Chapter 25 : World Creation II (innovation)
747 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Every Mazingers attempted to occupy themselves, but the Chaos was simply too monotonous, and all of those great beings slowly succumbed to crushing loneliness and boredom. There was nothing to do, nothing to look at, nothing to think about. They could only keep exploring an infinite space with nothing to discover.

  This continued for millions of years, with only the occasional gathering and subsequent fights breaking the monotony of Chaos, and even those had become depressingly predictable.

  This situation had seemed doomed to persist unchanged for all eternity, until eventually, Pangu gave birth to an idea. If the Chaos was too boring by nature, he would need to change the Chaos into something more interesting. This idea slowly grew for thousands of years, until one day Pangu made up his mind to make it a reality.

  With a goal in mind for the first time in his life, Pangu was suddenly motivated, and started thinking about how to transform the Chaos. Avery tried to portray what he had felt when he had guessed he could become immortal with rune, and again when he saw the Tao and decided to make it his new goal in life. With enough motivation, time and effort were just stepping stones to success.

  For the millions of years to come, you could hear Pangu roaring and striking Chaos, trying to shape it into something more suitable. He punched Chaos with so much force it buckled and got repelled, creating a space of pure emptiness. Unfortunately, emptiness was no more exciting than Chaos, and it was quickly filled in again by the omnipresent grey gas. Pangu tried his best, but brute strength simply wasn't enough to create a world.

  Finally, after many failed attempts, Pangu could only accept that his dream was out of his reach. Surprised and frustrated, for the first time in his life he ached for more than strength. He nevertheless kept trying, preferring the sharp pain of failure to the deafening silence of boredom.

  Eventually, Pangu felt he and three other Primordials were drifting towards each other again, and he suddenly thought of asking for help.

  He hesitated, and soon reconsidered. He was of the way of strength, and he would not lower himself to ask for help from inferior ways. Either his way could accomplish his goal, or nothing could.

  Making his decision, he resolutely changed his direction, avoiding contact altogether. He felt pride at now being the only Mazinger with a goal, and he could already imagine the admiration and envy his kind would feel when he showed them his completed work. He would keep it a surprise, until he was ready to prove how superior the way of strength really was.

 

  However, as Eons passed, Pangu was no closer to success than before. He had never changed his technique, only hitting Chaos with so much force it would tremble, but that was equivalent to throwing a rock in a lake and expecting the ripples to form a functioning city.

  It had never occurred to him to change his technique, only repeating the same ineffective strikes over and over again, as he knew nothing else. He was the god of strength, and strength was his one and only tool.

  Despite his lack of results, he had intrigued many Mazingers throughout the years, and through his conspicuous actions and deafening roars, it was not hard to find out his plan.

  Every Chaos god reacted the same way, begrudgingly admitting the brilliance of the idea in their hearts, but convinced Pangu had no hope of success, as the only hope of creating such a miracle lay in their personal law.

  Time passed, and eventually every single primordial was attempting to transform Chaos, but not a single one of them cooperated, and not a single one made any progress.

  Despite countless years of failures, none of the Chaos gods abandoned their efforts. This was the first time they had an objective to work towards, and they were obsessed with it.

  Even if they never succeeded, at least they had found something to do, something meaningful that had the potential of revolutionising the immutable Chaos.

  Another reason for their persistence was their pride. They had seen all of their compatriots fail, and had gotten increasingly convinced that it was due to a failing in their law, and that it was only by succeeding that they could prove they were superior.

  There were now less and less meetings in Chaos, as every primordial concentrated on their experiments and stopped idly wandering. The few meetings that occured were now followed by long sessions of bragging and demonstrations of the various unsuccessful attempts.

  Of course, after this it would still unavoidably devolve into a fight like before, but at least now they were exchanging information, and doing something that could eventually become constructive.

  While Pangu was furious to have his idea stolen, he was also very proud to see that they all imitated him. He felt this proved that he was the greatest of them all, and he invented himself a role of teacher and leader. Eager to once again revolutionise Chaos and show everyone he was their superior, he finally stopped repeatedly bashing Chaos, and started paying attention to the efforts of his students.

  He tried to apply his newfound inventiveness to their endeavors, comparing everyone's method .

  While before he simply disregarded all of the others' efforts, now that he was carefully assessing each of them, he realised why they were all doomed to fail.

  To create a world, they had to clear the Chaos away, but Chaos was infinite and all encompassing. If you are underwater and try pushing the water away, more water will simply come to fill in the cleared space, and you will never be able to create a water-free area this way. Instead, you need to put in a solid object that prevents it from returning.

  The issue was that each Mazingers had only one power, which was their Law, so they had no option other than occupying the space with their law. Unfortunately, in some ways, the laws of Chaos gods were more extreme than Chaos itself. While Chaos was an unstable soup of everything, laws were the fundamental essence of one specific thing, which could be thought of as a concentrated and purified form of Chaos.

  The problem with Chaos was that it was too strong, preventing anything less extreme than Mazingers from being born, but its instability was a necessity. Laws were not only still too strong for anything, even other Primordials, to survive in their midst, they were also too stable.

  They were the most stable state in the universe, the maximum entropy of their domain, disallowing anything other than itself from existing, and thus devoid of all hope of creating something varied and interesting.

  Once again, Pangu felt superior, having used his intelligence to spot the problem before anyone else, and he swore he would also find the solution first.

  Pangu thought for a long time, until he finally came to the conclusion that the only way was to cooperate with other Mazingers. If one law was too strong, then they needed other laws to balance them out and create variations. Pangu hesitated sharing his discoveries, finding the concept of needing help of someone else repulsive, but he soon rationalised that he was not asking for help, he was guiding and ordering his subordinates around. Thus, for the first time in the history of this world, a general meeting was announced.

26