Omake: Fractal Plane Refresher Course 4
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you need seiyuu voices, Yoko Hikasa voices Miyuko , while Nao Touyama and Yusuke Kobayashi voice Rin Amamiya and Seiji Shiki respectively

Miyuko: Fractal Plane Refresher Course!

Kazuki: Episode 4. Usurped Heir.

Miyuko: Ohhh, so this is what the Refresher Course stage looks like. 

Kazuki: Oh, so I'm partnered with you this time? W-wait, what's with the all-green outfit? The cover lied!

Miyuko: It's called subverting expectations! Find anything wrong with that?

Kazuki: Not really. That's the least of my worries considering I'll have to work with you today.

Miyuko: Aww, why the long face? You didn't want to work with a hot teacher-slash-counselor?

Kazuki: Knowing you, you'll probably cause more trouble than you're worth. Anyway, if you're done, I'll proceed.

Miyuko: Excuse me? Hmph, do it your way then.

Kazuki: Okay. Fractal Plane's fourth volume, Usurped Heir, has a lot to unpack. We got the Ishida family drama going on, but I'd rather not talk about it. What I'd love to talk about is how I utterly demolished that asshole Reijy in the sports fest. So badly he had to take an extended leave of absence once the volume finished producing--

Miyuko: You made it sound so dramatic for a sports fest. Come on, we all know what you loved the most was seeing Uehara, Amagi, and Amamiya in cheerleader outfits.

Kazuki: You're not wrong. But we leave that to the readers to imagine. What we do need to tell them is how the latter half of the volume gave us a stunning revelation. For the first time ever, a Fragment strong enough to swallow the entire student population appeared, and everyone got caught up in the dungeon of horrors. In it were shadowy arms in place of Nullities, and those who got caught suffered a fate worse than death.

Kazuki: Luckily, we got the whole team, including Kimura, on the case, as well as some brave souls who gave their all despite not having the powers we have. I kinda had a feeling Shiki had it in him, but even Amamiya and the two girls from the student council pitched in big time.

Miyuko: Are you forgetting someone?

Kazuki: Who? You?

Miyuko: Of course. Tell them of my fighting prowess... Of my amazing powers that worked like... who's that anime character again? Glasses guy who ended up being super strong and... Oh, Aizen!

Kazuki: Yeah, but you ended up being a jobber...

Miyuko: It won't be fair if I went all out, okay? And you call yourself an anime enthusiast? Don't you know that the purpose of the mentor character is to take that first loss to motivate you all?

Kazuki: But you didn't even have any on-screen wins under your belt to make that trope work in the first place! More importantly, that means you'll get killed off next time? To give the team a much-needed powerup to deal with our strong enemies?

Miyuko: Nonono! Of course not! Our author won't let a gorgeous woman like me bite the dust, right? *wink* He knows the eternal secret of a series like the one we're in.

Kazuki: And that would be?

Miyuko: Ehem! Sex appeal, of course! Face it, I'm by far the sexiest and most voluptuous character that Fractal Plane has to offer. Just look at that sexy volume cover. Flirtiest, too. Imagine the potential I bring to the table for comedy. You know those kinds of sex jokes and skits are staples for the genre our series is in.

Kazuki: Cringe...

Miyuko: Awww, you say that but you're blushing. Here, I'll help you grow up and experience adulthood for the first time!

Kazuki: W-wait, get away!

Seiji: Yo! Yo! Seiji Shiki in the house! 

Seiji: Yo! Yo! Seiji Shiki in the house! 

Kazuki: Wait, why is everyone here? Where did you all come from?

Rin: Got a problem with that, huh? Ohai, everyone. Rin Amamiya here. Glamorous idol and fashion enthusiast of Fuyusato Academy. My uncle also runs a hobby shop, but Ms. Sadohara can tell you more about it in the future.

Kazuki: A sudden self-introduction, huh?

Rin: We all heard about this Refresher Course thing from Amagi and felt that it would be fun to crash the party some time. Besides, what kind of guy will refuse a visit from not one, but two pretty ladies?

Miyuko: The dense battle harem anime protag who kept refusing the advances of his hot teacher like a complete virgin... A total edgelord at that, too...

Kazuki: H-hey, stop helping her!

Miki: Hehe. It's never a dull moment with you around. As for where we came from, we went to see Fujiwara off. She gave us coupons for the desserts place three stops away, too. The four of us went with Uehara, but she headed home instead of coming with us.

Kazuki: Right, Fujiwara also had requested for a leave of absence from set after the previous volume. They're just inseparable childhood friends, huh? Her and Reijy. 

Miki: Yep, they are.

Rin: And here's Amagi being very happy when the topic came to childhood friend romance. I wonder whyyyy?

Miyuko and Shiki: *whistles*

Miki: ....

Kazuki: A-anyway, back to topic. So, stuff happened, and we ended up learning more about the main villain's motivations. A bit of it, at least. That, and we had to deal with the second super Nullity, the Magna Arbiter. It was a tough fight, but we pulled it off at a great price. Still, it's not completely destroyed, and the bad guys are after what remains of its powers.

Miyuko: Which is where I come in!

Everyone else: Huh?

Miyuko: For the record, I am the one who knows all about the history of Mu. Mu, Fragments, the big Nullities, and the person called Guren Izaya. I know about them all, and I think it's about time for me to take the spotlight and share the much-awaited backstory of how everything came to be!

Shiki: Oh boy, I'm so excited.

Miyuko: Sorry, but you and Amamiya would have to sit this one out for now. Maybe wait for your cue when the author decides to.

Rin: Unfair...

Shiki: Awww, bummer...

Rin: Well, at least we got to show off a bit last volume, Shiki. So, if you're interested in knowing more about the school festival, our trials inside that horrifying temple, and us students being badass, do not forget to check out the previous volume.

Shiki: Amamiya and I won't be in volume 5 that much, but I'm sure that Ms. Sadohara has one hell of a story to tell, so stay tuned!

Miki: I can't wait to hear more about it.

Kazuki: Hope it's all worth it. I hate to admit it, but I'm also getting fired up. Do your best, Ms. Sadohara!

Miyuko: You can rely on me. Now, let's wrap this up and get on with the show!

2