Prologue
349 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wake up. Eat. Work. Eat again. Sleep.

Then wake up again.

That is the summary of my whole life. A cycle that I tried to cling to since I became an adult due to the necessity of the society.

Or rather, it was what modern society demands from me.

If someone says "That's quite a monotony you got there," I will surely agree.

But it doesn't imply that my life is boring. From time to time, I would break the monotonous flow by adding some spices into it in a form of reading books and playing games.

...I'm anti-social, you say?

No. That's a misconception.  I don't hate human contact at all or try to avoid it.

In reality, I have friends. Though they were only a few of them.

If there's one word that best describes me, then it would be a "loner".

I value my solitude most of the time and I don't feel any loneliness from being alone all the time.

I can't really point out any factors as to why I am being this way but if one must insist, then perhaps it was because I was born as an orphan since I was young.

Well there were some people in the past who willingly fostered me. If anything, they were more interested in the money that came along with it rather than having a new member of the family though.

Anyways, reading books and playing video games are my hobbies.

I'm quite fascinated by the amount of written information printed on such publications, showcasing the knowledge that humanity have accumulated through years of learning and research. This include comic books and light novels too, even if they tend to cater that fantasy side of things.

A way to escape realism is somehow beneficial. It just shows the power of imagination of one's mind.

Then there's videogames. There's nothing more to describe them but fantastic.

I am also fascinated with technology. May it be fiction or not. Another showcase of human talent.

You might call me a geek. However, fret not for I don't find myself being offended by such term.

"Ah..."

I let out a sigh as I lay my head on my pillow. Tomorrow's another day, another battle. 

"One must need proper rest". I'm quite a devoted follower of such saying.

So with one blink, I close my eyes as I welcome the enveloping caress of the goddess of sleep.

***

That was the last memory I had.

I opened my eyes to a world that have no resemblance to my previous one.

I found myself in a body of a young noble boy Cielo Comunero of the Comunero Barony, a place that I never heard before.

Cielo.

A boy who is the son of a commoner turned noble who founded the fief 10 years ago.

He was a 10 year old kid who now unfortunately shoulders the responsibility of administrating the barony after his father died in the recent war.

A place that neither the lower rank nobles nor the higher ones want to bat an eye on.

A place that most wealthy and the influential would find unattractive and unpleasant. And yet...

This child does not want to give up this wasteland where he had created wonderful memories with his father.

This child does not want to give up the people living within it who put all of their hopes and support behind his father when he was still alive.

For abandoning this place is like abandoning his parent's dreams.

Surely it was a bleak future.

"What would be the proper course of action then?" the voice of Cielo resounded behind my mind.

I didn't voice out my answer for mine was already obvious.

 

1