Chapter 12 – The other side of the guild
530 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glacia and Vulcania walked into the tavern part of the guild. This side also was relatively quiet. A party was eating, a few were at the bar already drinking. A single party was waiting in the corner, it was a party of three, two male and one female. Katerine estimated they also were about 17 years old. The female had brown hair and looked like a healer of some kind if stereotypes were to be believed. Both males had black hair, one of the two looked like he had yet to figure out how to care for himself but had tried anyway. He had a two handed sword next to his chair and wore leather armor. The other had a much better look and wore some leather armor strengthened with steel plates and had a shield and axe next to his chair.

Glacia and Vulcania walked up to the party of three younglings. They heard from a distance the swordsman whisper, “Wow, what race are they? Those tails look very fluffy, I wonder if I can touch them.”

The healer whispered back, “I think they are kitsunes. Not much is known about them; the myths and legends that are known paint them as the greatest humanoid magicians. I do not know their culture but I can only assume that just like any other race with a tail it is a bad idea to just pet their tails. Besides, they look like fourteen year olds.”

Katerine was so glad kitsune ears were as great at hearing as they were tall.

Glacia and Vulcania walked up to the party of three.

Glacia asked, “could we join the three of you?”

The axe guy answered, “Sure, that gives us something to do while we wait on the man for the practical test. I will warn you, that idiot might want to pet your tails.”

Vulcania went to a seat and said, “ah, we are also waiting for him. We are just getting registered. Thanks for the warning.”

The axe guy replied, “We registered as well. I am Rickerd, nice to meet you.”

He shakes his hands with both of the twins. The sword dude speaks up after him. “I am Kiyoshi, future hero.” 

Rickerd hit the back of his head. “No need to tell that delusion to everyone you meet.”

The healer sighed and ignored the two men starting to fight. “I am Leona, and who are you?”

Glacia said, “I am Glacia, and this is my twin.”

“Vulcania, nice to meet you.” continued Vulcania.

After shaking hands everyone sat down. Vulcania opened with a question. “What are you guys planning to do after you get your rankings?”

Kiyoshi answered, “because I am the hero I need to collect blessings from as many gods as possible before the fight breaks out. So I want to travel to various head temples of different gods. These two decided to join me on my quest. And you?”

Glasia answered, “well, nowhere in particular, we just wanted to see the world. Would the three of you mind if we join you? You seem like chill people.”

Leona got flustered, “will you want to join our party? well, s-sure, you would be welcome. What are your preferred fighting positions? We already have two front liners and a supporter.”

Vulcania responded with a simile, “don’t get so flustered, you will regret letting us into your parties at some point. We are two mages.”

Rickerd asked, “well my knowledge of kitsunes is very bad, so let me ask. Are you kitsunes?”

Glacia with a straight face said, “no we are two tailed fox kin.”

Rickard scratched the backside of his head. “Well I am sorry for assuming your race.”

Leona looks very confused, “but two tailed fox kins do not exist. Right?”

Kiyoshi bursted out in laughter and soon after the twins followed. After having a good laugh they shared the fact that they were indeed kitsunes.

Rickerd asked his friend with a look of indignation, “why did you start laughing first?”

“Well the one thing I do know about kitsunes is that they love a prank or a joke and will take nearly every opportunity to make one.” Came the cheery response from Kiyoshi.

Leona said with a sigh, “I guess that day for regret came a bit sooner than expected. I think we would need to set some rules for the pranks if you two joining us was not a prank as well.”

Vulcania responded, “No it was no joke, I think it will be for the best to just follow the standard kitsune rules of pranking.” She proceeded to explain what those were.

Rickerd has a sharp moment, “Wait, was you telling you were two tailed fox kin not against the rule of teaching something wrong?”

Glacia answered, “we all play a bit loose when it is about yourself. The consequences are only for yourself after all. And will almost certainly recoil back to the one that made the joke in the first place if it is not resolved.”

They continued talking about various subjects. Until Kiyoshi finally got the courage to ask Vulcania. “May I touch your tails? They look so soft and fully.”

Vulcania got a grin on her face, “if you dare.” She channeled loads of heat mana and illusion mana to her tails to make it seem like they spontaneous combusted into fire. “I dare you to do it.” Glacia used some cold mana to wrap around the heat mana to prevent any real fires from coming into existence. This also made it feel a lot less warm than it in reality was, burns were almost guaranteed.

Rickerd hit the back of Kiyoshi, “good luck ma dude. You asked so you shall get.” Kiyoshi swallowed and suddenly was not very sure this was a good idea to begin with.

By peer pressure he slowly extended his hand and felt out how hot the tail was. Just as the courage was building up, Vulcania couldn't help but add, “Also, do you have a room near here to visit to take care of my mood afterwards?”

Just before he had collected himself and could answer, a man in his forties walked up to them. “Are you the five people that need to be tested for a strength rank?”

18