Chapter 5- MANIPULATION
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Phantoms and Otherworldly Beings

Chapter 5

MANIPULATION

<Sorry, girls, but do you mind delivering this to Rodney for me?>

Helen was holding a strange item in her feet while doing a handstand.

“Ah, but of course! What’s this, by the way?” Henrietta asked.

<It’s a relic from the age of Collisia!> Helen explained, <I have a friend who wants to examine it, so I was going to send it to her through Rodney. But I am in the middle of my fun time, so I’m afraid you’ll have to deliver this in my place.”

“Understood. We will hand this to Mister Rodney and pretend you were not fooling around in a handstand,” Ishva accepted.

<Thanks, girls! Go meet him at the sign on the road, as per usual.>

And so, once more, Henrietta and Ishva are walking through the Frontier Woods.

“...It’s heavier than I thought,” Henrietta spoke up, “Sorry, but do you mind holding this?”

“No problem, I wanna exercise a bit” Ishva responded. Then, extending her Higher Space body towards the packaged relic, she took the relic off her friend’s hands. She made the relic hover in front of her, with her hands below to catch it in case her Higher Space body loses its grip.

“You never fail to impress!” Henrietta complimented. Despite seeing it many times before, the sight of Ishva making things float is always wondrous. “Higher Space manipulation looks so easy when you do it...”

“It’s all about being able to control your Higher Space body independently,” Ishva explained, “Understanding that you can have more than 2 pairs of limbs and can be taxing, but I believe it can be done with hard work and determination.”

“Ah, I still struggle with it, though...”

As they walked, they once again passed by a man. Unlike the previous passerby, this person just ignored the girls and continued down his path. It’s very important that he reaches his destination on time and deliver his package…

Meanwhile, the girls exited the Frontier Woods.

Eventually, the man reached a cave hidden hear an edge of the Frontier Woods. Making sure no one is around, he emerged from the forest and made his way into the cave. Once he is safely inside, he took out and donned a familiar white cloak.

“Alright,” a figure that appears to be the leader announced when the man enters the meeting room, “Now that everyone is here, the People’s Organization for Absolute Purity shall now commence its meeting.”

“Glory to Collisia,” everyone in the meeting chanted.

“Have you brought the tome we need, Invisible Grabbers?” the leader addressed the man who entered.

“Yes, sir Glory Pure,” Invisible Grabbers confirmed, taking out the book, “I have managed to swipe the forbidden tome from the Library, using my superior transparency!”

“Impressive, hand it over and allow me to inspect.”

After receiving the book, Glory Pure took out the purest magnifying glass in the whole world, and inspected every nook and cranny of the tome. “Yes...this is it,” he mumbled, observing the title of the book with a keen eye, “This must the our key to a pure future, the legendary tome ‘Calling Out the Devil’! What say you, oh awakened Slumbering Lord?”

<Yes...> a demonic horned monster loomed over the meeting and inspected the book <salvation lies, in this tome of the lost times. Hearsay of the ravenous demon, the great Kyrsus they, lies here. Page 66 doth the clue lies>

“Page 66? Very well!” Pure opened page 66 and read its content, “Ah! So here are the ingredients we need to summon the great demon Kyrsus! We need 2 substances, together they make the green fire that calls forth the ravenous one! Oh, Casey Chemistry, what say you?”

“I believe these substances we seek are copper (II) sulfate and boric acid, pure one,” Casey Chemistry observed, “Those two substance emit green flame when burnt.”

“So that is the secret to the summoning of the Kyrsus!” Glory Pure seethed, “No wonder those blasted officials heavily regulate the distribution of those two ingredients! Luckily, I happen to know of a government warehouse that stored those substances away...”

“Heh, your experiences as one of those blasted officials sure come in handy.”

“I did want to lead the country to a purer future, once...” the leader spent a brief eternity, reminiscing of the times when he used to be able to do whatever he wanted to those minorities without consequence, “But no matter! Monterra is beyond saving. Therefore, with the destructive appetite of the great demon Kyrsus, we will cleanse the land of those impure minorities and deviants, and bring back the glorious country of Collisia!”

“Glory to Collisia!” the members chanted, as they and the Slumbeirng Lord await the day Monterra dies…

“We, the pure ones, shall reign supreme!”

Meanwhile, the girls and Rodney met at the sign on the road.

<The delivery has been received. Thank you for your patronage> Rodney announced as he stored the package away.

“Thanks, Rodney,” Henrietta replied as Rodney phased away towards his destination, “Dang, he’s good. So that’s the supreme comprehension of a monster...to be able to phase that far.”

“He is the ideal delivery man,” Ishva noted, “I would not mind leaving all my deliveries to him.”

“How do we contact him, though? I doubt a deorcon would just casually work at a post office.”

“Maybe a secret procedure to get in touch? Let’s ask Teacher.”

And so the two girls walked home, where they would ask Helen and find out that Rodney does, in fact, work at a post office in Farandier city.

0