Chapter 1 – Two Different Spots [WIP]
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is the second horror story I have ever made, and the concept was pretty simple. However, the idea behind Snow kept on changing. Snow was, originally, a horribly messed-up otome game at its core, yet changed upon me learning more things. It was then about a messed-up world where the cruel and harsh conditions of the world led to the inhabitants becoming insane bloodthirsty beasts. Finally, a couple of years ago, I made the very first chapter, still using some ideas from the old Snow. For example, the main character's name is still Snow, the world is still a snow-covered wasteland full of insane beasts and people, and there are still the two "ghosts". Now, however, there are two main characters and, instead of focusing more on the torn society, the story focuses more on the horror two sisters have to survive and get through.

I won't keep you long. If you want to read the very first chapter I made for Snow, (Which isn't the first chapter but a promo) then go and find Snow on Webnovel. Hope you enjoy it!

 

Warning! This story contains graphic gore, trauma, abuse, torture, etc except for rape. There is no rape. Anyway, you are warned.

 

 

I opened my eyes, trying to ignore the ringing in my head. Wherever I was, it was cold and dark. My vision was grey and blurry but, as my vision slowly recovered, the grey turned to black. Even if I was still dressed in my pajamas and wasn't tied up, I could tell that I was most definitely not in my room anymore.

I felt my breath begin to quicken at the realization and, no matter how hard I willed myself to calm down, my body didn't listen. It wasn't until I nearly fell off the chair that I was sitting on did my body finally decided to listen to me once again. After I quickly calmed myself down, or calm myself down as much as I can in this situation, I looked around. From the looks of it, I was in some kind of small shack. There is one window that is blindingly bright yet, despite how bright the window is, the light couldn't make the darkness of the shed disappear. The ground looked to be made of light grey concrete slabs, the slabs disappearing into the dirt to the far left of me, and is a singular wooden door that has no handle, only a keyhole in the middle of a green and yellow shell-shaped decoration. The last thing I took note of was how the walls of the shed appear to be made out of metal.

After I was done observing my surroundings, I stood up, taking my time in case my legs have fallen asleep. My caution paid off when my legs became numb the moment I put weight on them. That was going to be a problem. I want to stand up and look out the window or see what's under my chair but, with how my legs reacted when I put weight on them, I doubt I could without falling to the ground. Call it a feeling but, if I fall to the ground, I don't think I'll be able to crawl back into the chair I was on, let alone stand up. 

A sigh escaped my lips before I could stop it. What are the odds that I'll be kidnapped? Who would even want to kidnap me? Actually, since they kidnapped me, how come they didn't tie me up or station a guard? The fact that I'm alone means that the kidnapped wanted me personally too, which can't be good. 

My mind went through all sorts of reasons why someone would kidnap me and how to escape but, after a while of thinking, my mind came up blank. I closed my eyes with another sigh and leaned back in the chair. I may be trapped here but, with no way out, the only thing I can do is wait. 

I don't know what tipped me off, the small strange feeling I had around my eyes, the subtle sound of fire cracking, a slight foreign sensation in my head, or all three. Whatever it was, it caused me to open my eyes. What I saw almost made me jump in surprise.

I was somehow in front of a light brown-skinned girl with dark curly hair. She was wearing a light purple t-shirt, and grey sweatpants, and was lying in a puddle of blood. Surrounding her was dusty orange and sand-colored walls with some big lit torches. The entire place was dark and resembled some kind of crypt. 

I tried to kneel down, forgetting for a moment that I couldn't move my legs and did so successfully. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that I was not only standing, but I felt no pain in my legs. No numbness either.

It took me a solid minute to wrap my head around what was happening, especially when I looked at my hands and realized they were see-through and blurry, like an image on a screen of static. What I was seeing was going against everything I was taught and know and, if it weren't for the extreme situation I was in, I would have had a crisis right there and then.

Instead, I study the girl's face without touching her. I don't know if she's awake or...well, dead. If she wasn't and, yes, I am ashamed to admit that I am thinking about the possibility, of some kind of zombie, then I don't want to wake her. Though, technically zombies are dead bodies, aren't they? Well, that isn't important right now.

The girl's face was mostly hidden since she was lying on her belly but, from what I could see, she is kinda cute. I also have no idea who she is. I also don't think she is dead either. There is no rot or any sign of decay on her body, and her skin wasn't even the slightest bit pale. With that in mind, I decided to touch her. 

The moment I give her slight touch to her cheek, her eyes open up. All I saw was that her eyes were a light purple color, darker than her shirt which is closer to being pink now that I think about it. 

The sudden act of her eyes opening and the accompanying gasp that followed startled me enough to slightly jump back. Then, all I saw was darkness. 

I blinked, confused, then blinked again when I realized I had my eyes closed. I opened them and saw the same wall that I woke up to. I was back in the shed and, after a quick look at myself, was no longer see-through.

'So, it was just a dream then? Yeah, just a dream. In a way, I wish it weren't. Despite how odd and terrifying the experience was, at least it was something.'

'Sister?'

