Under the moonlight
298 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was 5 days later. Ben and Rea had already lit up the collars around their arms from the 4th day, they had additional collars around their feet as punishment from failing to light up the collars from the days that passed. It seemed that both of them opted to avoid having more difficulty circulating in their upper bodies than their lowers bodies.

Currently they were concentrating on clearing the ones on their feet. 

As for me, right from the start I started to concentrate circulating on my lower body. Compared to the twins, I opted to have extra collars around my arms.

In the second day, I realized that it wasn't a fluke that it was smoother to move arcane to my arms. I had formed a theory that it was due to my rune and my body adapting to it as that Goddess explained from before but I wasn't sure of that notion.

Alas I followed this arrangement of mine, believing that it would pay off. 

I was sitting in a lotus position, desperately trying to channel arcane down my body. Unlike those twins, I was having a much harder time towards my lower body. This fact was also taken into account when I put all extra collars around my arms as part of my penalty.

'Just a little more....!?'

As I was sweating and heaving heavily, Finally I had managed to light up the two collars on my feet.

A huge sigh of relief escapes mouth as I turned my eyes towards the setting sun

Ben turned his attention to me, similarly out of breath as well.

"You ok Colt?"

"...Yeah somehow I finally did it dude.." 

"Ok trainees! that's enough for today. Ben good work today, you just need to push a little harder and as for you Colt, congratulations on lighting up your collars"

Mrs. Nellie said as she came towards us. She was in charge this time of overseeing our training. We were about to leave when we noticed Rea was still trying to light up her collars.

"Trainee I said that's enough" she strictly said, her voice snapping Rea out from her circulation.

"..Instructor I can still-"

"Trainee I'm not going to repeat myself. You need to rest, we still have your combat training after this"

Rea looked down, clenching her hands as she slowly nodded her head.

As I looked at that sight. I noticed her face showing a very frustrated look.

'What's up with her?'

I thought it wasn't like her to act like this, most of the time she was the calm one among the three of us. 

I turned my gaze to Ben as he stared at Rea with a complicated expression, something of a mix of worry and anger. 

"..Hey Ben....I think-"

I tried suggesting something even though I opened my mouth without even thinking of anything in particular. All I knew was that I wanted him to talk to her somehow.

"Colt let's go"

He left as he said those words, a serious expression on his face.

"...."

I stood there my hands reaching out although the person in question already left.

-----

I lean slightly to the left trying to avoid a fast strike downwards although I didn't expect my opponent to graciously twist in that position swinging now from my right.

I immediately meet the strike by moving forward a little, my aim precisely parrying the bell guard part of her sword.

Right after I moved back after creating that brief space, quickly readying my forward stance for any possible follow up.

My hands shook holding my sword. The momentum from that spinning swing held a lot of power.

'Sh*t I can't parry the next strike like this..'

All this time I have been parrying her strikes but most of the time I end up getting hit.

After waiting for a while her attack never came. I looked at her, confused, thoughts about a surprise attack coming forming in my mind. 

"Colt let's stop for now"

Leyana said as she let her sword down still staring in a certain direction from the camp.

I also looked towards the camp, curious as to why she abruptly ended the training.

There at the camp, a bald man stood, his face having a furrowed brow as he stared in our direction.

'Mr. Harold?'

I wondered why he was staring at us.

"You're dismissed Colt, you can do what you want in your free time" she added as she started to clean her rapier after storing the training sword.

"...Uhhh ok..."

I stored my sword as I raised my brow. It usually takes a lot more time than this and a lot more beating up sessions from her...

'Wait! Why am I thinking about that!?'

I slapped myself from thinking anything further, fearing it might lead to something I might regret.

"Colt?" She asked, perplexed from my self harm.

"...Its nothing~" I waved back as I left that place, aimlessly walking without any certain destination.

-----

I was sitting atop a tall rock formation, staring up to the stars above. The three moons decorating the dark sky.

'This is something else..' 

I marveled at the scenery, even after seeing it every night, my amazement never ceases to disappear.

It wasn't everyday that I could take a time off, just doing what I usually did on earth, to let my mind wander. 

Ever since we were transported in this place its become very hectic. Our world's doom; the twins fighting; and our training was all my mind could think of.

I started to reminisce what I had done the past few days. The first phase was hell for me but thanks to the princess I was able to finish it somehow.

My sword training was also relatively starting to work just as Leyana had previously stated. To learn with my body was effective although the cost was a whole lot of pain. 

I never held a sword before but I often got into fights at home because of those two, having experience being on a fight before should have helped, probably.

Now the crystal lighting training. I was done with my lower body and I had a feeling that I could easily complete the upper part before the end of the week.

It was going great despite my initial worry that I was going to fall behind a lot more, struggle a lot more but I didn't yet.

It was a needless worry. I was able to keep up with my friends and I was able to held my own. It was good seeing visible improvement in my skills and possibly have more power than what I have now in the coming days.

These kind of things going my way was new to me. Back on earth, I needed to get used to failing a lot of times; to being dissappointed; to being unrecognized; and to just being your average joe.

However here, I could do things that I thought I never could. I could look forward to my own growth and most specially people expected something from me albeit even in a forceful, criminal and convinient form from them.

I stared at my hands that has the symbol of a falling feather in it, a symbol that signifies one is a champion.

The more I looked at it, the more I realized that maybe somehow, someway that in here, in Foleria I can become something that I always sought back on earth.

Something that I saw in Ben and Rea ever since I was a kid that hid under that cardboard box.

 I was excited from that notion but most of all I was-

My thoughts stopped from there as I noticed that I was sweating a lot, my clothes drenched and that my hands were shaking uncontrollably. I took a deep breath and made my finger imitate a gun, waiting for my state to stabilize.

After waiting a while, a sigh of relief escapes my mouth as the shaking had stopped. 

"What a way to spend your free time~"

I laughed under the starry sky, my shadow seemingly laughing as well as it formed from the shines of moonlight.

------

[Day 7-2nd week]

I emptied my mind, trying to circulate the energy inside me to both my arms.

It flowed freely, no restriction, no blockade as if it was made to be that way from the start.

As I filled the remaining circuits from my upper body. I gradually intensified my circulation, letting the power within run wild. Then-

'!?'

A sound of numerous shattering glass resounded in my ears. As I opened my eyes slowly and turned my attention towards the collars on my arms.

Not one was lit up since all of them broke into tiny little pieces.

14