Chapter 024 Scandal out
2.4k 2 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 024 

[A big scandal in one of the biggest construction company in Hell's kitchen!]

[Breaking – Ally constructions found to be in cahoots with underground gangs. A list of their illegal activities.]

[All the upper echelons of Ally constructions are being questioned in what seems like the biggest scandal of the year.]

Alex read out the news article on his phone as he smiled to himself. 

He was currently sitting in the Chikara dojo and his practice had just ended five minutes ago. As he was resting, he decided to check out more articles on the Ally constructions scandal.

It had been three days since Alex had given the flash drive filled with enough proof to take down a major company to one of New York City's tabloids – New York bulletin.

Just the next day, they had published a full report on Ally constructions and soon, all the other newspapers had followed, bringing a close to the illegal activities in Ally constructions.

For this job, Alex had gotten 600 HP which had made him delighted.

Even fighting a lot of mobs hadn't given him this much HP but as this was on a much bigger scale, he had gotten more than a good chunk of HP.

"Hey Alex."

As he finished one article, someone called him out. He raised his head to look at Markus walking towards him.

"What are you doing here, Mark? I don't think beginner classes are running today." Alex asked, tilting his head.

He had already gotten promoted from the basic beginner classes two days ago and was finally learning more advanced stuff. As Mark was still in the beginner classes, they would rarely see each other.

"I know that. I came to say thanks." Mark said, bowing his head suddenly. "You introduced me to those lawyers and thanks to that, my brother was saved."

After the scandal broke out, Clive was released from all the charges. In the first place, the police already had the proof that Clive wasn't the murderer.

They were stalling for time to make a deal with Clive but after the scandal broke out, there was no need for that.

In the end, Clive was released and the scarred man who had attacked him that night was charged as a serial killer to sweep the story under the rugs.

Alex thought about all this for a moment before squinting his eyes at Markus, confused by his strange actions.

"Why are you bowing suddenly?"

"Oh, Didn't sensei teach us that people bow in thanks in Japanese culture. It's kind of like a polite gesture."

"We are not in Japan, Mark." Alex chuckled. "And you can just treat me. That will be more than enough."

"Sure thing."

Alex stood up and followed Mark out of the dojo. He had been tired due to juggling between his ordinary life and being a vigilante, so he thought of the treat as a reward.

But as soon as he left the dojo with Markus, he noticed someone standing there. 

It was the blind lawyer, Matt Murdock aka Daredevil.

"Mr. Murdock."

Surprised to see him here, Alex voiced out his name. Markus also seemed confused about the reason Matt was here.

"Hello. I hope I'm not bothering you two. I just wanted to talk to you, Mr. Krown, if you don't mind that is."

Matt said, his words surprising Alex who sensed that something was wrong. The devil of Hell's kitchen himself waited to meet him.

There was no way it was because of something simple.

"I was just gonna treat Alex. I don't–"

"It's fine, Mark. I will get the treat later."

Markus tried to pitch in but Alex cut him off and put a hand on his shoulder. 

Glancing towards Markus, he said.

"I'm free on weekends. So let's meet then."

Before Markus could say anything else, Matt and Alex were already on their way. He felt bad about his friend but currently, the more important thing was to know the reason Matt wanted to talk to him.

They both walked in a cafe and being the adult between them, Matt paid for the coffee as they both sat down on an empty table.

As soon as they sat down, Alex asked.

"Why did you want to meet me, Mr. Murdock?"

"Please call me Matt."

"Then, call me Alex. Mr. Krown seems too formal."

Matt chuckled hearing that and took a sip of his coffee. Then, he looked at Alex and with a smile, opened his mouth.

"First of all, I wanted to say thanks to you about the case. If not for you, Nelson and Murdock wouldn't have gotten the case. At this stage, every case matters a lot for our firm."

"I didn't do anything other than to help a friend out."

"Still, it meant a lot for a firm which is relatively unknown." Matt said as a matter of fact. Then, he quickly added, "I really wonder where you heard the name of our firm."

'He has already started interrogating me.'

Alex thought bitterly while trying to keep a straight face. He used his breathing technique to maintain his breathing and heartbeat.

He wondered whether he could make an excuse and run away. But it was not the most wise thing to do.

That would just make Matt more suspicious of him.

"Like I said before, I heard it from somewhere. I don't really remember where but when Mark talked about finding a lawyer, your firm immediately came to my mind, so I recommended it to him."

"That's interesting."

"Did you want to talk to me to ask about where I heard the name of your firm from?"

Alex asked, taking a sip from the cup. 

He was trying to sound as confident as he could. 

"No, the reason I wanted to talk to you was because of the Ally constructions scandal. You must have heard about it. Do you have any idea how the scandal broke out?"

Matt asked and Alex inwardly frowned hearing the question.

88