I felt a shiver run down my spine and looked around the room, trying to see where the voice came from. Upon seeing nothing, I thought that the voice may be coming from a speaker underneath my chair or in one of the dark corners of the shed, though I quickly scratched that idea off. The voice was crystal clear and unknown to me, so it couldn't have been one of my sisters. I know their voices too well.

I waited for the voice to speak again but it didn't, leaving me with more worry than relief.

'I may either be delusional, hearing things, or that was some kind of leftover from the weird dream I just had.' 

'But it's not, sister. I can hear you and, going off your reaction, you can hear me, right?'

I once again looked around the shed and once again came up to nothing. I was trying my best to ignore the fact that the voice seemed to be coming from my head,

'But, that's impossible! I thought I got rid of my inner voice years ago...and you're not Banzo.'

The mysterious voice covered up a giggle. Whoever she was, their voice sounded small, timid, and a bit scratchy, like she hasn't had water in a while. 

'But, if that's true then... you aren't the girl lying in a pool of blood, are you?'

Silence. It lasted so long and was so intense that I honestly felt like a fool and a loon.

'... How do you know that?' The girl asked, confirming my suspicion.

'I... uh, kinda saw you waking up in a dream.' I admitted with a nervous laugh, realizing how absurd it sounds.

'...........'

'....Well, considering how I am in some kind of crypt with no idea of how I got here, and I am speaking to you through telepathy or whatnot, I believe you.'

I blinked in surprise and let out a tiny giggle before I could stop myself. I found what she said funny for some reason.

'Well, I say you have it better off than me unless you're injured. Are you hurt?'

'No, I'm not, though I have a feeling that this blood belongs to me.'

That was...strange to say the least but, with everything that is going on, either I am insane or things just don't make sense anymore. With that logic in mind, I might as well accept the strangeness. 

'So, when you woke up you said something about your sister, right? Did something happen to her?'

I know it is a risk asking her that since it is probably a sensitive subject but, if she is also in the same 'situation' as us, I should know. After all, we are stronger together...normally.

Silence. Then, the response came.

'...What are you talking about, Snow? I am your sister.'

"What are you talking about?" I snapped, speaking out loud. Only a few handful of people know of my real name, and all but two of them were family, and those two friends of mine moved to Europe. 

'Wh-what am I talking about? What are you talking about!? I'm Venessa, your adopted sister.' 

'I don't have any sister named Venessa.' I responded back.

I expected another response like the one I had given, one out of shock, fear, and anger. Instead, a meek and tear-filled voice came back.

'Really? You really don't remember me?' The girl, Venessa, asked. Immediately I felt a stab of guilt. Still, I knew who my family was, and someone named Venessa wasn't a part of it. 

Yet, if I deny that then she may not be able to carry on, at least not carry on with an okay mindset. Right now, the only objective we should have is to escape from where we are and hopefully meet up together. Actually, seeing as how I still feel weak, Venessa may have to come and rescue me. 

'Alright. I'll believe you. While I may not remember you, judging by how your voice, you really do believe that we are sisters. So, please call me Eliza.'

Venessa was silent for a couple of seconds before humming an agreement.

'Good. Now, from what I saw, you are in a better position than I am. Currently, my entire body, especially my legs, is weak so much that I can't stand it. I'm also trapped in a shed. Where you are, while it may be dark, if you take a torch on the wall and make your way slowly and carefully, you should be able to find a way out.'

'Got it. Um, I'll try my best, Eliza.'

I felt myself smile at that.

'Great. Let me know if you have any trouble. I'm going to see if I can find a way out of this shed that I am stuck in.'

'A-alright. Venessa out.'

I could tell right away from the quiver in her voice that this was going to be far from being just a struggle. I wish that I could go back to being next to the girl. While I don't think I would be able to do much, at least I would be able to see what she is seeing and help her out. I can only hope that she is just in a crypt with no traps...

....but I know myself how foolish that line of thought is.

 


 

I felt my eye twitch before I let out a soft groan. Opening them, I saw a brief image of Snow in front of me, crouching down to get a better look at my face, before she disappeared like she wasn't there in the first place. I, of course, knew better. 

Blinking away my drowsiness, I sat up. Already, I can feel something tugging in my mind, as well as a strong emotion of confusion that isn't mine. I am confused, yes, but luckily she was more. It's easier to get a link to her if she is feeling a different emotion than I am, or the same one much stronger. 

Getting up, I felt the familiar violent itching urge in the back of my throat, leading me to have a coughing fit. After I recovered, I began a question that always plagues me.

What should I say to her? 

Strange how, only now does that question hold more weight than I ever thought it did. 

Reaching out, racking my brain on what to say, I finally decided on just calling out 'Sister?'

There was a pause, and finally a response, though I could tell it wasn't aimed at me at all. Hearing her logical conclusions, I felt a smile grow on my face. 

'But it's not, sister. I can hear you and, going off your reaction, you can hear me, right?'

Her response, especially when she mentions her old imaginary friend, caused me to giggle which, no doubt she heard. The rest of the conversation came as expected, with her putting together that I am the girl lying in a puddle of blood, as well as me feigning innocence. Then, came the question. 

'So, when you woke up you said something about your sister, right? Did something happen to her?'

 

1