Cycle 3 (4)
123 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

I… don't think we'll be able to get to the button this cycle. We kinda spent two whole days on Floor 30. So yeah, we're behind.

I mean, we can teleport over a lot of floors and try to catch up, but I don't know how much time we need to make up. It might be too much for us.

It was worth it, though.

I said in my other diary that I don't want to write about what happens between Avi and me in private. I still don't. But… Well, after everything that happened on Cycle 57, things have been different between us.

It finally feels like all that is behind us now. He was mad at me, and then sorry about being mad, and then we were here and never alone. And I was sorry, and then scared of doing anything to upset him, and then we were here.

And now… it's ok. Bad things happened, but they won't happen again. We got through it. We can be happy.

Anyways.

On Floor 37 there's a group of goblins we have to kill until they drop five keys. We talked to them this morning, and they say they can collect keys to sell us so we don't have to kill them. They already had five this cycle because they were trying to unlock the door and escape.

They failed. But they sold the keys for five pizzas, so that made them happy. Next time they say they want ten pizzas, and told me what types.

I think it's a fair trade. It's not like pizzas are hard to make. Dying isn't all that hard either, but there's a feeling that we shouldn't.

It'll be weird if we ever go somewhere else where death is permanent. We've gotten so used to it being a minor inconvenience. Like stubbing a toe. Sure it hurts, but give it a little bit and everything goes back to normal. No one wants to die, but if it happens it's not a big deal. Not really.

…Wait. If the goblins want to get off the floor, we can help them do that! We know how to get creatures through exits! That might be even better than pizza for them.

Next cycle I'll ask which they prefer.

I wonder if I should tell the Admin about it. I mean, he'd probably prefer if we just gave them pizza, and it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. But we are kinda trying to stay out of trouble. If I just say "hey, we're gonna get the Floor 37 goblins down to Floor 38 kthxbai", he'll either respond like "plz don't" (which is basically an ok) or "no, that's a terrible idea because…" (which we would listen to).

Anyways, Floor 38 is where the dire wolves are. We decided to spend the night here after giving all the wolves a bath and good brushing. Siri wolf was getting matted, and Floofles was just covered in cobwebs. Both those things are bad. And of course we can't just pamper two wolves in a pack, so they all got baths.

There isn't any river or anything on this floor, so it's a good thing I went blue this cycle.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to fry bacon for everyone's breakfast. It's not the best thing to give wolves, but they deserve treats. It's ok to give them bacon once a cycle.

But to get to tomorrow morning, I need sleep!

Goodnight, Dungeon!

9