Chapter 4: Doom is Here
185 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was day time, everything seems normal at a glance. The people are busy doing their routines while the others still haven't started yet. 

But in a certain forest, lies a lake filled with crystal clear water that seems to be devoid of any unwanted elements. In one of it's shore, a person can be seen to be lying down.

"AHHHHHH!"

When suddenly, the person screamed and stood up. Upon closer inspection, it's man but is so thin and frail. He looked around wary of his surroundings. He finally settled down after knowing that he's alone and safe from any danger.

"Why am I alive?" Obviously the man we are talking about is Alek. Confused and sluggish, still proceeded to examine himself. He found the device he used to kill the 3 high ranks he faced.

"Why is this still here?" It shouldn't be possible for the device to still exist. The questions in Alek's mind was immediately answered when he saw something peculiar.

"A God Tier Protection Spell........"A God Tier is, just like how it's named, Godly. A spell of this caliber should be enough to take on the energy of the mana released by the device. 

"But who put this spell?" He had a prime suspect but ceased the idea knowing that he had to find a way to survive now since he's alone and vulnerable. 

"I can't risk to go to a town, a village should be enough." And so Alek begun his search for a place to settle down and blend in. 

"My Mana is sufficient for now. A 'Clean' spell should be enough, and new clothes." After checking his Mana, Alek casted a support spell and using his Create Attribute, made a new set of clothes utilizing raw materials in the forest.

He traversed inwards of the forest while continuously recuperating his mana reserves and using Spread Sense. He spent a few hours walking in a slow pace until discovering a clue of human presence.

Motivated by his new found clue he continued walking, this time a little faster than earlier.

"It's about drive, it's about power, we stay hungry, we devour- ahh!" While singing a song and munching on a fruit, a projectile suddenly zoomed in. He narrowly avoided but immediately hud behind a tree.

"You! You're entering an occupied space! Indentify yourself or else, we will attack you!"

(Finally, I'm inside a protected territory. Now I just need to convince them to let me in. I already have recovered most of my energy, so if combat is unavoidable I have a chance.)

Alek didn't see where the enemy is since it seems like they are masters of concealing themselves. But even so he loosened himself and revealed his intentions, the fake one of course.

"I'm injured d-due to an ambush a-and I got separated from my comrades kahak! I'm t-trying to find a place to heal myself. Please h-help me! Kahak ahak!"

Alek tried his best to act injured and tired. He totally didn't lie about being attacked and getting separated though.

"Go back! You don't have a place here! If you don't go back right now we will hunt you." a woman's voice shouted. 

Alek's face frowned, he didn't like this development. He quickly thought of any other options and began to negotiate.

"Ok what about this! I'll do you service once I have recovered in your village! I'm an elite Support Mage with a Create(Creation) specialty. I can make anything within reason and power!"

It was silent for awhile after Alek dropped his last card. He was betting on this offer, if he fails to entice the people he is facing right now, he would have to spend even more time in the forest which is unfavorable.

"Alright... we'll let you in. But if you do something suspicious then we will not hesitate to behead you, even if you're injured."

(Alright! Mission Success!)

"R-really? Thank you so much!"

Alek finally showed himself, not like he was hidden since he was clearly seen by the other party. And just like him, they also showed themselves. Unlike what Alek has expected, they were decently armored and well equipped. 

"Greetings, someone will escort you to a safe place. Cooperate and you will live. Jal! Come here!"

The person who greeted Alek is a man with a long bow and an axe to his side. He's well built and had a long hair. Then out of nowhere, a woman suddenly appeared beside him.

"I'm here." Jal said. She seems to be the silent type by the way she presented herself.

"Escort this man to our place. Make sure he doesn't do anything funny, if he does you know what to do."

"Understood"

"Thank you! Thank you!"

After thanking them Jal and Alek made their way to their destination. Alek noticed that as they went deeper into the forest, the presence of mana increases.

