Chapter 050 End and a new beginning
1.9k 4 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 050

"You are trying to get a team together and you want me to be a part of it. Two questions - Why do you need such a team and why me?"

Alex asked after glancing through the document. He already knew the answer of the first question but he asked it to not seem suspicious.

His second question was what he truly wanted to know.

"The world is pretty big, kid. And there are some things that the military or even Shield can't fight off. That's why we need strong individuals like you, who can come together to defeat enemies we never thought were possible."

"So, kind of like a task force?"

"Bigger than that."

"What about my second question?" 

Fury took a while, contemplating his words before he opened his mouth.

"Your powers are extraordinary. Something we have not seen before and they seem to be growing. Moreover, your heart's at the right place. Something that is rare and you are getting too big too fast."

"What do you mean?"

"Your fights in Hell's kitchen, Harlem and now Stark expo. All these are happening too fast and many people have been attracted by you, your powers. Do you think they will leave you alone?"

Fury's words made Alex think.

He knew that his powers would attract trouble sooner or later. Organisations like Hydra, Ten rings or even something like the Hand, they would all covet his powers.

Just Shield has found him earlier than the others.

"So, either I join you or wait till some other secret organisation sneaks into my room?" He raised an eyebrow as he asked.

"Trust me, you won't find something better than Shield. The others won't give you a choice, kid."

A silence took place after that as Alex contemplated his choice and Fury waited for his answer. To be honest, he didn't have much of a choice.

Fury was right and although he was a paranoid spy, he was on the right side and Alex would need his help in the future.

But he also knew Fury wanted more than just making him a part of the Avengers.

"I will agree with this Avengers offer but what more do you want? You are not just here for the Avengers Initiative, right?"

"Avengers Initiative is my main reason to be here but..." He stopped his words, looking up at him. "I also want to offer you something more. Be my agent."

"A spy?"

Alex asked, getting an idea what Fury was after.

 

Unlike someone like Tony Stark who will never work under someone or Bruce Banner who doesn't like to get involved with stuff that can make him go green, Alex was different.

He was still a teenager and it was not hard to guess for Fury that he has a sense of responsibility to make a difference in society.

In short, he was a perfect rookie to recruit.

"More like an agent."

"Working for the government?"

"Working for me. I can give you state of art technology, train you and make you way better than you can get on your own. You do a good job for a rookie but you can become way better."

Fury said and Alex thought about it for a while before shaking his head.

"I will not take that offer."

"Reason?"

"I still want to have time for my family. Moreover, I'm a teenager and I want to be like that for a while. Just like to protect my city currently."

Alex said, scratching the back of his head.

Joining Shield won't be bad but he still has other plans before that. He wanted to only think about it after the events of the Avengers.

Especially with Shield being Hydra.

"I understand. Just know my offer stands."

"Sure."

"My agents will contact you when we need you. Be prepared then. We will protect you from other people trying to get to you till then, including Stark."

"So, he is really trying to get to me?"

Alex asked and Fury nodded his head, thinking of his previous talks with Tony.

"He was curious, especially about you. He tried to search for you but we stopped him. Although Stark's a genius, he still needs to show improvement in his personality for us to consider him."

"That's nice. Hope he improves." Alex said. "So, can I at least get you to stop monitoring me. I'm pretty sure my house is already bugged."

He took a look at his house, unsure of where the spying devices would be hidden. He knew Fury would have bugged his house in order to get more information about him.

"The monitoring and bugging is for you and your family's protecti–"

"I will opt out of Avengers Initiative if you don't. Look, I can understand you monitoring me but keep my family out of it."

Alex said, a little forcibly this time. He wasn't going to just sit and let Fury monitor his every activity.

"Okay, I promise to remove the bugs. As for the monitoring, I will keep it to the minimum. Just a precautionary measure."

Fury thought a bit before saying.

"Deal. I hope you are not the guy to back out of promises."

"Don't worry, in my line of work, we don't go back on words. At least with allies."

Alex smiled and they shook hands before Fury left. Not by the window but by the front door. Apparently to talk to him peacefully, he has drugged his mom to sleep for a few hours.

He didn't like it at all and was angry but that's just how the spies work. At least Fury did.

Alex was sure it was a way for Fury to show what he can do. From monitoring him to drugging his mom without anyone knowing. It was a way to exert his power.

'I understand why Nick Fury was always shown as a douchebag in those Chinese fanfics now.'

He thought as he wondered about his future. Things were getting bigger with him being a part of Avengers Initiative now. 

* * *

By the way, this is officially the end of Volume one. Thanks for sticking by till now.

Up to 15 advanced chapters are available on Pat reon if you don't want to wait for the next update https://www.pat reon.com/extra26

Editor: Cyeven and leo

75