First Fight
1.7k 13 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex enters the living room with her sister in tow, a grin on her face. When she enters Alex sees there are visitors.

Sera (birth mom) waves the two over. “Perfect timing you two, come over here and great you grandparents.”

Alex obediently came over remembering what they were told about their family. Liz though hid behind Alex until they got close to mom and then she darted behind mom.

“Hello, my name is Alexandria, and the shy one is Elizabeth. Nice to meet you.” When Alex mentioned her, Liz poked her head out and waved before hiding again.

Grandma spoke, a gentle smile on her face. “What a polite young lady, and to already be level ten, I wonder if they can challenge your record son.”

Dad smiled, “my little angels are incredibly gifted. I cannot wait to see his reaction with their results during their introduction.”

Grandpa snorted, “the main family has been getting arrogant, forgetting what it is that makes anyone strong. They should be able to show those spoiled brats what true strength is. Do either of them need a companion?”

Mom spoke up, “Liz will not, to devoted to her sister. Alex on the other hand will need at least a primary one.”

Both grandparents looked started at that, Grandma spoke to Alex. “Honey, can you show us your status? We need to confirm something.”

Behind them Her Dad nodded so Alex did so.

Both of them blinked at what they saw, then grandpa spoke. “We will make sure it is done and the companion is here for her sixteenth birthday. With this revelation we need to prepare so we will take our leave.”

Dad nodded and moved to hug Grandma. “Safe travels, see you at their sixteenth.”

Soon both left and the household returned to normal, the next day school starts so Alex trained all day then got ready. Soon enough it was time, her first day of school.

She soon grew to despise school; between the other kids and the fact they are going over things she already knew she found herself bored and stressed at the same time.

One of the classes she found that she likes is history. What shocked her the most is the fact that in this world the demon lord won. On top of that it was the last war fought on this planet due to the devastation wrought by that war. On top of everything the last fight between the champion of light and the demon lord shattered the southern continent, leaving behind only scattered islands. The southern continent was the homeland of the humans, high elves and dwarves. Most of both of those races and the armies of both sides were destroyed when the champion of light detonated something.

Due to this the demon lord and all the remaining arch magi cast a spell that gave about thirty percent of all females penises. Other races, like the high elves needed more converted due to no males being left. At the same time a spell was cast that prevents wars to this day, what exactly will happen is unknown, lost to time.

Alex also learned that she is on the western continent called Atesh, mostly beastkin live on it. During the war they mainly sided with the demon lord due to the treatment they received at the hands of humans. There is a mix of demons mainly in the larger cities and the coastal areas have a mix of all races.

The northern continent is the land the demons claimed, it was once inhospitable tundra, now it is a thriving civilization. It is mainly filled with demons and their kin. There is a mix of beastkin, mainly those suited towards the weather.

The eastern continent is a place of mystery, only the strongest venture there. It is said immortals live there and that once someone is strong enough, they might take that person as a student. Though surviving until you find an immortal is the hard part.

No one knows what is on the other side of the ocean, not for the lack of trying though. There are leviathans out there that are so strong no one can identify their level. They are insanely territorial and will attack anyone who enters their territory.

Class was only in the mornings, once it was done training started. During a lesson with dad, he introduced me to a weapon I had not seen before.

“This is a khopesh, I think it might fit your fighting style very well. It has a single sharp edge and on the blunt edge runes have been carved allowing the wielder to cast spells very easily. On top of that with some practice it can be used to fling spells while fighting two-handed.”

Alex curious reached out for the wooden khopesh her dad held. After testing the balance, “it feels and looks like a slashing weapon. I want to learn, seems like it could be interesting.”

Her dad nodded, “alright. Let Catherine know during your next training session, I am only really good with hammers.”

As she trained, Alex refined her fighting style. At the same time her sister is doing the same. Liz took to a curved blade, a niuweidao. They also trained together gaining skills that would only work when fighting together.

Soon their parents started taking them on hunting trips, and after they proved their skills in battle. They were allowed out on their own.

Alex looked around the forest she is in, “I hope we actually get a good fight, wolves and goblins are no longer a challenge.”

Liz giggled, “true that, I got mom to agree to take us to a new area next weekend. Per her there should be new foes to fight there.”

Both of them heard a rustling coming from nearby, their swords drawn in an instant as they turned to look in the direction of the noise. A blur of purple shot out of the brush, heading for Liz.

Alex darted out intercepting the strike with the flat of the blade, her eyes widen as she got knocked back!

She quickly gathered herself, she looked at the 30ft (9.1m) massive snake 'inspect.'

Giant purple snake.

Lvl: ??

Affinities: poison, ??, ??

Alex swore under her breath, it is at least 50 levels over her own. This would be the hardest fight they had ever fought, considering its speed retreat was also not an option. She starts casting a spell, a bright ball of fire forms in the curve of the blade.

Liz seeing this sends a stream of lightning at the snake, making it convulse and smoke.

Taking advantage of this she finished her casting and launched a burning white orb at the snake 'White inferno'. Then launched herself at the beast in order to keep it off balance, not fearing her own flame.

Liz started charging a new spell, from the cold Alex knew it should end this fight if it landed. Making sure it could be is her responsibility, The snake is fast and hits hard. Luckly Alex's orb hit doing a great job slowing the snake done, it is hard to fight with a large amount of your body missing. It is stupid tough considering the damage, most would not be able to.

Suddenly Liz moved, almost too fast for Alex to track. In the next moment the snake is in pieces all over the ground. Alex walked over to the head, picking it up. “You are lucky it was your turn for the killing blow, I really wanted to do it.”

Liz stuck her tongue out at her sister, “the fight was so fun. Though I do not want to think on how Mom is going to react when she hears what happened.”

Alex shrugged, “We are in the zone they said we can be in. Let's get the rest of this critter packed up and look around. Considering this is not where such a creature should be, something else might be here.”

Liz nodded and they got to work, they soon found what must have caused this. The snake must have been passing through when she had to stop and lay eggs. They carefully packed up the eggs and headed home. Knowing the value of such eggs.

The eggs got sent to the main family to be raised properly, such a thing will take decades to finish. Their parents said they would be rewarded once they reached sixteen and are presented to the clan.

What do race you think the companion is going to be?
  • Kakuen (monkey girl) Votes: 6 3.1%
  • lamia (snake girl) Votes: 29 14.8%
  • hellhound (demon, wolf hybrid) Votes: 26 13.3%
  • kikimora (rare dog girl) Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Dormouse (mouse girl) Votes: 6 3.1%
  • nekomata (cat girl) Votes: 20 10.2%
  • kitsune (fox girl) Votes: 99 50.5%
Total voters: 196
47