Daddy~
2.5k 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did something happen with Mio?"

It was around seven in the evening when Yuuta and Sayuri decided to return after a whole day of chattering and doing nothing useful.

The day was enjoyable for everyone except for Yuuta. The reason was undoubted that Mio was still ignoring him. Yuuta was sure that Mio wasn't angry with him and just was playing around, but still, he didn't like it when Mio sat beside Shio but not him.

Yuuta decided to get back to her tenfold but now when being with Sayuri, he remembered that she was quite dazed as well during the whole day.

Hearing his words, Sayuri turned her head in Yuuta's direction and found genuine concern in his eyes. It might be an exaggeration but these little changes in Yuuta make Sayuri quite troubled.

"Nothing much. She just asked what happened with father and that's all. But Yuuta-kun, more than that, I am extremely sorry. Since it was because of me that Mio is now angry with you."

Yuuta sighed before a smile followed on his lips. Resting his back on the comfortable seat, Yuuta seemed to be not so bothered as before as he assured Sayuri.

"Don't worry about it. I know how to coax Mio. More than that, you should stop working yourself up. I know the things that happened with Hajime-san must be weighing you down. But that doesn't mean you have to stop smiling and remain gloomy all the time right?"

Yuuta somehow knew how Sayuri must be feeling and also the blame for this small fight between him and Mio, Sayuri must be feeling guilty about it as well.

Yuuta has recently realized how much Sayuri has gone through since childhood. He cannot lighten up her past grief but in the present, he can at least comfort her with his words as much as he can.

Sayuri is one of the friends he has made in this life and undoubtedly, Yuuta doesn't want her to be sad.

"Who said I was gloomy? I was smiling all day long."

Sayuri crossed her arm on her belly while she acted to be complaining. Well, she accepts that she was dazed but not like she was sulking like a baby.

"If that was you smiling previously, then can you tell me what this is?"

Yuuta lifted his phone, in which he had already switched to his front camera before turning the screen toward Sayuri.

The face Sayuri saw of herself indeed belonged to a girl who couldn't suppress her joy because of getting attention from the boy she likes.

Her cheeks were slightly flushed and loosened up. Her lips were also curved slightly showing how relaxed she usually becomes around Yuuta. But soon her eyes blinked in perplexion as she saw Yuuta pressing the volume button.

*CLICK*

"H-Hey delete that! You! How can you take a maiden's picture without warning and especially when she has such a ridiculous expression?"

Yuuta has no reason to comply with her words as he puts his phone inside his jacket with a happy smile.

Hearing her weird words, Yuuta turned with a confused frown and spoke his genuine thoughts.

"Ridiculous? I found it adorable tho… ?"

"..."

..

..

….Sayuri received severe damage and didn't speak anything further.

________________….

After returning home both Yuuta and Sayuri retired to their rooms since they already ate plenty back at Chihiro's place.

Both of them had specific reasons to close themselves up.

Sayuri just wanted to take a shower and get rid of those stupid thoughts bubbling inside her head. She just can't understand this man at all!

As for Yuuta…

"You reached home?" (Yuuta)

Lying on his bed with a shirt and jeans still on, signifying how rushed he was, Yuuta asked Mio in a whispering tone.

There was a long silence from the other side before Mio spoke with a scoff.

"Do you care about it?"

"You very well know the answer, Mio."

Mio fell silent once again.

She knew Yuuta's behavior toward her hasn't changed and he still cares for her just like always. But she wanted to sound a little grumpy at least.

"...sorry and I reached home safely." (Mio)

Yuuta smiled with a nod as he replied in a more relieved tone.

"Don't forget to have lime water before you sleep. You ate a lot of greasy things today."

On the other side, Mio pouted as she detached the phone from her ear and stared at the screen for no reason.

Connecting the phone again, she spoke in a slightly louder tone.

"Don't act like my mother!"

Mio always feels like Yuuta cares for her like an older person. She does like being his center of attention, but sometimes it annoys her to think how irresponsible she actually is.

On the other side, a devilish smile formed on his lips, as Yuuta replied not so long after.

"I don't know about your mother, but if you want, I can be your daddy…"

There was a huge pause on the line before Mio's amused voice arrived from the other side.

"Geez, it was too cringy Yuu~."

"Was it? Then why are you blushing right now?"

Mio dropped her phone upon hearing his clear teasing remark as she covered her face with her plushie. She indeed was blushing from ear to ear and tried to not let it become obvious from her voice.

But this man is really a…

"...pervert~."

Yuuta knew what kind of expression she must be making at the moment. The major loss was that he couldn't see her. Well, it was not possible to see her all the time unless…

"Hey, Mio."

Hearing his voice, Mio again picked up the phone hurriedly since she felt his tone was slightly serious.

"Mmhm."

Without thinking much Yuuta spoke about a brilliant idea he came up with.

"Let's go on a trip. Just two of us."

_________________…

A/N: - Let's have some bonding time, shall we?

Drop a comment if you are liking the story so far~

23