3: Hob-Goblins
173 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's nothing you need to concern yourself with. I'll be blunt here. I can't let you stay alive." I tell him.

His shocked expression was mixed with a bit of fear.

"Wait! I don't want to die!" He yells.

I narrowed my gaze and crouched down before him with my dagger,

"And how about those poor students that you used as a shield? Perhaps they did not wish to die either." I said in hopes that my tone of voice was harsh.

He looked even more afraid, even so I had already made my resolve to end his life here. 

"Hold on," the voice spoke clearly.

I glanced back at the two that came up behind me.

"If you're trying to stop me, I will not bring you along with me." I said coldy with a glare.

Yu Ling held her hands up in defense, "no, no that's not it. I just thought that it would be better if our new boss kept her hands clean." She says.

I see, they already decided to treat me as their leader. They were smarter than I thought, I was sure I had to let them know this later.

"I agree, please let one of us kill him!" Kim Sung says placing a hand on his chest with a look of determination.

"Besides, such a small fry does not deserve the boss to kill him." Yu Ling points out glaring over at Jung Woo.

Looks like I won't have to worry about these two not killing humans in the future. I seemed to have chosen well.

"While I admire your determination. I would rather I get rid of him. It sickens me to see innocent lives being used in such a way." I say.

The two looked at each other and did not say another word. Though they silently told themselves that they would make sure that their new boss wouldn't have to lift her fingers against such small frys again.

"Please, don't kill me." Jung Woo begs.

I brought my dagger down right into his heart. 

"Aggh!" He choked before dying immediately.

"That takes care of that." I say straightening.

Yu Ling handed over a piece of the hem of her now ripped shirt for me to clean the dagger off.

"Boss, which way should we go?" Kim Sung asked.

That much was  a bit tricky since none of us have a tracker skill yet.

We need to unlock Yu Ling's detection skills if we want to find out how many monsters are nearby or if there are any traps and fake paths nearby.

Though I have a sneaking suspicion which way we should head in.

Only because going left had this feeling of danger.

"We should head left." I found myself answering.

I turned left and lead my followers and new subordinates in that direction.

The more we walked forward the more it felt dangerous.

Could it be the maimed bodies strewn about the deeper we went in?

I could even hear the faint sounds of screaming coming from up ahead.

"Looks like a lot of survivors won't make it out of here." Kim Sung mutters.

There must be more monsters with those survivors.

"What do we do boss?" Yu Ling asked me.

To be honest I didn't want to cruely let these people die. 

We came into view of the survivors being surrounded.

Judging by the monsters attacking these surviors, they were perhaps Hob-Goblins.

These goblins are slightly stronger and bigger than a regular goblin.

And their levels were about 5 to 8.

It's not that big of a difference from our levels but there weren't just one of those damned bastards.

"Please help! I don't wanna die!" A teacher cries when a Hob-Goblin grabs him and grips the neck tightly until the head popped off.

There were at least five survivors left.

"Fine, let's rescue them." I tell them.

"Yes Boss!" The two say with a nod before running towards the monsters.

I may regret this later, but it's not like I plan to take them along anyways.

I'll rescue them but they must fend for themselves!

I directed my goblin followers to help fight the Hob-Golins. I didn't really expect much.

As I had thought, two of my followers died.

That was fine though, I was able to take down a Hob-Goblin and managed to replace that goblin.

It's a great thing for me. I think I may even give this one a name.

I have a great feeling about it.

A few minutes later we cleared the Hob-Goblins and I now had a few extra followers. 

Since I was level 6, I can raise 10 followers now.

"Thank you so much for helping us. If you don't mind can we come with you?" A girl from the group asked.

I saw this coming.

"Whatever, just stay out of my way. And if you die then it's because you're weak." I say turning away from them.

They nod.

Damn, what a bother.

"She may sound rough, but the Boss is a really good person." Yu Ling reassures the survivors.

Tch!

With that we continued down the hall, it wasn't too surprising that we ran into even more monsters on the way.

By the time we got to the stairs to go down, the levels of everyone with me (inclubing my followers) have all leveled up.

The Hob-Goblin I took a liking to was a darker green than the others, I named him, Cheon.

I had to admit, those five survivors ended up becoming more confident and had not dragged us down once.

I may just make them my subordinates as well.

 

6