C2: Secrets
711 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I have decided to stick with the current length. Though I would not follow it religiously and world just end the chapter when I feel like its over. Most chapters would be 1500- 2000 length

"Take care and don't do something too dangerous, okay?" Yuna whispered with a glint of worry.

"Ah...yes."

"You are blushing! He he~"

Aiden looked away clearly caught red faced. But it wasn't the small cute morning greeting that had caused him to turn embarrassed. Rather...

"NI-SAN again? Why would you call me that? Honestly, its sounds embarrassing for some reason."

Both of them had no origins to Japan and Aiden could have swore that he knew nothing of Japanese language either. So there was no particular reason why Yuna would call him such.

But Yuna didn't seem to agree as she puffed out her cheeks in annoyance.

"Mu, but you said that its fine when we are alone."

Turned out that Yuna was one of those 'Anime Connoisseurs' and she got some kind of thrill out of those selected few 'words'. Calling her Ni-san was one of her everyday joy.

'It leaves me worried sometimes though, considering she is so much into it, recently. Well I guess as long as she doesn't loose track of her studies its okay with me.'

It was obvious that eventually his sister was bound to develop some tastes of her own that were completely foreign to her. Aiden had already prepared himself for that day. And as long as she doesn't mess up it was okay with him.

Aiden himself didn't know anything about anime. But he was definitely aware of the popular titles and everything else someone who is not part of the community and yet has a sister who loves it should know.

Aiden reached out and caressed her messy hair straightening it to the sides as he smiled.

'Should I allow it? Or should I not?' Aiden wasn't sure. But there was one thing he was sure about...

Even her pouting seemed so cute to him.

"Okay fine. But only when we are alone okay?"

"Nice"

"Okay then, I am off to work! Don't forget your breakfast."

"See you soon, Ni-san!" Yuna cheerfully pushed him out, and then closed the apartment door behind him once she had waved him off.

But as soon as he left, the air around Yuna changed promptly.

There was no particular change in her appearance. Her hair was as messy as it was before. But the air around her was heavy in contrast to the cheerfulness before.

Her shoulders drooped as she sighed.

She pulled her hair as she made a mess out of them all over again, making Aiden's earlier effort to fix them all for naught. She did care if it hurt her. It was as if she wanted to punish herself!

Only after doing that she was able to calm down.

"Ahhh, I hate myself. I hate myself. I couldn't tell him today either."

With her everyday failure Yuna was getting more and more frustrated. Even the monsters at the dungeon didn't seem as daunting as when her 'Ni-san' becomes, whenever she imagines telling him all about her secrets in her imaginations and nightmares.

"I shouldn't have kept it a secret," she sighed again.

At first, it was just her playing around and her 'rebelling phase' acting up. She knew that her brother would probably not be happy with her being involved into such things, so she kept it a secret to not make him worry too much.

At first, she even thought that it was somewhat cool having her own little secret, since her brother knew almost everything about her.

But as time went by those little secrets began piling up as they formed into something huge. It was like a great mountain that she couldn't shrug off any more.

She was living in fear in every moment. She feared that her brother would figure out it all. She feared that this huge mountain would come crushing down on top of her.

"I hope he doesn't find out." Yuna pursed her lips.

That is why Yuna wanted to confront him herself. At least if the revelations comes from herself rather than some outside party, she would have a way to explain herself to her brother.

But the problem was that it was taking her everything just to confront him. Words would never come up to share her troubles and defend herself.

'I don't want him to get angry.'

Yuna sighed.

She was scared that her brother would get angry and then leave her alone. After all, she knew to what lengths he had gone just because of her. And she couldn't even pay him back with anything.

"Ni-san...," Yuna whispered as she stared at the door.

Part of her wished that Aiden would just hurry up and figure out how she felt. He knew everything about her, so he should also know how she feels doesn't it? Dealing with all of those emotions was so daunting that it scared her even more.

After all, even if she kept some secrets, it was her feelings that counts the most, didn't it?

"Ugh"

Her stomach growled.

All of this depression and thinking were only making her more hungry. Seriously, she could tackle the hardest problems on paper but she couldn't bring herself to face her brother.

She pulled out her phone and ordered something light for breakfast. Whatever she put in the virtual cart was extremely expensive, but she didn't bat an eye at all, as if it didn't even matter at this point on.

She walked to the kitchen still in her pajamas as she pulled out cold water from the refrigerator. The cold water was needed to make her feel refreshed. Only she knew how hard it was to force herself from bed just to confront her biggest secrets when she hadn't had a brink of sleep for days!

And how could she even sleep? It was like she had caught up some sort of insomnia with all of her stress piling up.

That is when her eyes trickled to the breakfast kept by his brother. She pulled off the cover. But she immediately covered it back again with a jolt.

"It's poison. It's poison again."

Aiden thought that he had improved. But the truth was that he hadn't improved at all! His food was the same disgusting poison as it always was.

And while Yuna didn't like the food cooked by him, yet she wasn't willing to give up on the luxury of her Ni-san cook for her either.

"I will have to throw them out without Ni-san knowing." Yuna glared at the breakfast as if she was being vigilant against a monster.

It was true that she was a selfish girl who wanted her brother to keep cooking for her just for the 'act of belonging' and not for the food itself. But she was going to continue to being selfish. Knowing that she was the only one for whom his brother cooked was gratifying in itself.

Yuna sighed.

The breakfast being her 'daily dose of poison' was just another little secret of hers but it was nothing compared to the mountain she had piled.

She placed the bottle back in the refrigerator as she sighed. Then she turned around and cusped her hands and immediately a perfect replica of her body was formed.

"Take care of the house. I have to leave after having my breakfast," Yuna passed orders to her clone and went back to her room yawning away while also being unable to blink an eye in worry...

Today I set up a patreon too. Kek Kek. If you want to support a new author and join my cult, do drop by. Kek Kek

18