Water King’s Blessing
587 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master! Stay Back!" Phelp holds an arm out in front of me.

His stance was defensive as we both tried to strain our eyes to see past those yellow eyes.

 What kind of monster was able to speak the human language?

Slowly the yellow eyes began to move until whatever light illuminated the cave revealed a large body covered in short brown fur.

Just as I had thought, it was a Water Rat.

But why is this one intelligent enough to speak?

"YOU HAVE SOME NERVE TO COME IN HERE KILLING MY CHILDREN, SPEAK HUMAN!" It roars.

Just by looking at the Water Rat King, I highly doubt we'd be able to quell its anger easily.

"Master, this Water Rat isn't normal. The mana coming from it is dense." Phelp mutters to me.

I do admit that it was giving off an aura that was even making me tremble.

It's clear that this one was not normal, besides being a Water King or anything, there was something else.

"Phelp, do you think you'd be able to beat it?" I asked.

The Water Rat King looked ready to pounce at any moment.

Phelp placed his hands together, "I will try." Phelp answers.

I don't plan to let him fight alone, but if I use any of my skills in this place, I may destroy the whole place.

"YOU WANT TO GO AGAINST THE GREAT ME? YOU HAVE SOME NERVE FISH." The Water King says.

Just as he spoke he rushed towards us, his speed was monstrous.

Not even Phelp saw him coming.

Before I knew what was happening, Phelp went flying forward into the dark.

I jumped back just as the Water King swiped at me with its large pointy claws.

It was just barely, but if he had managed to hit me, I would have died on the spot.

"A HUMAN CHILD AND A FISH THAT DARES TO TRESPASS AND KILL MY CHILDREN DESERVES DEATH!" It roars.

It jumped toward me and began to spin its body in mid-air before coming down to land on me.

"Master!" Phelp came out of the dark just in time to tackle me out of the way.

We landed in a roll to the floor and stood to get ready for the next attack.

"Looks like it's attacking blindly," Phelp tells me.

I lit the torch that went out and waved it at the Water King in hopes that it would hit.

A great monster like this may not even be fazed.

That is what I thought but I was wrong when I heard a yelp coming from it.

As if we had been worried for nothing, the so-called Water King began to cry out.

We froze in place.

"I'M SORRY, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!" It cried.

I blinked in confusion, I should have hit it with fire before it attacked us if it was going to act like this.

It then told us its story and why it was stuck here in the water cave.

According to this Water King, this dune water cave hasn't always been underwater like this.

It had once been a part of the island above but was sunk to the ocean floor a hundred years ago.

It explained that the reason for this was because of a powerful human curse.

Everything that was once a part of the island had long since been gone.

It makes me wonder how much of this ocean floor is a part of the island.

Also, no one in this generation knew this much.

"I have a question, does that explain why there's a thick fog around this island?" I asked.

"A thick fog?" The Water King asked.

I see so it won't be able to answer that.

I shook my head, "never mind."

"Should we kill it, Master?" Phelp asked gripping his sword hilt.

"Wait, if you kill me you won't know how to raise the other parts of the island!" It says panicking.

I held a hand out to stop Phelp in action.

"So there's a way to do that?" I asked.

"Yes, yes!" 

It's strange to see such a strong beast trembling before us.

Is this because of the fire I made?

"Alright, in exchange for letting you live, you will provide information on how to raise other parts of the island," I tell it.

It nods, "Of course, for letting this Water King live, I will happily serve the child master. I have a large batch of my children ready to hatch and take orders." it said happily.

Phelp scowls but says nothing, I can tell having to work with the Water Rat King does not make him happy.

"So, how do I raise this land?" I asked.

"Easy, on each part of the island that needs raising there's a Majestic beast. Finding and defeating us, then receiving our blessings is the only way to raise them." it points out.

"What do you mean by blessing?" I asked.

"Well, in my case, the blessing that I give Master is simple. As long as the master gives me a name I shall pass on my blessing." It says.

A name?

I frowned as I thought long and hard about what to name this cowardly Rat King.

"How does Vesta sound to you?" I asked.

Vesta jumps about in joy, thankfully he shrunk his body in size.

If not, this whole cave would be shaking.

"Thank You Master for naming me! I, Vesta, will forever serve the Master at the best of my capabilities." It bows its head to the ground.

When he raised his head again a bright light shined so bright I was not sure what was happening.

I shielded my eyes while also trying to see.

Vesta's fur turned white and grew longer. Phelp explained to me that naming a monster made them stronger depending on their master.

Once the light died down I was now gazing upon a white water rat king.

I'm not sure what else changed.

He seemed to be more powerful than when I first met him though.

"I see, it looks like the master I serve is stronger than I thought. I'm glad I decided to serve, Master." Vesta says proudly.

"I shall now pass on my blessing." 

When he said that I began to glow.

"The blessing of the Water Rat King!" 

It turns out the blessing I was given was the ability to talk to monsters, (Majestic beings don't count).

 

{Language of Monsters: Ria can now understand the language of other species besides humans.}

 

The ground beneath our feet began to shake uncontrollably.

It went on for a while and suddenly stopped.

"Looks like the deed is done. Master, I will stay in this cave. But the island should now harbor other creatures that it has risen." Vesta points out.

I wonder what he means by that.

 

 

2