Cycle 3 (1)
159 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

I'm in a team with Avi this cycle! We got the option of being in groups of two or four. Everyone from our dungeon went with groups of two.

It's nice being just the two of us. We like all our friends, but it's good to spend time with just us. It's been a couple cycles since the last time we were alone.

Avi says we should take the velociraptors and leave them with the gingerbread people. I agree. But I wonder if we can kidnap anything from just below the gingerbread people. I like having pets with us, especially since we kinda aren't really supposed to.

I'm usually not a rule-breaking rebel, but Avi makes kidnapping random creatures so much fun.

Oh! I'm not green this cycle! I went with blue, so I have water magic! I'm gonna seriously try learning how to swim. It wasn't ever a super big deal before, but now that one of the floor exits is underwater, I need to be able to get to it myself.

And there are no other reasons for my color change. None at all. Nope.

Iiiiin other news… I finally found out why Y never wanted to be a half-dragon. We're all half-dragons this cycle, no way around it.

Apparently he suffocated to death, and the snout shape reminds him of that. I understand why he wouldn't ever choose to be a dragon or kobold.

Anyways, he freaked out and tried to break his face off. It wasn't pretty. Kimi was gonna ask the Admin to change their race, and I hope it's allowed. I might write her tomorrow and ask what happened.

It's not really any of my business, but they're my friends. Our friends. I'm worried about them. I hope they’re ok.

Goodnight, Dungeon.

*****

.

.

.

Admin 6 sent a request, and soon gold magic covered him. He was transported into a chair in the Director's office, facing her across a mahogany desk.

"Yes?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Admin 6 straightened up. "I would like to request you change the race for two of my players."

"Denied," the Director said flatly.

"Please," he snapped. "One of my players has torn his face in half, he cannot handle being a half-dragon."

"One? Then why is the request for two?" she asked.

"It's for him and his wife."

"Wife?"

"Yes, I… made one of the shared inventories be between two people, and called it a spousal inventory. This couple had one. I don't see how that matters, when one of my players is constantly casting sleep on another to prevent self-harm."

"Did any of the other admins have an arrangement like that?" the Director asked.

"I don't care," Admin 6 told her. "Please will you allow me to change the race of two of my players?"

She watched him for a few seconds. "Fine. I'll change them to neko, but they will be locked on Floor 1 for the duration of the cycle."

"Thank you."

"The restriction doesn't bother you?"

He was about to say no but paused. He looked down for a moment. "They've already spent a full day on Floor 1 trying to calm down. With that delay it's unlikely they'd get to the button in time. This cycle is already lost for them, so they might as well be stuck somewhere."

She accepted that. "Tell them they'll be stuck every time they need a race change. Half-dragon will come around four more times, so if they don't want to forfeit five cycles they need to get over it."

Admin 6 nodded, knowing they wouldn't mind at all. "I will. Thank you."

She sent him back to his desk.

14