Prologue
137 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a room where a tight-in-budget college student lives, I was playing a game with utmost focus. The game was a typical multi-player online battle arena, similar to my previous world's dominating game, namely Dota 2, league of legends, etc. Though, unlike my usual games, my opponent this time is proving to be tough to handle. It didn't take a while before a prompt of "DEFEAT" appeared on my monitor. I heaved a sigh of exasperation and massaged my temples.

"Huu, there goes my win streak."

I hovered my mouse and closed the game; I was about to shut down my computer when a window panel appeared inexplicably.

[Do you wish to join a group chat? Y/N]

The sudden appearance of the window panel creased my forehead, thinking if it was a prank or malware.

"I can't believe that this kind of thing still appears to this age."

My frown eased, and I calmly opened the command prompt and typed several codes. After a while, the command prompt responded with a negative indication, showing no signs of infiltration or virus; I fell silent and once again tried the same thing to the other software, which gave me nothing but the identical result.

"Strange, it's as if this thing doesn't exist at all. Was it a new type of virus?" 

Then again, the possibility of that happening is nearly zero. Imagine; who would be this free to hack my decade-old computer? And, it's not like I have important things saved in this one. I also don't remember having a hostile relationship with anyone; because I'm literally one of those background mob characters; my presence was so thin that it wouldn't be strange if my classmates forgot my existence. 

I stared at the window panel again and decisively clicked "yes."

After that, the window panel disappeared, and nothing happened.

"Sure enough, it's just a prank."

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. I thought that something interesting would finally happen in my life. But alas, it's probably nothing but my computer acting up again.

"It's time to buy a new one, huh."

I shook my head and unplugged the computer. I went to the kitchen and resumed my daily routine; sleep, eat, game, eat, sleep. 

...

After Yuhei left, the computer suddenly flashed. The monitor flickered for a while before a series of codes appeared, seemingly transforming the object; The phenomenon lasted approximately five minutes, and the monitor's screen dulled, returning to its unassuming appearance making the previous ruckus seem like a lie.

...

"Huaam."

After a quality sleep, I stretched my body and leisurely made my way to the kitchen, cooking the usual dish. Honestly, this kind of life is actually rather nice; I don't have to worry about anything, unlike those hot-blooded MC in novels or manga. My source of income was also stable, making novels for a living. But the only downside of such life was-

"It's so boring."

I shook my head and continued to feast on my dish. After that, I went to my usual spot; to my computer. Just when I was thinking of how I should spend my unremarkable day today, the monitor suddenly opened.

Well, I did say it opened, but it's just a black screen, to be exact. I was confused because I didn't even plug the computer yet. But seemingly aware of my confusion, the computer shut down itself and returned to its previous state.

My eyebrows knitted, thinking about the strange phenomenon. Well, as a 21st-century college student, reading transmigration novels or whatnot has been my pastime. Hence, this kind of unusual thing happening was something I'm somehow immune to; after all, I already transmigrated in this world; what more can surprise me?

Then again, transmigrating is one thing, but my computer suddenly started up by itself without electricity was another thing. I contemplated for a while, but frankly speaking, I already have a vague hunch of what's the cause of it.

"... That strange window panel."

I was leisurely rapping the table, thinking about the possible risks after opening the computer. But I eventually shook my head and plugged in the computer. I don't know when, but deep inside, I always yearn for something interesting to happen, to finally end my tedious days.

Once I opened this, there was no turning back.

I can't help but let out a bitter smile. I'm not necessarily attached to my past life, where I was nothing but a white collared guy, slaving myself to the company for a living. But in this second life, I was an orphan who managed to claw his way to a comfortable life. 

I heaved a sigh and calmly sorted out my feelings. 

"How unlike of me."

After saying that, the computer started up and greeted me with an unfamiliar window panel.

[Dimensional Chatroom]

[Creator: Yuhei Lumeria]

[Members: 1/5]

[Dimension Fragments: 10]

[Dimensional Shift: N/A]

"... What the hell."

My eyes narrowed, the fingers above the keyboard halted, and I found myself dazed for a moment. I went through transmigration, my computer opened without electricity, and now, I have a chatroom to countless dimensions? 

"... How interesting." 

My lips inadvertently arched upward, and my eyes glint with a hint of excitement; A chatroom where countless beings of other dimensions congregate.

"Now, things are getting interesting, haha."

2