Chapter 58 – UGP Meeting
115 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Had been busy the past week. Sorry for the delay.

At the break of dawn the following day, Admiral Radford stood on Seward's military airfield, which is currently occupied by four luxurious Transport Drone aircraft belonging to Russia, India, China, and the EU. They all synced the arrival time of their flights for the first in-person official joint meeting between their nations since the start of the Apocalypse.

To answer Admiral Radford's call to address the Extremist Tamer issue, each nation sent the highest-ranking members from their military leadership that could be spared from the war effort. In addition, several dozen Non-Tamer Soldiers and Tamers served as their escorts and aides for each official.

The representatives thanked Admiral Radford for personally receiving them and then walked over to a large convoy of NextGen Humvees waiting outside the runway. Once everyone is inside their vehicles, they are driven to the new UGP HQ at the center of the city of Seward, where the meeting is to take place.

On the way, over four hundred Non-Tamers equipped in Titanium Grade Knight Jousting Armor and fifteen Combat Mechs lined the road that led to their destination. The occupants of the Humvees stared in amazement at the Mechanical Hulks and their armor, recently spray-painted to honor the flag colors of the UGP's respective nations. 

Once they reached their destination, the representatives were escorted up to the highest floor of the HQ. The meeting room has an Omega-shaped table at the center for the Senior members. The aids and bodyguards are seated near the walls of the hall.

A 3D projection interface on each table displays the flags to indicate which seats belong to whom. Admiral Radford took the spot at the center of the Omega instead of the seat reserved for him.

Admiral Radford. "Since I will be sharing all the reports and answering all your questions, it would be easier if I stood at the center. I hope no one has an issue with that?"

The representatives nodded in agreement and took their assigned seats.

Admiral Radford. "Then let's begin with why I called for this historic meeting. I will start with a short summary of what you all must know by now. Around twenty-four hours ago, Canada was taken over by a Tamer Supremacist group, who then released a video declaring war on the UGP and those who placed heavy restrictions on using monster skills. Their strength seems to be around five thousand from the video they sent out, but that is not confirmed yet. So I authorized a RECON OP consisting of our best tamers with infiltration, communication, and recording skills to Toronto. I will now share the findings they gathered over the last twelve hours on your projection monitors."

Russian Representative. "Before that, I wish to bring up an issue that has been a concern to the Russian Leadership. We have noticed that you have been authorizing quite a few unilateral decisions.

Admiral Radford. "I would remind everyone that Admiral Selvaria of Vector is a walking treasure trove of military technology lost to us since the Cold War ended. She has improved our Non-Tamer soldier's combat capabilities and survival in a day with those 3D printers wasted on creating construction material. I recognized a better use for them and placed my trust in her skills, and it has yielded extraordinary results."

Russian Representative. "We are willing to overlook the unilateral actions of the US since it is the only one with a senior member in the HQ, which is the cause of this problem. Therefore, I propose that all representatives remain in Seward to prevent such incidents that can ruin this fragile military alliance."

The Representatives from China, India, and EUF voiced their approval of this proposal.

Admiral Radford. "I understand... I will have my people allocate the required land to create embassies for you all."

EUF Representative. "Only an embassy? I read a report that you awarded a few islands to this woman from Vector and gave her permission to create whatever she wanted there. Are we not granted the same privilege?"

Admiral Radford. "Do you all wish to build something more than embassies?"

Chinese Representative. "Whatever is built on these lands will have nothing to do with the UGP. Isn't the promise you gave to Admiral Selvaria?

Admiral Radford. "Yes, I did promise her that, but-"

Indian Representative. "Admiral, Please understand our point of view and concern. Right now, it looks like the US armed forces are the only ones benefiting from Vector technology by giving her special treatment. I think we should share the same benefits and have the same access to her tech since this is an alliance of equals, or have you decided that the US is in charge?"

Admiral Radford. "I regret that my actions have created this atmosphere of mistrust. All of you are entitled to the same offer I had given her."

A few moments passed before the representatives nodded their heads in approval.

EUF Representative. "Since the issue is resolved, I would like to bring another point of concern. We received your request for raw materials and printers to boost the production of Combat Mechs and Armaments in return for the final products. Would it not be beneficial for the UGP to combine our industrial assets in one location?”

Admiral Radford. "What do you mean?"

EUF Representative. “The collapse of global supply chains and access to exotic raw materials and specialists needed to supply our armies with advanced tools of war has been difficult to recover. Every day, we expend countless advanced munitions and drones that can't be replaced. Our people are forced to scavenge the land for parts to repair and produce new equipment, but how long can we keep that up?”

Admiral Radford. "Which is why you all agreed to my proposal to create a Tamer battalion that only needed the bare necessities to bring down the monsters and recover our industries."

EUF Representative. "It was the only viable option to win this war when we were all rivals, but this war has revealed that we need to combine all our forces to overcome it, not just our Tamers. That is why I propose that we use this meeting as an opportunity to pool our remaining industrial resources into Seward and have it all be turned into Vector Grade war machines and armaments for a unified army."

Admiral Radford was surprised by this offer. The willingness to use strategic resources under one banner with former hegemonic rivals meant the war had changed a lot of perspectives in their leadership, or they were desperate. Probably the latter.

Admiral Radford. "Are you all comfortable with this idea?"

The Indian, Chinese, and Russian Representatives nodded in agreement.

Russian Representative. "We would be fools to not invest in a project that can bring us back to the power we all held during the cold war."

Chinese Representative. "I believe this new combined army would be far superior to the ones we had in the past since we now have Tamers to lead them like Chairman Zao."

 Indian Representative. "I will have the Indian Navy begin the transportation of Engineers and Scientists to Seward along with their assets."

Admiral Radford was a bit stunned by their support, but he felt they had lost track of the true purpose of this meeting. 

Admiral Radford. "I must remind you all that if we don't address the Extremist threat to Seward first, then all these lands and plans will mean nothing."

Russian Representative. "Ah, those people. Surely you can drop one of the Rods of God on Toronto to deal with them all at once."

Everyone paused and looked at the Russian Representative with a look of disbelief.

Russian Representative. "What? Can't a Russian man make a joke anymore?"

6