(Im recovering my mana even without trying to) Alek thought. Midway in to their travel, Alek finally engaged in a conversation with Jal.

"Jal right? How deep is your place in the forest?"

"Deep."

"Hmmmm. Is this forest still the Forest of End? "

"Yes."

(Wow...she's a tough nut to crack.)

After confirming this is still the Forest of the End, Alek couldn't resist his curiosity regarding his last fight.

"Then was there an explosion of any sorts that you guys felt recently?"

Jal stopped for a moment and stared to Alek.

"Not recent. But yes we did. That was 5 years ago."

(Eh?)

"5 years?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Really. It help create the Lake of End here in the forest."

Alek almost fell to the ground because of the matter. His knees was shaking and his hand formed into a fist. He's deeply shocked and couldn't believe it and he's in a daze.

"Hey. You ok?"

Alek wasn't able to respond until a few seconds. 

"Yes..I'm alright."

"Then let's go."

The continued their journey without talking and it wasn't long until Jal finally speaked again.

"We're here."

"I don't see anything."

Not until Jal pulled a branch and something lit up.

(A mirage spell engraved to a permanent mechanism. I'm surprised they let me in for my offer earlier when they are capable of this.)

They went inside a tunnel and what greeted Alek was a bustling settlement. Men are working and women are playing with their children. Robed men gather around to what seems to be their religious building. Armed guards also stand strong to protect them. 

(Amazing, The equivalent of the development here is that of a prosperous town in my world.The upper world and the middle world really is different.)

"I'll lead you to your room first."

Jal lead Alek to his room through the bustling crowd. One thing Alek noticed is how well built the buildings are, which is quite amazing considering they're secluded.

"We're here. Stay here. Since you can heal yourself we won't be provi9 you any healers except food."

"Thank you. May I know where you are going Jal?"

"I'm going to go fetch the Elders."

Jal left afterwards and Alek started healing himself. He already recovered his energy but some mana veins, wounds and burns still bugs Alek.

After to what seemed to be an eternity, Alek finally finished and in perfect timing, Jal came back along with her Elders.

"So this is him."

Alek bowed quickly and greeted the oldest looking man, assuming his the highest in the hierarchy. 

"He seems weak."

"Apparently he's a Support Mage, they are a rarity even than healers."

Murmurs was heard in the back of the group of Elders but Alek didn't pay attention to them.

"Greetings to the Elders. I'm Alek, a Support Mage back in the city. I am thankful for allowing me stay here and heal myself."

"My name is Elder Mido. This much is nothing young man."

"Once again, thank you Elder Mido."

"How are you now?"

"I'm good, although not in the best state but better than how it was earlier."

"Great! Now you can start doing your part of the condition."

(This...this old man really went straight for the goal!)

"Of course, how may I help you?"

"From what I have heard, you can dabble a little on Creation right?"

"Yes."

"Then I want you to do this."

Elder Mido then explained to me what he wanted me to do. Apparently they have a material they can't utilize since they don't have someone capable of making it usable for general use. The material in question is a magic crystals the same size of my head.

Alek, thinking that this is the perfect opportunity to get his mind off from the shock earlier, agreed and went to work right away. Days passed and Alek slowly began to get used to his new environment. Part of the reason why is because the people are rather welcoming.

"Big Bro! Big Bro! Come play with us!"

"Uwah!"

While examining a crystal, a group of children swarmed Alek in his workshop. Work has not been easy so far since Alek didn't have enough experience to handle work like this. So one way he found to reduce the stress is socializing with the locals. 

"Ok ok, but not now. My work for today is still not finished. Why don't you help me find your Big Sis Jal and tell her to come here."

"Okkk! But promise us ok?"

"Promise."

Alek was healed now but then his expression changed when he felt something. 

(This presence...)

Alek looked around and used spread Sense to its full potential to cover a half-kilometer radius, bypassing the Mirage Spell and began searching. After a few moments, he found someone.

"Althra!"

Like it? Let me know if your thoughts in the comments. Cheers!

3