gray ends coming out of a trench worm. Illusions are hard to make, only for a third party does it look good. For the creator, who sees all the mistakes, illusions are the worst.

She slowly added the muscular build of Mountos to her illusion. This made it look like a muscled trench worm with seven brown spikes coming out its back. Not her best work but at least you could identify it vaguely as a kitsune.

“It is Mountos!” Shouted Aeroto full of enthusiasm.

“Correct” was the reply. Vulcania collapsed from exhaustion. They had been playing this game for a few hours already. “Let’s prank someone.”

Fliet responded, “Let’s go and kidnap one of Animila beasts and hide it in the forest.”

Animila has a combination of a tiger pattern with a zebra pattern as accents for her colors. Her affinity was with beasts and animals, she could talk and understand them. What Katerine understood is that animals and beasts barely have anything resembling the concept of language let alone language itself the animals were still very wild. Animila had a few different animals she kept with her for one reason or another. Most of them got hurt at some point and got nursed back to health.

Glacia replied while putting one finger in the air, “One, even the weakest, the kangaroo is going to beat us up.” She put up a second finger. “Two, that goes over multiple rules of kitsune pranking, you should know that by now.” She raised a third finger. “Three, we are not even allowed in the forest.”

Katerine mentally goes over the kitsune rules of pranking.

  1. Use items that cost little and have little emotional value.
  2. Never use an others appearance without their permission.
  3. Always keep an eye on your pranks to make sure they do not go wrong.
  4. Never teach something wrong as a prank.
  5. Make sure that damages of your pranks are easily fixed and always pay for the damage you have caused that you can not fix on your own.

 

Fliets plan does not conform to numbers 1 and 5 and possibly 3 as well.

Fliet responded angry, “one, that you are that weak is not my problem. Two, I do not care about those. Three, like that rule would stop me.”

Glacia answered back with some aggression, “one, weaknesses are things you need to know about yourself. Two, that is the exact reason why your mother is so often angry at you. Three, you have already tried that multiple times and triggered spells of the adults that make sure we children stay close to the village.”

In the meantime of this discussion Vulcania grabs the rope they used for rope jumping before their guessing game and conspires with Aeroto to bind the two bickering people to each other.

Fliet shouts angry back, “I am the oldest here so I know best! You should listen to me and just follow my plan. You always deny my pranks ideas with those stupid reasons.”

Katerine revealed in this argument, something that goes over nothing and just ‘who shouts the hardest is right’, no logic just being a child. What a relaxing experience this was.

Glacia shouted back, “You’re wrong, you are not the smartest!”

“I am right!”

“WRONG!”

“RIGHT!”

“WRONG!!”

“RIGHT!!!”

“WRONG!!!”

“RIGHT!!!”

“Get pranked!” intervened Aeroto while pulling the rope tight and binding Glacia and Fliet together.

“Peace?” asked Glacia, “to get the little gremlin?”

“Peace.” Answered Fliet, “Sure, but first your little sister, she is already running away.”

A wild chase ensued throughout the village. With multiple other kitsunes messing with us, heavy wind against and with us depending on who we were running past. Running through mud. Spells to accelerate or slow us down. Some kitsunes were on the Vulcania and Aeroto team and helped them and gave us trouble, others were on the Glacia and Fliet team and did the reverse. It devolved into a spell battle that involved more than half the village in two not very clear parties.

Some “missed” their spells and hit the other kitsunes that were pasted in their no longer very little chase. Others boosted or hindered both teams. Others just used the distraction to mess with the goods of someone else.

It did not differ that much from the average lively day in kitsune village.

An unique atmosphere that you agreed to keep by living in the village. If you did not you needed to leave. Only six none kitsunes lived here, one dragon, one cat-kin girl lover from one, two elf lovers from others, one human ghost that was a lover of a death aligned kitsune and lastly an half cat-kin child. The twenty animal pets of Animila do not count. The other 94 inhabitants were all kitsunes.

29