Chapter 14
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The weekend came by and Rose decided to do some grocery shopping as things were now running out in the house. It was the least that she could do as they were letting her stay here for free.

She got dressed in jeans, a white top, and some sneakers. She put on a cardigan as a finishing touch and was ready to go. She checked the time and it was ten in the morning.

She dashed downstairs and found Ryder, who seemed to be waiting for her.

"Let's go," said Ryder.

"Go where?"

"Aren't you grocery shopping?" Ryder replied.

"Yeah I am, how did you know?"

"I heard you mutter it under your breath the other day when you checked the fridge," Ryder replied.

Rose nodded, "You don't have to come, I got it sorted out you know."

"I insist," Ryder replied as he grabbed his car keys and they were on their way. Rose was making a list of things so she wouldn't miss out on anything when they got there and she didn't want to be over the budget.

When they arrived they went to the supermarket with everything that they would need, Rose started for the trolley but Ryder beat her to it.

They went row by row selecting stuff and Rose was surprised at how Ryder just picked whatever he wanted regardless of the price. He didn't check nor did he seem to care.

They turned down another aisle and Rose heard Ryder curse urgently under his breath, and she turned to him. She saw that he was panicking, "What's wrong?" she asked concerned for him.

"I need to hide," Ryder replied lowly.

"Why?" Rose asked, she looked up and saw two girls by the row checking for stuff, and if they turned they would spot them.

"Is it them?" Rose probed some more.

Rose saw the girls turning slowly and she felt Ryder's hands encircle her waist and her back was flush against him as he had pulled her strongly and his face went to the curve of her neck. She could his lips on her collar bone and his hot breath too.

Her hair fell over his face like a curtain and Rose saw that he was hiding from the girls that were walking past them. His hands held her very tightly and she could feel the beat of his heart. Was he that nervous because of the girls?

Rose felt Ryder inhaling sharply, she made sure the girls were gone when she turned around slowly,

"Are you okay?" Rose looked up at him.

Ryder looked vulnerable but he was also filled with something else in his eyes. Was it passion, lust, or fear? She couldn't tell as they all nearly read and looked the same.

"They are gone, it's okay now. You can let me go."

Ryder let his arms fall off and she was searching his face for an answer or anything if he wanted to talk about it.

"Thank you," said Ryder.

"For?"

"Helping me."

"It's not a problem, you helped before remember," Rose replied. She could tell that he didn't want to talk about what just happened so she would leave him be.

"Let's go." Ryder probed.

Rose nodded, "Sure."

As they were walking, Ryder had a mischievous grin on his face, "I love your scent." said Ryder smiling at her.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

0