Lost
354 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the balcony of my room, I was leaning on the partition while looking at the three moon of this world. I had found out that the time in Foleria was the same with Earth hence I was aware that it was past 9 already just by looking at the clock in the room.

"Goddamnit..I should have known" I clenched my fist, frustrated at how the meeting with the king went down a while ago.

When Ben stated his condition for joining the war as a soldier which demanded the exclusion of his twin sister, Rea, I was soon convinced as well as shocked that it was the reason why the two had been ignoring each other from the time we had come back from the temple. 

Those two have always stuck together through thick and thin ever since I could remember, sure they have fights from time to time but those issues are just resolved after a little while, they got along so well that it's hard to believe that they would act like this, now of all times even.

A fight broke out right after Ben stated his demand ,both parties shouting at each other with Rea arguing that she wants to fight too alongside Irelia, it was her role and it was also her own will however Ben argued that he will do his sister's share of war power if the King allowed his selfishness. It was chaos, both didn't want to listen to the other and me in that situation could only watch as I didn't know how to diffuse the fight.

Fortunately the King was there as he took all our attention by releasing bloodlust in the room. We were immediately silenced, not moving one bit as the pressure beared down upon us. He looked at the three of us, specially the twins with piercing eyes. 

"Don't waste my time champions, we are, right now literally at war. You have already replied to my request hence you are now part of the Irelian army and any insubordination will have to answer to me, the Supreme Commander" he stated coldly as he pointed at Ben with his huge sword

"This will be your first warning soldier, any issues with your sister should be dealt with the person in question, she has already stated her will and I will respect that" Trandis glanced at Rea, her being relieved from the King's words

"But I-I can cover her share! I can be strong- No I am strong enough so you don't need to bring her into this!" Ben shouted at the King

"Brother!" Rea shouted

All of a sudden, the king put down his sword. He walked slowly towards Ben, still glaring daggers into his soul

"Are you sure boy..that you're strong enough cause all I see is an insect that I could trample easily with my feet" He looked down at Ben, towering over him with his body. Ben is a big guy but King Irelia made it seem nothing compared to his stature

"....I..I can't let her fight..I made a.. promise..so..I" even when intimidated to this degree, Ben had still the will to answer back.

'Ben..you' I thought as I realized what he was hinting at.

The King became silent as he stared at the defiant boy. He then sighed, erasing the previous atmosphere in seconds. 

"My decision will not change and that is final, I will let you off just this once but there will be no next time. Rest for now, tomorrow will be the departure of you three to the training grounds I have prepared for you"

"Wait! we're still no-" Ben screamed

"Guards! Escort them to their rooms" the guards then took the three of us to our respective rooms. Ben resisted furiously but the guards didn't even flinch. They had also locked his room due to how he was trying to get out. Although it was excessive, I thought that Ben really needed time to cool off before that King is pissed off for real.

----

I sighed as I remembered those events and now I cant sleep after that happened.

'I..I cant blame them though, even if we have no choice but to fight now that the stakes also concern our world although it doesn't change the fact that were just kids flung to fight in a war, we were never soldiers to begin with...but now all of a sudden we are one and that's a fact we already knew when we replied to the king...' I leaned my back on the partition, sitting on the floor

"Ben..that promise..your still keeping it huh, even after all these years.." I mused as I thought about the real reason why Ben is so hell bent on keeping Rea from fighting.

I looked down at the cold floor, the stars spread across the dark sky, shining brightly as always even in another world however the room that I was in only had me in it, as always.

"Ben..Rea..Mom..Dad, what am I supposed to do?"

'This sucks..this feeling..I want to help those two but what can I do. Sigh I..Im still the same as always even with this thing on me' I looked at the symbol on my hand.

"Champion huh, who the hell am I kidding~" I chuckled in the dark room. I was feeling parched as soon as I got up so I decided to head to the kitchen.

I opened my door but the guards where nowhere to be found, as also the maids that roam around these halls. It seemed that everybody was preparing for the armies' and our departure tomorrow evidenced by this lack of people.

"Might as well find it myself~" I wanted to ask the maids but I decided to explore a little and find the kitchen myself hoping that doing so would keep me distracted from my thoughts and so I started to roam the empty halls.

----

Two hours later, I still couldn't find the kitchen. Despite searching high and low, I failed to do this simple task.

'How the hell is anybody going to find their way in this hugelessly large castle!?' I complained as I wandered at the courtyard. I was about to go back having raised the white flag on my mission when-

"Brother!" I heard a feminine voice from a part of the courtyard.

'Brother?' I thought curious as to whose the voice from. I followed what I assumed to be where it came from, sneaking silently behind the wall like bushes. As I turned my eyes, I found a blonde haired man with blue eyes and a platinum haired girl with red eyes talking by the side of what seems to be a fountain.

" The prince and the princess..? What the hell are they doing at this kind of time, shouldn't they be preparing or something?" I mumbled as I hid

"Leya, I told you already I cant let you join the defense. Father has already given his decision so stop this nonsense" said the prince as if he was scolding a child

"B-but I cant just stay here..I want to fight alongside you, with father, with my people, I-I" the princess said pleading

"Leya...you still cant do it right?" asked the prince but with a worrying tone

"!?.." the princess had a look of shock then came a face verging to tears

"I..I.." the princess then went silent, not uttering a word as she looked down

The prince sighed at the sight of his sister. He began to rub his chin as he closed his eyes, seemingly thinking of something. An awkward atmosphere started to come about.

'Another sibling fight? what's up with siblings today...well its not my business, I shouldn't eavesdrop like this' I started to walk away from the place but I accidentally stepped on branch as I took a step, it made a snapping noise.

"Who's there!? Come out right this instant" demanded the princess as she pointed her sword in the direction to where I was hiding

"F*ck" I raised my hand as I revealed myself. How she had quickly pinpointed where I hid really scared me to the point that I obeyed her demands to avoid getting friendly fire.

A look of surprise was plastered on their faces as the princess sheathed her rapier, her brows furrowing as she glared at me. Although the prince had a look of having an epiphany as he looked at me.

"Hey~ what a coincidence seeing you guys here~" I started to b****hit. Its not my fault that they were arguing in the open like this.

The princess glared at me and before she could say anything the prince interjected

"You ar-"

"Leya, I have a proposal then, come along with the champions to the Dragon Jaws forest. I want you to train them and also to train yourself when you get there"

"Brother?"

"The presence of Sir Colt here gave me the idea for that brilliant proposal. This way you can also help with the defense of Ileria right" the prince said it in a way that what he said was not up for debate. 

The princess became dumbfounded still looking at her brother. After a while, she turned her eyes towards me, looking at me like I killed her family

"You...." she said menacingly

"Thank you sir Colt, come on now Leya say your thanks" the prince said grinning

"Uhhh yeah..hahaha" I laughed awkwardly as that statement of the prince further riled up the princess

'I just wanted to drink some damn water! Why!?' I complained as I held my aching head.

14