Torch lights
222 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's get this show on the road"

I cracked my fingers, readying myself for another session of training.

I was in the same training spot.

I took out the journal that Leyana had lent me yesterday and with an additional pencil that I requested of her this morning.

She had an embarrassed face as she gave me the pencil probably thinking that she was being clumsy for not giving it to me with the journal.

I immediately wrote down what I remembered from my first spell casting

===

Spell:

Freeze- freezes a target in a random manner

Observation:

*Intention must be clear, both in mind and words (in reference to the Goddess words)

*Must have a clear image or form and scale of the spell beforehand

*Rune vanishes after the spell is cast

*Internal Arcane is depleted (rate of depletion is unknown)

===

I felt satisfied after writing down my findings after just one day of experimentations.

Although I only have one spell as of yet and that made me kind of frustrated.

Yesterday, I kept blabbering out words that pertained to attacks such as pierce but that clearly didn't work out.

That is why for the following days, my goal was to find out what are the conditions in making new spells.

I looked around the area, the ice that I had produced melted ages ago. From what I had seen, it only lasts for about half an hour max before it completely melts in an instant.

I took a deep breath as I activated my rune seal, an aurora hue trailing from my fingertips.

"[Inverno-"

And such my second day of ability training started

------

Moonlight shone on our clashing wooden swords with me stuck on the defensive as usual.

I quickly dodged backwards after she had swung directly downwards. I then blocked from my right, expecting a swing from that direction.

It was a correct guess alas the blow was softer than I expected, enabling her to quickly change her trajectory upwards.

I tilted my upper body trying to evade the sudden strike. I had barely made it, the sharp point scratching my chin.

However I didn't expect a roundhouse kick from her from my left. I couldn't do anything as I was unguarded in that spot.

"Ughh!?"

My body arched as I flew a few meters ahead, my head kissing the ground as I skidded.

'...That's new...'

"...A kick is...unf..air"

I barely managed to speak, my body aching from her kick though mostly my face felt the brunt of it.

"You must be prepared for anything Colt and surely your enemies aren't going to fight fair either"

'Fair point but it hurts like hell!'

She then stored her training sword signalling the end of our combat training. She took out a towel wiping her sweat as she stared at me drinking a healing potion.

"So have you found anything yet?" she inquired 

"About my rune? Yeah a little bit but I still haven't made any new spells though"

"It can't be helped since even us Folerians have no idea how runes truly work" she paused.

"Yume Hoshino herself didn't really understand the nature of runes herself based on past records but she noted that it can't be limited to one type of magic only"

"Wait there's other types of magic?"

"Indeed, normally mages can conjure attack magic by using magic circles but there are other types such as curses, seals, healing types and many others"

"I see..."

"But don't take it to heart since your rune is special Colt so I'm not sure it functions the same way"

My interest was piqued by that information because it could become a very helpful point in my training down the line.

"It's still relevant so I'll keep it in mind"

I stood up, storing my sword on the rack as I sat taking out my journal from my tent, then I started writing down the information earlier.

She looked at me using the journal, a smirk evident on her face.

"So it seems that you're using it well Colt huhuhu"

'Oh she's doing it again~'

"I am, it helps a lot actually"

"O-of course it would since I'm the one that suggested it"

She got flustered for a moment, not expecting a straight answer from me. I felt that there was no use in denying it since it did help me out.

"I could let you take a peek?~"

"No need! Im not vulgar enough to peek at someone else's journal, that's a clear invasion of privacy!"

Even though she was refusing with all her might, her eyes that kept glancing at the journal with a shine of wonder that couldn't hide her desire.

"..Well it's your loss"

I hid the journal inside the tent after I had written the new information.

"Ah.."

She looked downtrodden, her eyes glaring at me.

'You said you didn't want to'

I stood up, heading towards the general training ground where the swinging logs were located.

"Are you still going to train? You need to rest you know, your body might recover but your mind needs it's sleep"

She warned, one of her brows raised.

"It's not going to take too long~"

'I need to master this along with my ability'

I waved my hand as I left the camp as I activated [Gliding Strides] as a warm up. My steps not making any sound.

As I got far away, the princess mumbled, her voice not reaching out to anyone.

"Idiot.."

------

I made my way towards the swinging log as I kept my stealth art active all the way.

It was kind of hard to see even with torches lit up around the area.

'Well there are going to be times where I'm going to need to get used to the dark'

It was a first for me to practice after combat training but I needed to train my arts as well seeing that I allotted most of my time in ability training.

As I was about to ready myself for the course I heard sounds of something skidding along the ground.

'What the?'

I slowly headed towards the noise as it kept being louder as I got closer, with me still activating my arts.

'This sound...it might be..'

I hid behind a huge rock, peeking my head out slightly to see the source of the noise. The source was exactly who I thought it would be.

"..Ben.." I mumbled

He skidded as he forcefully stopped his advance, dust being left behind in his wake. 

"I need to balance it out more" he said to himself as he breathed heavily.

"Ok again!, Onefold!"

As he shouted out, a red outline was visibly glowing from his two legs accompanied by the sound akin to jet engines starting.

'What is that?'

I kept observing him as he positioned himself in a running stance.

"[Grand Charge]"

His two feet became enveloped in a pale blue hue. My eyes widened as he instantly dashed in a matter of seconds though I've noticed that it was faster than he did before.

He tried to stop, the red outline disappearing from the mix of blue hue however he couldn't stop as he smashed directly in a rock pillar.

'Ben!'

I unconsciously tried to help him but I managed to stop myself before I could do it although I didn't knew why I hid in the first place.

Ben then managed to get himself back up, holding his shoulders with a grimacing face.

"Sh*t, one more time.."

He wiped away the residual dust on his body.

'....You're one stubborn dude..'

I smiled weakly at his battered figure, clenching my hands as I turned around.

I sighed after deciding to go back, not wanting to disturb his training.

'I can't let myself get left behind' I affirmed.

As I walked back, I had one concern on my mind after I saw Ben.

"Rea what are you doing?" I murmured.

This morning I didn't see her at the morning assembly as she had quickly left with Mrs. Nellie to train her ability.

The only time I saw her was when we were eating but It was obvious that things didn't go well for her yesterday.

It was on my mind all this time but I ignored it, thinking that she was doing fine but I guess all three of us weren't doing great in the 4th phase so far.

I added another log on the course, my brows knit in a frown as I was basically following that bald guy's advice.

'This is just for practice' I reminded myself.

I moved every logs making them swing as I jumped on the first one, my toes on it's tips.

"Let's do this"

Illuminated by the torch lights, two youths trained through the night.

------

On the last day of the second week in the 4th phase, I was finally able to make a new spell.

8