I envy you!
2.1k 6 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure, mom? Mmkay, I will return tonight. Bye."

As the call disconnected, Mio turned the doorknob and entered Chihiro's room, where everyone else was waiting for her, with anticipation filling their eyes.

After Yuuta got the information about the source of the news article, he told Mio after calling her out of the group. But Chihiro wasn't able to endure the secrecy about the topic, so she also came to hear about it, and then Shio was followed by Kurumi, and in the end, Sayuri was also dragged by Rin.

In the end, the private conversation turned into a group discussion since, from what Rin declared, this matter concerned each of them in one way or another.

Plopping beside Yuuta, Mio told what others were patiently waiting for who knows how long.

"It's true. The drive is still in the place I have kept it. I told mom to check it out, and also, my cousin didn't enter my room yesterday since Mom already locked it before their arrival."

The look on Shio's face lit up in an instant as he got up and tried to cheer Mio.

"Isn't it great?! Now, you know that it didn't happen because of you."

Chihiro and Sayuri looked simultaneously at the short black-haired boy like they were watching a child celebrating a perfect summer salt.

Rin sighed in defeat as Kurumi also tried to stop Shio.

"But it doesn't change the fact that Yuu is still rusticated from the school."

Shio returned to himself as, with a startled look, he slowly dropped back on the bean bag with dark clouds over his head.

The atmosphere was heavier than before as they sat while thinking about various things related to single person.

There wasn't any chance of Yuuta returning to school or there might be a chance of students rebelling against the teachers, or maybe parents also complain to management for such partial treatment.

Not to talk about that, this has become a case of legal offense. If not for Yuuta's dad's power, Yuuta might have to answer the police instead.

It was a complete dead end.

"Why the long face? I told you I would do something about it. And you guys too..."

The first part was whispered by Yuuta, which only Mio heard and felt a lot better strangely before he called out for others.

"Don't muddle your heads in this matter since it's not something you should worry about. The plan, me and Shio have formed, I want it to be implemented properly. Even though I won't be there, I will be cheering for you guys with my utmost sincerity. So give it your all."

Yuuta was himself surprised by how fluently those things left his lips like he was a born captain or something. But whatever he said was all genuine and came out of expectancy from the friends he has made in this life.

The expressions on everyone's faces except for Sayuri were almost the same. Even the shy Kurumi had a look that told how moved she was by Yuuta's encouraging words.

Sayuri had an aloof expression, but she was surprised too since, from what she had observed in so less time, Yuuta doesn't generally concern himself with others except for Mio. Him, coming out of his shell and giving such a spirit-igniting speech was undoubtedly unexpected.

Mio had some similar thoughts, but she was glad that Yuuta said so or involved himself with others since she liked when Yuuta took the role of a leader.

Amidst silence which was far from heavy unlike before, Rin stood up with a dashing smile adorning her face as she announced on behalf of others.

"Don't worry. We will do our best!"

"But you aren't part of the team, right?"

Yuuta's instance reality check made Rin flustered as a blush made its way on her face, making others giggle in amusement. And not only that, the all-time indifferent Yuuta smiled coyly with his eyes narrowed too.

'This bastard was just getting back on me!!!'

________________________

Around five in the evening, both Sayuri and Yuuta drove away from Chihiro's place.

Mio also returned home only after she reassured, for a long half an hour, her worrywart boyfriend that she would be fine going home alone.

Others also left not long after since no one came to stay so late, which made their return quite rushed, especially Rin and Kurumi.

Once back home, the first person Yuuta met was undoubtedly his mother, who didn't mind the servant and Sayuri's presence and jumped on him like a child.

"Oh, my Yuu-chan finally returned. How thin you have become, my baby. Wait, today, mama will make food for the poor Yuu-chan."

"I was away only for a day, tho..."

Mirai didn't bat an eye to his son's counter, as after hugging him for quite an extended period, she finally let go and went toward the kitchen.

Yuuta glanced at Sayuri, who was watching the whole thing with a faint smile on her face, like she enjoyed what she saw.

"What is it?"

He asked as they moved toward the stairs which led to either of their rooms.

Sayuri didn't speak for quite some time. It was only when they were about to go separate ways, since their rooms were on either side of the stairs, Sayuri answered his previous question.

"It's just I envy you sometimes."

Yuuta was stunned for a moment since it didn't take a genius to understand what she said. But there wasn't anything he could say in return, so he chose to stay silent before Sayuri, with the same smile on her charming face, went away wordlessly.

But this time he was able to evaluate the grief hidden behind that smile.

It might be the first time someone he never concerned himself with made his heart react like this. Yuuta didn't know why such a thing happened, but for him, it was a sign of vulnerability, which he didn't like to have.

'It seems I have to increase my training... '

___________________

A/N: - Next chapter would be a big revelation with some development of Sayuri toward Yuuta. In all honesty, I don't know what would be the end result. I might offend some readers and might make some relieved, but now it's decided.

Anyway, I hope you guys liked the chapter, so drop a comment and let me know~

49