Sorry!
5.4k 11 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will be the captain of this year". 

" Pfft hahaha". It was Mio who let out laughter upon hearing Yuuta's words. Chihiro was also chuckling and Shio was barely able to hold his laughter with his cheek puffed with air.

"So you dont believe me huh?" Yuuta wasnt bothered by the other two but he was pissed because of Mio's behavior.

"So-sorry. I..hah.I shouldn't have laughed. But it's too unbelievable to imagine you in the captain's place. " Mio as well the other two were oblivion about his academic knowledge as Yuuta barely made it in half tern exam and constantly gets low marks in-class tests. Apart from that Yuuta also never participated in any sports or club so their reaction was natural.

"Then why dont you bet on it". Yuuta said with a devilish smirk to Mio on which her expression broke down.

She perplexedly looked back at him before responding.

" That sounds good. Then if you become captain then I..uh...I will do whatever you want for one day." Yuuya got up and before turning his feet said in a low yet dominating tone.

"Done. And remember, I dont forget anything so easily so be ready to oblige according to your words." And he walked back to his seat making the trio startled and Mio a little embarrassed on what she committed in the spur of the moment.

(A/N: Dont hate her for this. It was natural for her to react like this.)

___________....____________

After class Yuuta went directly back home. He didnt wait for Mio today after school. He wanted to visit the shrine so he left early today. It was his habit since childhood to always pay a visit to the shrine on Wednesday. His grandfather always told him about the clan ancestor and how they fought for the prestige of their clan during their visit to shrines. Yuuta lived his childhood hearing those stories so how could he forget about it suddenly.

But it wasnt something Mio could ever know. When she returned to the class after her practice she saw the class empty.

"Strange. Well, it's not like he will wait for me every day." She laughed dryly as she made her way to her desk.

She was packing her bag and arranging the stuff all while conflicting inside her mind. Even she shrugged off the matter in an instant, she was wavering in thoughts on why Yuuta decided to go back alone.

He only stayed for her two days but those two days were so eventful and heart racing, that Mio started looking forward to it.

"Did I piss him off.." Only one conclusion inevitably came to her mind which was going best with the scenario in front of her. She thought that Yuuta didnt take it to heart when she laughed at his resolve on being the captain.

But remembering now, she realize the displeased look on his face when she laughed at him.

Her hand suddenly halted from what it was doing as she suddenly dropped on her seat.

'I am pathetic'. She took out her phone before fidgeting but finally decided to call Yuuta.

*Tring* But the other side never connected as Yuuta had his phone switched silent to maintain the shrine's policy and peacefulness.

'He totally hates me now.' And the maiden heart Mio was horribly feeling guilty on being ignored by Yuuta. She didnt dare to call him again and just texted him an apology for what she had done before leaving the school building.

As she walked in the windy breeze of November she continued contemplating about Yuuta. It was obvious that she would become conscious about him after he confessed to her so openly. And more to that, he was doing so many things to change himself. 

She admitted that she liked Shio but the way she felt around him was nothing compared to what she felt around Yuuta. Yuuta makes her embarrassed and accelerates her heart without warning. These kinds of emotions were something she felt for the first time however she was liking this change somehow.

Walking down the slop the entire city was in her view. The school was situated on a small mountain so the other side of the slop was covered with greenery. There was a shrine on the way down to the hill, where she used to play with Shio and Chihiro during childhood.

As she came across the shrine a small smile formed on her face as she reminiscent the past.

The high stairs were still covered with moss and grass which resulted in her falling several times before. This place was oozing with peaceful vibes and with her current state she wanted nothing but peace of mind.

She started climbing the stairs and when her left leg landed on the final step Yuuta suddenly found her standing on the top stair.

She got startled immediately and this was the same for Yuuta too as he never expected her here.

Due to the slippery surface, her balance gave out as she began to fall backward ready to suffer from a few bruises and cuts.

But a hand wrapped around her waist as she was about to get targeted by the gravity. Her tight closed eyes remain closed for some second before she realized her position. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Yuuta's dazzling eyes and charming face in front of her. Since the day he has started confronting Mio, she never had seen any kind of obvious reaction from him.  But now he was clearly worried. And it wasnt hard to determine, that for whome he was worried about.

"Tha-thank you. " She said as he pulled her back and helped her to stand properly.

"Stay focused where you are going Mio. It could have been dangerous." He scolded her in rather a harsh tone but she didnt feel angry but only genuine care from his words.

"I will be careful from next time sorry". She apologized with a shy smile on her face. Yuuta also felt his heart-melting seeing her like this.

" Are you going inside?" She nodded before asking.

"And you?" Yuuta waited for a second before answering.

"I am going home". He didnt wait and started walking down the stairs with a little hope building inside him.

" Ano...Yu-Yuuta kun." Yuuta halted his steps and turned toward the fidgeting Mio before humming in question.

"Will it be okay if we go together after I quickly visit the shrine? Just five minutes would be enough?" She pleaded with her kitten eyes which was too much for Yuuta to handle.

He sighed before replying.

"Yeah sure. Let's do that".

She prayed in the shrine and after wishing for the upcoming completion exited the shrine with Yuuta beside her.

They started descending the hill slowly without a word traveling between them. Mio finally gathered her courage to break the ice.

" Ah, Yuuta-kun. I am sorry for laughing earlier. It wasnt intentional and I didnt want to hurt your feelings. " She apologized while stealing glances at him meekly.

"It's okay. I know I didnt have a great record in school but it's not like I can't improve. So dont worry about it". Mio felt a little better as he spoke without much care.

As the station started nearing their time to say farewell also arrived.

The atmosphere between them became a little normal as they chatted quite a bit about here and there as they walked.

" Thank you for accompanying me Yuuta kun. It was a great time together with you. And I am sorry again for earlier". She bowed before she started walking toward the station.

Yuuta smirked before grabbing her wrist. She got startled before she turned toward him with little blush covering her ear tips.

"I forgave you about it but that doesn't mean I forgot about that bet. When I will become the captain, you will be mine for a day Mio. So you better prepare yourself." He released her hand and disappeared into the crowd.

She stood there dumbfounded for quite some time. Only one thought came to her mind...

'I am so gonna regret this later.'

___________________________

A/N: I am back!

There are some settings im the story which I have changed and will edit the previous chapter according to it.

Anyway, drop a comment if you like the author's dedication ~

 
143