Chapter 009 Chikara dojo
3.4k 7 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 009

The next day was special for Alex.

It was his first day of high school since he had transmigrated and the morning was one of the worst he could have woken up to.

He was thinking a lot last night and making notes on how he will approach being a hero. Because of that, he slept really late.

And his alarm clock wasn't enough to wake him up on time.

Before he knew it, he had already missed his bus. His mom had ensured that he would at least eat a little before going to school and that would have just made him more late.

He has to run to school and if it wasn't because of his sneakers and improved stats, Alex would have never reached the school on time.

'Midtown high.'

He looked at the old school building in front of him and the crowd of students passing him by. 

His heart was beating a lot more than normal due to the running and the fact that he's back to being a high school student. And it wasn't a normal school either.

It was the high school which Peter Parker, Harry Osborn, Mary Jane Watson and many more Marvel characters studied in.

Just seeing those characters made Alex loll forward to his new high school life.

'I hope I can befriend Peter today.'

He thought as he moved through the school hall, trying to remember which way his classroom was located.

Reaching the front of his classroom, Alex collected his breath before entering.

The interior of the classroom was nothing special and Alex had been in these types of classrooms all his life. But the people inside were definitely special.

Starting from the back, there was Harry Osborn, the only son of Norman Osborn. With his hands in his pocket, he was talking merrily with the girl next to him – A pretty redhead.

Yes, it was Mary Jane Watson.

It seemed like they were already in a relationship in this timeline and were one of the most infamous couples in high school.

Then, there was Flash Thompson, the main bully of Peter Parker. 

Although he wasn't a character that Alex had liked initially, his transition into a Spiderman fanboy and later Agent Venom in the comics was something that he had really enjoyed.

Other than them, there was also Liz Allen Toomes. She was talking cheerfully with some girls about makeup in one of the corners. 

She wasn't much of a special character, but her father was one of the main Spiderman villains – Vulture.

The only one missing was Ned but as Alex had no memories about him, it seemed like he didn't study in Midtown high in this timeline.

'My highschool life would at least be eventful.'

Alex took another long look and found a corner seat in the middle row. 

He didn't talk to anyone nor did anyone come to talk to him. This was because he was one of the loners in the class who was not friends with anyone.

Alex didn't particularly hate this scenario.

'Rather than acting like a high schooler, it's better to be alone. It's far more interesting to observe rather than be a part of a particular clique.'

He thought with a small smile on his face.

Although becoming friends with someone like Harry Osborn would surely be beneficial for him, it wasn't Alex's way to go.

After all, from his memories, Harry didn't feel like a good person.

Currently, he was just a rich kid who had friends because of his money. Alex certainly didn't like it and if he really became friends with him, there was a chance he would come into Norman Osborn's radar.

The only person in the entire school he even wanted to be friends with was...

'He's finally here!'

As he was thinking about Peter Parker, he suddenly appeared at the door.

It looked like Peter had also managed to miss his bus and had to run all the way here to high school. Of course, for him, it would have been even easier than Alex to run to the school.

His spider powers grant him the athletic ability of a super soldier and it was nothing for Peter even if he had to run to the school daily.

Putting his bag down, Peter took a look around the classroom, his eyes stopping at Harry and Mary Jane who had already started making out in the back, for a moment. 

Alex noticed a hint of sadness in his eyes before he moved his gaze away.

For a moment, their eyes met and Peter looked at him gratefully. Alex nodded at him in greeting and at that moment, the teacher arrived.

"Everyone to your seats! Now!"

Her shout was enough for the students to scramble to their seats.

The rest of the day was pretty boring for Alex. He tried to focus on his classes but the only thing in his mind was his system and ways to get more HP.

As the only way to get HP was to do heroic deeds, Alex needed to do what heroes normally do – fighting crime.

Although saying it was easy, he needed to find crime to fight it. 

Moreover, there was one more problem that Alex had to deal with. He didn't really know how to fight.

He had his powers and his wolf, but he can't rely on them always. Flexibility would help him in dodging rather than attacking and bullet time was more of a skill to use in critical situations.

To become a better hero, he needed to learn martial arts.

'I wonder which dojos are the best.'

Alex kept thinking about it in most of his classes and as soon as he got a free period, he began searching around for dojos in Chinatown.

There was a long list of dojos that he found.

But there was one of them that made Alex stop scrolling. It was a place that Alex recognised.

'Chikara dojo'

It was the dojo of Colleen wing and a place to nurture future ninjas for the crime organization – The Hand.

116